PDA

View Full Version : Pennant Hills Matt "King" Carey kicks 100th for the year!

Prince
28th July 2004, 05:58 PM
Pennant Hills Under 18's Full Forward Matt Carey kicked his 100th goal last weekend against the Sydney Redbacks. Many spectators & players ran on the ground to celebrate.

Sydney AFL website article below:

http://www.sydneyafl.com.au/default.aspx?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=29967

parade old boy
29th July 2004, 12:38 PM
well done kingy and penno for feeding him

me son
30th July 2004, 10:03 AM
i saw carey play in 1st round at drummoyne.... kid can play!

should have been looked at by Rams! Where r u Rod "Tilt" Carter?

has he played first grade yet? thats the true test....

parade old boy
30th July 2004, 12:30 PM
yes i do believe he has played in the ones this year

floppinab
30th July 2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by me son
Where r u Rod "Tilt" Carter?

Rod Carter..... ppfffffttt. Has the bloke watched any local "non-elite" football in the last 5 years????

Saw the 18's Sydney squad out at the SCG on Wed. night. Sounds like this bloke should at least be in that squad, is he???

in_the_outer
30th July 2004, 02:41 PM
Saw the young kid play ones against Nth Shore this year. From what I heard being bandied around he was backing up after playing the day before and only received the call up that morning. He did alright. Kicked a goal and took some grabs.

Looking at him though his size might play against him for a few years. He's about 6ft tall and looks like he weighs about 50kg.

Before next season maybe he should duck into the local vet and get himself some of that equine stuff, or join me in the outer at a few games while we sink a few cans.

parade old boy
30th July 2004, 06:43 PM
Size is important, The new King carey, needs a big feed and some bench presses, he has the skills.As for the sydney 18's maybe next year i think he has 1 year to go in the grade

Umps Friend
30th July 2004, 07:14 PM
Another Penno kid doing alright.
I aint get out to many games due to being in Melbourne these days but they obviously have a well defined program out there, with the kids that seem to get to play at the higher level - Hayes, Both Mcveighs for a start.
Is it there coaching or whats the story.

parade old boy
2nd August 2004, 12:17 PM
Penno seems to be a bit of a breeding ground, Nick Potter is a rookie at the swans, David Boers is a sup list player at the swans. The Names to watch in the next draft...Barrat, Jack, Hodgson, and plenty more for the years to come im sure.From what i am told, its a very well run club, with a great family base and plenty of supporters from far and wide.....i think once a demon always a demon .The coaching staff obviously get the job done with the 1sts 3rd reserves top, 3rds(2nd reserves) 2nd and U18's top looks like some silverware might be heading to ern holmes oval

BillyBob
6th August 2004, 09:42 PM
All credit to the kid for kicking the goals.

Can someone give me a breakup of goals kicked against each team - from what I have heard the standard of under 18 footy has not been as high as in previous years....does anyone else agree??

Also, any idea who the last under 18 player to kick 100 goals in a season was? Is he still playing in Sydney?

shearer
9th August 2004, 09:42 AM
I cant give you a break up but i know Danny Roberts kicked a 100 goals two years in a row for North Shore a few years ago, he is still playing first grade and kicking goals there.

Theres a chance Daniel Rixon from St George will get to 100 as well..he has 16 to go.