PDA

View Full Version : Finals Results

floppinab
30th August 2004, 01:45 PM
Monday arvo already and no posts on the finals, come on people.......

Saw Saturdays games, Norths were comprehensive in both the Ressies and Firsts.

I thought Henson Park worked quite well but the crowd was v v v disappointing.

shearer
30th August 2004, 02:14 PM
I thought the ground was good and held the atmosphere very well. Will be good on GF day.

Has anyone heard how the young bloke from ECE ressies is doing?

Lensman
30th August 2004, 02:49 PM
They young guy from ECE was Ashley Loxton. He was taken to RPA and had all the scans and x-rays and was given the all clear.

On that, can I say that it was great to see so many people lending their assistance to Ash.

Rumours were that he was hurrying the hospital staff along so that he could still get back and play the last quarter.

Norris Lurker
30th August 2004, 06:59 PM
That's a relief. We arrived at around 1 o'clock to see an ambulance on the ground and all sorts of medical equipment being used. It didn't look good, and must have been unsettling for his teammates, but congratulations to them on their comeback in the last term.
Henson Park is a good venue for the finals. The ground's in great shape, and the stand was a relief on the Sunday when the rain hit - and there's no figures available but it looked like the best crowd I've seen at a semi-final for a while.

Norris Lurker
30th August 2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
I thought Henson Park worked quite well but the crowd was v v v disappointing. It was up against a Swans game on telly, and I didn't think it was too bad. I was back on the Sunday, and it was a lot bigger then despite the rain.

chammond
30th August 2004, 08:34 PM
Monday arvo already and no posts on the finals, come on people.......

Sorry, folks . . . I forgot to post the link to NL's review of the semis.

Here tis -

http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=439_0_3_0_C

Oscar
31st August 2004, 10:53 AM
See www.eastcoasteagles.com.au for a full update on Ash Loxton. As you will read, he is up and about, albeit a bit sore.

Henson Park is a great venue and once the word gets around Sydney footy as to how good it is, we should see an even better crowd on Preliminary Final day.

And given a strong crowd on Grand Final day with good weather, the cauldron style ground should generate a wonderful atmosphere.

floppinab
31st August 2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Oscar
See [url]
And given a strong crowd on Grand Final day with good weather, the cauldron style ground should generate a wonderful atmosphere.

Could someone explain to me why the Northside Junior Assoc. has scheduled it's Grand Finals on the same day as the SFL finals. Bit of a stupid one if you ask me...............

j s
31st August 2004, 01:54 PM
Could someone explain to me why the Northside Junior Assoc. has scheduled it's Grand Finals on the same day as the SFL finals. Bit of a stupid one if you ask me............... I'm pretty sure the Juniors scheduled their game first