PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Net New Sponsor

Norris Lurker
1st April 2003, 07:40 AM
The embattled Bulldogs, reeling from their financial announcement last week and without injured captain Chris Grant for the season, have been thrown a line with the signing of an innovative new sponsorship deal with Ghoti Seafoods.
The new deal will see the Bulldogs not only wearing the Ghoti logo on their jumpers. In what is believed to be a world first for a sporting club anywhere in the world, the Ghoti logo will not only be shown on the football but the football itself will be replced to the shape of a fish for Bulldogs home games.
Bulldogs President David Smorgon welcomed the new sponsor. "There is no doubt we were floundering financially. It may have been a dark future, but this is whiting it considerably. We are now on quite a lofty perch."
Coach Peter Rhode, who currently has an undefeated coaching record after his first 2 games as a senior coach, and who will change his name to Ghoti for a week during the season as part of the sponsorship deal, reflected that it would be a challenge for the team to adjust to the newly-shaped football. "It scales new heights as a footballing challenge. But financially we were fin-ished without this deal. But with more experience with the ball than our opponents, we are angling for considerable success here."
3AW commentator Rex Hunt, a noted fisherman, was also noting the deal. "When I see Gee-Sir-I-Accuse-Ya go BANG and send the newly-shaped air conveyance through the high diddle-diddle instead of going behind the schtick, I'll think Yibbidee Yibbida, the Bulldogs are on a winner here. And anyone who thinks otherwise deserves a flat head."

desredandwhite
1st April 2003, 01:42 PM
Ahhh.. is it REALLY that time of the year again? :)

Sydneyfan
2nd April 2003, 01:54 PM
You actually had me there for a couple of seconds, I was thinking WTF?