PDA

View Full Version : Was the lions game....

barry
1st August 2004, 12:17 AM
An aberation, or a trend ?

One win in the last 3 against fellow finalist must be a fluke and we are still pretenders.

OR

7 wins from last 10 games with 2 of those losses being the hardest road trips in the comp, means we are building nicely to a flag tilt.

swansrule100
1st August 2004, 12:23 AM
start of a path to a premiership!

i can hope cant i?

I think it needs to be a springboard to some sort of tilt at the finals!

the melbourne game is the key.....

if we can win that it really gives us a lift up the ladder and a realistic finals presence . Not to mention confidence against good teams

Damien
1st August 2004, 12:28 AM
Hopefully your second option.

I am just hoping we can get into 6th spot, and have at least St.Kilda or Melbourne in the top 2, so we get a home final :D

NMWBloods
1st August 2004, 12:31 AM
Hopefully it's a trend, but it could just as easily be an aberration. Who knows with this side!

Beaussie
1st August 2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by barry

One win in the last 3 against fellow finalist must be a fluke and we are still pretenders.

OR

7 wins from last 10 games with 2 of those losses being the hardest road trips in the comp, means we are building nicely to a flag tilt.

Fingers crossed that it is the latter option.

Onwards to Victory.

swansrule100
1st August 2004, 12:38 AM
1 Melbourne
2 Bris Lions
3 St Kilda
4 Port Adelaide
5 Geelong
6 Fremantle
7 Sydney
8 Essendon

thats if geelong melbourne and west coast win tomorrow which i think should happen

doing a ladder on the all the stats site..

i have us comming 6th if we can remain undefeated

with the top 8 looking like:-

1 Bris Lions
2 St Kilda
3 Port Adelaide
4 Melbourne
5 Geelong
6 Sydney
7 Fremantle
8 Essendon

Damien
1st August 2004, 12:43 AM
Sounds good Andrew.

The AFL would be praying though that Essedon would sneak into 7th, so that we play them at Telstra in a final as opposed to Freo.

1st August 2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by barry

OR

It is not the number of wins or losses but how we won and lost? And I still believe we are a pretender with the show from last three games. We were playing at our homeground and they were missing several key players too.

Bron
1st August 2004, 12:52 AM
We can beat anyone, we (the team) just have to believe.

Dpw
1st August 2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Bron

I think that applys to all AFL sides, not just Sydney

RogueSwan
1st August 2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Newbie
... and they were missing several key players too.

and the swans weren't? You don't think Davis and Williams are key Swans? Well personally I don't think Williams is, but plenty out there still rate him.

Nico
1st August 2004, 11:19 AM
It as simply something special. In today's game it is something we can hang on to for at least this week.

Who knows what next week holds.

penga
1st August 2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bron

what if hawthorn believe? will they win the flag?

Thunder Shaker
1st August 2004, 01:17 PM
If we do finish 7th, hope that Freo finish 6th and Brisbane and Port in the top 2 (Geelong 5th), so that Freo don't get a home final and we play them in Melbourne in the first week.

There's thousands of Swans supporters in Melbourne but only hundreds of Freo supporters, so we almost get the home final anyway :)

Bron
1st August 2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by penga
what if hawthorn believe? will they win the flag?

I wasn't the one who said anyone can win.

We play well as a team, have a great style. But that style is dependent on confidence. That comes from self-belief. You try a few more daring things and they come off more often.

JF_Bay22_SCG
1st August 2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
If we do finish 7th, hope that Freo finish 6th and Brisbane and Port in the top 2 (Geelong 5th), so that Freo don't get a home final and we play them in Melbourne in the first week.

There's thousands of Swans supporters in Melbourne but only hundreds of Freo supporters, so we almost get the home final anyway :)

I agree. We could have 25000 Swans supporters at a game.

What is the bet that if that were to happen the Melbourne media would pump up our South Melbourne history.

Still, nothing wrong with that. In tribute to heritage week we broke into a "South Melbourne" chant in the cheer squad. There were Melbourne-based supporters with us; the looks of surprise and delight when we did that was worth the price of admission alone.

JF