PDA

View Full Version : new rules for preseason comp

desredandwhite
18th January 2003, 01:06 PM
Just a thought... Do you think that the umpires wearing orange might have something to do with encouraging clubs to come up with alternate strips in the next year or two? ie: giving clubs the option of white as a second design (as the umpies will be wearing a 3rd, massively different colour, in theory)?

Bloody good idea, if that's what it is! :)

robbieando
18th January 2003, 06:43 PM
I think the color has more to do with who the sponsor of the Pre Season Cup is. If the Comp was sponsored by VB I have no doubt the umpires would be wearing Green.

Still what you say Des is right it could help clubs change.

desredandwhite
18th January 2003, 06:49 PM
Good point, Robbius Andosaurus. Just visited the WHL website and it looks like their corporate colours ARE orange and green. Still, I stick by my original statement.. it COULD make it easier to change colours :)

vagary
18th January 2003, 10:01 PM
i think that the afl are thinking about changing the umps uniform tho. last year at the exhibition game in london the field umps were wearing blue shirts.

robbieando
18th January 2003, 10:06 PM
And that was because the game was sponsored by AMP:D . I think the AFL will change the umps tops in line with sponsors in things like the Wizard Cup and the International matches however I think White will still stay in the Home and Away season.

Des not knocking you idea I think it played a part in the AFL decision.