PDA

View Full Version : Jason Ball

EMJ
1st August 2004, 07:17 PM
We need him next year - can't see anyone ready to stand up - what do you think our chances are of

(a) him playing on

(b) signing on for one more year

Damien
1st August 2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by janpa
We need him next year - can't see anyone ready to stand up - what do you think our chances are of

(a) him playing on

(b) signing on for one more year

Good

and

Very good.

penga
1st August 2004, 08:18 PM
i reckon he'll retire

there was an article a while back that said he wanted to retire when his body was right and not be forced out by injury

Nico
1st August 2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by penga
i reckon he'll retire

there was an article a while back that said he wanted to retire when his body was right and not be forced out by injury

That was when he had done his shoulder. If he gets through the season uninjured he may reconsider. Particularly if they make it worthwhile financially.

Mike_B
1st August 2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Nico
That was when he had done his shoulder. If he gets through the season uninjured he may reconsider. Particularly if they make it worthwhile financially.

IMHO he will retire. He has no reason to be in it for the money - he is one who does have a job outside of football that would pay pretty well, considering who he's working for. Physically I just don't think his body could take another pre-season and then year of football.

I don't want to see him go, but am expecting to see someone else in #27 in 2005.

barry
1st August 2004, 10:46 PM
He'll retire.

And considering he will be a lesser player next year through age, its probably for the best.

EMJ
2nd August 2004, 12:52 PM
If Ball retires we have a major problem - so I certainly hope not.
But deep feeling is maybe he will. He seems to be enjoying the games though and doing a leadership role - able to play forward and all.

Out rucks of Doyle, Meiklejohn etc are not our hope for the 2005 season.

swansrule100
2nd August 2004, 01:10 PM
if ball retires we need to buy a ruckman

i think he wants to play on but doubts his body

TheHood
2nd August 2004, 01:45 PM
Didn't get the accolades after Saturday night's game, but I personally thought he was excellent. His disposal has improved greatly from 5 weeks ago.

I hope he does play on because if nothing else, his intangible qualities are very important to our club.

Rob-bloods
2nd August 2004, 02:09 PM
If we cannot coax him thru' another season we have a big problem.

NMWBloods
2nd August 2004, 02:22 PM
I think Ball has been pretty useful the last couple of weeks - certainly demonstrating his current worth to the team over Doyle's. I wasn't sure if he would continue, but if he manages to keep fit and healthy for the remainder of the year, he may do one more year.

daniel f
2nd August 2004, 02:36 PM
Heard roosy say in a recent interview that he didnt like his chances of getting bally to resign for next year,fingers crossed theres some change in this as everyones already said we will be stuffed if hes not there.Hopefully young Erickson gets a senior game or two next year,at 203cm hell sure come in handy.

swansrule100
2nd August 2004, 03:14 PM
I hope he goes again if he can make it though. Dont him to play and be unable to function fully, or struggle through with injury cos his body is gone. Not only cos its leaves us stuffed, but he doesnt deserve to go out that way.

If he cant play we would need to buy a reasonable ruckman to take over as number 1 and help bring doyle on. I mean everitt might like to see what finals are like he must have forgotten by now.

barry
2nd August 2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100

If he cant play we would need to buy a reasonable ruckman to take over as number 1 and help bring doyle on. I mean everitt might like to see what finals are like he must have forgotten by now.

Everitt is a jinx. No way should we even consider it.

If we work on the assumption that Goodes can ruck around the ground next year, then Doyle can do centre bounce work, we probably only need to pick up a 2nd stringer as Meklejohn seems useless. (or perhaps LRT at a pinch)

Ottens would be ideal, Stafford could be ok if he was cheap, other than that its just any young one thats looking for more game time.

Ruckmen are quite rare these days.

swansrule100
2nd August 2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by barry
Everitt is a jinx. No way should we even consider it.

If we work on the assumption that Goodes can ruck around the ground next year, then Doyle can do centre bounce work, we probably only need to pick up a 2nd stringer as Meklejohn seems useless. (or perhaps LRT at a pinch)

Ottens would be ideal, Stafford could be ok if he was cheap, other than that its just any young one thats looking for more game time.

Ruckmen are quite rare these days.

was suggesting everitt mainly to have a go at the hawks..

but id take him if he wanted to come.. hes a good player

agree with the 2nd stringer part.. just someone who can share with doyle and so on. No need to pay a million bucks for jeff white or anything like that

as for suggestions..

well one of brisbanes 3... um dean cox?? maybe when gardiner is back he wont play as much?

ottens though would be good

Mike_B
2nd August 2004, 03:43 PM
I'd be willing to take Dylan McLaren (#25) from Brisbane - he is probably their 4th in line behind McDonald, Keating and Charman but has shown he is no mug. Probably the most likely chance we have to lure a ruckman from another club.

daniel f
2nd August 2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
I'd be willing to take Dylan McLaren (#25) from Brisbane - he is probably their 4th in line behind McDonald, Keating and Charman but has shown he is no mug. Probably the most likely chance we have to lure a ruckman from another club. Has anyone seen Erickson in action in the reserves,ive spotted his name in the bests a couple of times,at 203cm if he can get some senior games next year it would be a big bonus.

BAM_BAM
2nd August 2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by daniel f
Has anyone seen Erickson in action in the reserves,ive spotted his name in the bests a couple of times,at 203cm if he can get some senior games next year it would be a big bonus.

too young, too thin, and plays mostly at present in the forward line. He's not ready yet. But I look forward to the day he is. Has improved in leaps and bounds this year.