PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Almosts (every bloody year...)

NS20
24th August 2004, 04:27 AM
For how much longer can they keep boasting that they are the best side in the Sydney AFL off field and have the best juniors in the league? Each August they pat themselves on the back after they miss out on the finals yet again because they won a couple of games at the end of the year. Someone please tell them that the games at the start of the season count for just as much as the games at the end. In addition its no good being in great form in August when the next footy you are gonna play is in March the following year. Cant think of another side that has finished one off the finals for so many years in another league, at least for ECE close enough seems good enough...

leapingleroy
24th August 2004, 10:56 AM
Also interesting to see East Coast ridicule North Shore players after the game for making the last 4 grand finals for only one win, yet North Shore have never had these comments from the club that beat them in UNSW-ES.

A credit to both UNSW and Norths who respect each others abilities and enjoy the rivalry that has built up over the years however heartbreaking.

East Coast have a long way to go, one good win during the season doesn't make a season and showing respect to other clubs may see them maintain some consistency, take them up the ladder and maybe make the finals for once.

Justifying your mediocrity will not get you to the finals East Coast!

Jacks
24th August 2004, 12:20 PM
Interseting that you can't think of another team in another league that has finished 5th only once as ECE has. I would have thought that there would have been thousands.

Although this years result has been the best for the club in a nuber of years there was a noticeable lack of back slapping amongst the players and the coaching staff after the game. There was in fact a fair bit of analysis of where the season went wrong.

jude_boltons_babe
24th August 2004, 06:00 PM
the north shore bombers are going to win for sure i can see it now

Norris Lurker
24th August 2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by jude_boltons_babe
the north shore bombers are going to win for sure i can see it now J_B_B, you going to come to Henson Park for the major semi on Saturday?

Norris Lurker
24th August 2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by NS20
Cant think of another side that has finished one off the finals for so many years in another league, Richmond. :p :p

jude_boltons_babe
24th August 2004, 10:38 PM
i wouldent miss it sorry i didnt go last week ive had other things on my mind

benny_w
24th August 2004, 10:52 PM
Hey Norris

Don't forget about our Div 1 Finals at Kelso oval at Pannania

Norris Lurker
25th August 2004, 08:47 PM
I haven't forgotten the Div 1 finals. I've put my tips up on my article - I may even get out to the grand final in a few weeks.