PDA

View Full Version : ..and suddenly it's perfectly clear.

midaro
7th August 2004, 10:50 PM
We don't have the heart.

Simple ;)

Charlie
7th August 2004, 10:52 PM
YOU SWANS REALLY ARE WEAK SOMETIMES.

I HOPE EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THAT TEAM READS THIS.

I AM EMBARASSED TO BE A SWANS SUPPORTER FOR ONE OF THE VERY FEW TIMES IN MY LIFE.

THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST GUTLESS, UNDISCIPLINED, LILY-LIVERED PERFORMANCES I HAVE SEEN THIS CLUB PUT IN.

TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT YOURSELVES, AND ASK YOURSELF WHETHER YOU WANT TO SUCCEED.

:mad: :o :rolleyes:

Glenn
7th August 2004, 10:55 PM
For a professional side, to say it is a disgrace is being kind.. all we can hope for is they get there collective arses kicked from here to Vic and back and come out against Melb and play for a full game :rolleyes:

anniswan
DITTO

jenky28
Originally posted by Charlie

I AM EMBARASSED TO BE A SWANS SUPPORTER FOR ONE OF THE VERY FEW TIMES IN MY LIFE.

THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST GUTLESS, UNDISCIPLINED, LILY-LIVERED PERFORMANCES I HAVE SEEN THIS CLUB PUT IN.

TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT YOURSELVES, AND ASK YOURSELF WHETHER YOU WANT TO SUCCEED.

I wouldnt go that far but it is very unclear how a team can be 40 points up and loose.

Get Doyle out and leave him there till he can learn to ruck at senior level without giving away stupid frees when it counts.

i feel sick every time jason ball leaves the centre cos thats the time we get pumped in the clearances.

For goodness sake get a ruckman who can ruck in the draft.

Charlie
7th August 2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by jenky28
I wouldnt go that far but it is very unclear how a team can be 40 points up and loose.

Get Doyle out and leave him there till he can learn to ruck at senior level without giving away stupid frees when it counts.

i feel sick every time jason ball leaves the centre cos thats the time we get pumped in the clearances.

For goodness sake get a ruckman who can ruck in the draft.

I think I was a little soft on them.

midaro
7th August 2004, 10:57 PM
I am totally without emotion - I can't get angry at this.
It's just so predictable.

We just have to face the fact that all talent in the world won't compensate for a complete absence of heart.

The Swans have become how the rest of Australia precieves Sydney - Style over substance. :)

What can we do? Nothing.

We have to build a tradition; forget South Melbourne, there is none of it left.

It'll take years - 70 years without a premiership; try 100. That'll be the only record the Swans will ever hold.

NMWBloods
7th August 2004, 10:57 PM
I am at the point where I don't give a @@@@@ about the rest of the season - I am so gutted by this loss. We have been crap for nearly all of the year but that is just beyond belief.

When it counts, when it really counts, we just aren't good enough and we just had no heart. We are gutless - there is nothing else to describe that performance. It was p*ssweak!

Oh - and congratulations Swans - you have just been beaten in the 5th greatest last qtr comeback in football history - @@@@@ing pathetic!! :mad: :rolleyes:

anniswan
7th August 2004, 10:58 PM
I can't bear to watch them sing that song. Amy I agree with you Doyle is a useless waste of space.

Charlie
7th August 2004, 11:00 PM
I'm sitting here, neglecting to get ready to turn up late for a party. I wish I had have gone at 8:30.

Why should I care, when the players so obviously don't? There is absolutely no excuse for that. Their fault.

anniswan
7th August 2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by midaro
I am totally without emotion - I can't get angry at this.
It's just so predictable.

You know I think you are right, my mother was watching with me saying we willl loose, I screamed at her saying no we won't it can't happen.

Well this is one of those time where your elders know more.

I feel like ****e, if I get one more call about the game I will throw the phone at something.

jenky28
7th August 2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
I can't bear to watch them sing that song. Amy I agree with you Doyle is a useless waste of space.

I can honestly say i turned the tv off in the last 10 mins cos i knew it was to good to be true. I do believe if we feel this bad imagine how that 22 feel. Every time they do it when other results go our way. In times like these i am gunna support them all except useless ppl like doyle who take a place in the side away from someone who knows how to play footy!!

TRADE DOYLE AND DO EVERY! A FAVOUR

Bleed Red Blood
7th August 2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by anniswan

The stuff of nightmares.

But sorry Anniswan,I can't agree with you on Doyle, had a good game.

Nice to see you can still use punctutaion in your anger, Charlie.

Thunder Shaker
7th August 2004, 11:10 PM
I almost punched a hole in the wall when the siren went.

Tonight I was to have gone to the boss's place to watch the game - he's a Kangas fan - but a change of plans saw me stay home instead to watch the game.

I'm glad of one thing - that I was at home. If I was still at the boss's place, I would have had a great deal of trouble driving home without causing an accident after that last quarter.

NMWBloods
7th August 2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jenky28
I do believe if we feel this bad imagine how that 22 feel.

I don't give a flying @@@@@ if they feel bad - I hope most of them feel ten times as @@@@@ as I feel. They were out there and they lost it - the supporters have no control yet have to feel the pain. I hope most of them feel like crap!!

To allow the opposition to kick more goals in the last quarter than they have kicked all game is the whole team's fault.

To lose when 40 points up at 3 qtr time is the whole team's fault.

The team @@@@@ me and I am unbelievably p*ssed at the players!

midaro
7th August 2004, 11:12 PM
Forget individual players; its a culture thing - we don't have one.

We're manufactured. The Spice Girls of the AFL.

midaro
7th August 2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
I almost punched a hole in the wall when the siren went.
I did that when plugger singlehandedly beat us in the last quarter around 1994 (also from about 40 pts down).

I came close to doing it again when Geelong did the same a couple of years ago.

Tonight I just switched to Eyes Wide Shut and enjoyed how good Nicole Kidman looks. ;) :D

robbieando
7th August 2004, 11:17 PM
Waste of time
Waste of effort
Waste of everything

I'm just too sick to even go though this match and ask where it went wrong. Its too simple the players lack the heart and the passion to even warrant wearing the Red and White.

Why Roos didn't do anything when the Roos started coming at us is beyond belief. When we really needed to blow the Roos away we let them back in and didn't care less.

Why support this team when this is the crap they throw up at us. Tonight is an all time new low for me. Here I am sitting in an Adelaide hotel room watching an easy win turn into a nightmare that should not of even of been allowed to happen. It just makes me sick to think that a win would of wrapped up a spot in the finals and more or less thanks to the results today a home final. But now I hope we just limp out from here. We don't warrant a place in the eight with crap like that.

Nico
7th August 2004, 11:20 PM
Agree Robbie. I am gutted. 1997 all over again when we fell into the finals and got blown away first up.

Our centre bounce work is just beyond belief.

monopoly19
7th August 2004, 11:32 PM
I hate the Swans tonight. I have no idea why I support them. Where was the heart? The passion? We have none. Trade the lot of them. I don't give a @@@@@ anymore.

I similarly hate the people who clapped them off the ground. The team deserves to be heckled, to be booed, and to have no-one show up to their last home game.

What a ****ing joke.

robbieando
7th August 2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Agree Robbie. I am gutted. 1997 all over again when we fell into the finals and got blown away first up.

Our centre bounce work is just beyond belief.

You mean 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2001 as well

The work in the centre was great for 3 quarters but our guys went to sleep in there and North lifted pure and simple. Fact is Roos took way too long to make a move to counter this and got caught out.

Personally I'm pissed off at the minute. Not only did the Swans choke but I log on to find out the Rangers match I was planning to go and watch was an early kickoff and thus I have missed the match. Not happy:mad: :mad:

robbieando
7th August 2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by monopoly19
I similarly hate the people who clapped them off the ground. The team deserves to be heckled, to be booed, and to have no-one show up to their last home game.

What a ****ing joke.

Ditto, the players need to know that we aren't happy with the effort. Stuff being nice with their feelings they are grown men who seem incapable of handling any sort of pressure or citisim. Hang the bloody lot of them, they make me sick.

Grant
7th August 2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I don't give a flying @@@@@ if they feel bad - I hope most of them feel ten times as @@@@@ as I feel. They were out there and they lost it - the supporters have no control yet have to feel the pain. I hope most of them feel like crap!!

To allow the opposition to kick more goals in the last quarter than they have kicked all game is the whole team's fault.

To lose when 40 points up at 3 qtr time is the whole team's fault.

The team @@@@@ me and I am unbelievably p*ssed at the players!

Yeah what he said......
Absolute disgraceful attempt at trying to play football.WHEN WILL THEY LEARN ITS A 4 QTR GAME!!!!!!

NMWBloods
8th August 2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Nico

I said a few weeks ago it felt just like 1997 again and it really does!

robbieando
8th August 2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I said a few weeks ago it felt just like 1997 again and it really does!

Just another year with Eade as coach. We have gone back to the tried and failed system. Why Roos is unable to work out our main problems is beyond me. Its like he isn't even trying.

Nico
8th August 2004, 12:25 AM
Well from what I can see is the game plan is to handball regardless. We over possess to buggery and we get ourselves into awful trouble by giving off once, twice, three times too often and just turning it over.

How many timesdoes Kennelly and most of our backs for that, try for the old one/two when they are clear, and if they get it back are under so much pressure they kick sideways to the boundary.

Dur, Rodney Eade stuff.

Maybe Roos is getting too comfortable with how the media perceives him and how fat his cheque for the next few years is.

Lets hope tonight was a wake up call for the bloke we thought was innovative and a great leader. It is too easy to say, "they are out there, I can't do anymore".

stellation
8th August 2004, 12:30 AM
and on top of all that my pastie was burnt to a crisp. not good enough Swans!

CureTheSane
8th August 2004, 06:49 AM
You all suck.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

We lost to the Tigers in our only other loss at the SCG this year.
At least I wasn't there.
I am lucky, by the time we lost, I was pretty drunk, playing poker, and winning.

And I likened it also to the time the Saints kicked a 10 goal last 1/2 to beat us.

Anyway, next week we play the Demons if I'm correct, then there will be a board full of happy "we won" threads, if we win.
If we lose there will be a heap of "I am tearing up my membership " threads.

BAM_BAM
8th August 2004, 10:43 AM
thanks CTS, you made me smile.

CureTheSane
8th August 2004, 01:28 PM
I was pretty wasted last night, er, this morning.
Actually, I am still pretty light headed.

But having just read about the trainer's death, I think we all see the game in more of a perspective.
Just a game of footy.

swan_song
8th August 2004, 02:14 PM

And I have seen plenty of gutless, undisciplined, lily-livered performances from the Swans in my time following them....72 years and counting!!!

Edit: Ooops...sounds like I've followed em for 72 years...can't claim to be that old, but you get the picture...

NMWBloods
8th August 2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe you should take into account that much of what was written was immediately after the game when there was no news of the death.

The self-righteousness is staggering at times...

silent lurker
8th August 2004, 05:06 PM

**** off Charlie.

Nobody likes you anyway.

It was fun being in the cheer squad at a match in Victoria with you not around.

desredandwhite
8th August 2004, 05:19 PM
And this thread's stopped becoming useful too...

Everyone, remember the simple rule - play the ball, not the man.

Charlie
8th August 2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by silent lurker
**** off Charlie.

Nobody likes you anyway.

It was fun being in the cheer squad at a match in Victoria with you not around.

Cheers. :rolleyes: