PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kelly's Book ?

Cheer Cheer
18th January 2003, 02:02 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about PK bringing out a book sometime this year ?
I heard late last year rumblings about a book coming out this year, but havent really followed up on it.
Before I call the local bookstore I thought I would just ask here first to see if

A) There is a book coming out ?

an

B) When is it coming out ?

Cheers

bricon
18th January 2003, 02:18 PM
I haven?t heard anything about a Paul Kelly book however the most popular time for sporting books to be published is just before Fathers Day. FD falls on 7 September this year; a couple of weeks prior to FD would be a perfect time to release a Paul Kelly book should one already be in preparation.

As PK is SO admired by the entire footy community (not just we Swannies), I?m sure his biography would be a top seller

desredandwhite
18th January 2003, 05:01 PM
I haven't heard anything, but it would be interesting to read about the various experiences. I'm sure it'd be ghost-written anyway, PK was a man who let his playing do all the talking :)

robbieando
18th January 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm sure I heard something about this, but I can't be 100% sure. Still this will be one book that I will certinly get to add to my bookshelf above my desk.

jude_boltons_babe
19th January 2003, 12:53 PM
i havent heard much about it but if he has ill buy it for sure

Cheer Cheer
19th January 2003, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the response
I'll go down to the local bookstores and see if i can find out anymore info
If anything comes to hand you guys will be the first ones to hear it
Cheers

jude_boltons_babe
19th January 2003, 05:57 PM
thanks i hope he does have a book out it would be really good

Ajn
19th January 2003, 08:43 PM
put my name down for one

jude_boltons_babe
22nd January 2003, 12:43 PM
i spoke to paul willams and a few others about paul kelly book they didnt know anything about it so im not sure what is happening

Cheer Cheer
22nd January 2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the update, I'll check with the bookstores and get back to you guys on this one if someone doesnt beat me to it.

jude_boltons_babe
23rd January 2003, 12:03 AM
thanks for keeping me posted about pauls book

Cheer Cheer
28th January 2003, 08:12 PM
Ok guys I have been to the local bookstores today ie - collins , angus n robertson and I hate to say that there is no book at all to hear of at the moment - But dont fear, one wont be too far away, not only will a PK book be highly sought after by swans fans also the afl public would love to read about the great man too.
I expect to see a book out sometime next year IMO probably for fathers day or christmas.

jude_boltons_babe
28th January 2003, 10:45 PM
when the paul kelly book comes out ill get it straight away

Diego
29th January 2003, 03:00 AM
Cool a picture book with captions.

I hope its a big improvement on Pluggers last book. Poorly written. :o

jude_boltons_babe
29th January 2003, 12:44 PM
i cant belive tonys book they are still selling it at some places its 4 dollars it used to be 40 dollars

NMWBloods
29th January 2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Diego
Cool a picture book with captions.

I hope its a big improvement on Pluggers last book. Poorly written. :o

Like every other crap footy book written by some footy player about rubbish, which people simply buy because it's about their footy hero even though it's woefully written and generally pathetic... :rolleyes: