PDA

View Full Version : So who are RWO going for!

anniswan
19th September 2004, 12:23 AM
Post your votes

robbieando
19th September 2004, 02:00 AM
Let me see, who do I want to win????

On one hand I want the Lions to win, so they equal Collingwood's one last claim to fame (except for being the real September chokers) that matters to them

On the other I want the Power to win so my brother is alive come next Monday when I visit him in VH.

Hmmm

Glenn
19th September 2004, 09:43 AM
Just for something different, I am saying Port

NMWBloods
19th September 2004, 10:24 AM
How could anyone want Port to win so we have to see Mark Williams' arrogant mug even more!

RogueSwan
19th September 2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
How could anyone want Port to win so we have to see Mark Williams' arrogant mug even more!

... as opposed to Akermanis' ? I am sick of the Lions winning.

BonBon
19th September 2004, 01:09 PM
Port Power so I win $$$ in tipping!

Tooth Fairy
19th September 2004, 01:12 PM
Go Brisbane!

j s
19th September 2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
Port Power so I win $$$ in tipping!
Mercenary!!

Damien
19th September 2004, 03:57 PM
Brisbane, mainly to equal a Collingwood record.

Plus Port seemed to think they won the GF on Friday night.

anne
19th September 2004, 04:18 PM
Port - I am sick of Brisbane and their arrogance. Also Port won't go away until they actually win it.

swansrule100
19th September 2004, 04:20 PM
brisbane are one of the greatest sides ever

and i want them to win cos lynchy is my favourite non swans player..

monopoly19
19th September 2004, 05:32 PM
Definately Port.

swansrock4eva
19th September 2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by anne
Port - I am sick of Brisbane and their arrogance. Also Port won't go away until they actually win it.

You think them winning will make them go away? :eek:

Although it's getting boring, I still want the Lions to win:)

sharpie
19th September 2004, 05:43 PM

If you think the Lions are arrogant, I hate to see what Williams and his team are going to be like.

NMWBloods
19th September 2004, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah - yuck! Imagine Williams, Cornes, Pickett... :rolleyes:

Damien
19th September 2004, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah - yuck! Imagine Williams, Cornes, Pickett... :rolleyes:

Took Williams 5 minutes into a press conference to have a go at Guerra. I hate how he acts. Couldn't handle knowing he was a premiership coach.

Want the choker tag to remain.

Mike_B
19th September 2004, 05:58 PM
What do you expect from a former Collingwood player?

Damien
19th September 2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
What do you expect from a former Collingwood player?

A P. Williams/Schauble/Davis type turnaround to the good side :D

ROK Lobster
19th September 2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Damien

Want the choker tag to remain.
That is all that I have left for this season...

SXP
19th September 2004, 06:33 PM
I'm definitely going for Port. Three flags are enough for Lions.

The Boot
19th September 2004, 06:54 PM
agree . . and apart from anything, they have earnt it.
Flags in the next few years logically then go to Swans, Saints, Cats - not in that particular order.

cruiser
19th September 2004, 09:11 PM
For you non South Aussies who may not understand, yet, why Port must be hated and despised, remember that Port are also the Magpies in Adelaide. They belive that they are THE MAGPIES and that Collingwood should have changed, such is their arrogance.

ScottH
19th September 2004, 09:48 PM
Go Lions!!

Reintroduced the choker tag!!! ;)

Grant
19th September 2004, 11:01 PM
Before last nights game i said that whoever wins the Cats/Lions game i would be going for in the GF(and gee was i cheering for geelong)i am sticking with that,anything to be against Port

Lets just be glad its not Port/Pies GF,i would not know who i could go for....then again,that maybe the only time i could cheer for Port.

ROK Lobster
19th September 2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Grant

Lets just be glad its not Port/Pies GF,i would not know who i could go for....then again,that maybe the only time i could cheer for Port.
Should that ever be the case I think that the AFL would implode with negative sentiment

Sanecow
20th September 2004, 01:12 PM
Who cares who wins? The only consolation is that one of them will lose.

BAM_BAM
20th September 2004, 02:29 PM
I know many of you will have the confirmation of me having rok's (sorry couldn't help myself) in my head with my next next statement.

I have a soft spot for Port and it's only because of one of my favourite players - Gavin Wanganeen.

I've always thought he was a great player (although he does sh$t me no end when we play them). I would have said automatically that I'd want them to win for that reason, but after listening to Williams over the past year particularly after Friday night's comments in the post match press conference, I'm going to have to settle for Gav winning the Norm Smith in a losing side.

Could Mark Williams be more of a tosser if he tried. I'll even cheer on an Aker handstand to get them over the line.

We are the pride of Brisbane town ..........

Besides if the Lions win they equal the Pies record of 4 on the trot, so it's all good.

julie_l
20th September 2004, 04:04 PM
None of the above. I don't think I'll even watch the game. Brisbane are so arrogant, and I don't know much about Port.

Damien
20th September 2004, 04:50 PM
This article and photo
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10815363%255E20322,00.html

has confirmed me as Brisbane man this week - for the fourth straight year.

I was intending to go for them anway, but I have a slight bit of passion now, stuff Collingwood!!! stuff Joffa!. I refuse to go for a team that Joffa is going for lol.

JF_Bay22_SCG
20th September 2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sharpie
If you think the Lions are arrogant, I hate to see what Williams and his team are going to be like.

I'm not a fan of Williams much at times. He comes across as somewhat insecure and childish with the comments he makes as well. But that is just the Port way of doing things, paranoid, highly confident, and with a constant bee in their bonnet about a world that is against them. I see Port as a powerful interstate ally who is not scared to take on the mother's club of Vic clubs.

Yeah, I want Brisbane up there for the sake of AFL in Queensland. But some day they have to lose. And their Cheer Squad have got a right attitude about themselves these days. (I suppose who wouldn't after you won 3 flags, hey.)

Brisbane and Port are my equal 2nd team. But Paralowie Power is a good mate of mine. Hence I want him to be rewarded for his loyalty and passion for his team with the ultimate prize in footy, a flag.

JF

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 05:30 PM
if port lose it wont matter too much

sadly its only a matter of time before they win a flag

ROK Lobster
20th September 2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
if port lose it wont matter too much

sadly its only a matter of time before they win a flag
we can hope that it is a long time though

BonBon
20th September 2004, 05:57 PM
Port to win because I want the tipping $$$.

Bris to win so I can sing to their theme song.

I LOVE their Theme Song. Last year when they won, I loved their song SO SO ever SO much that I hopped onto their website and listened to the song on full volume & was singing away like I was in the clouds!

Aren't I a sick little girl? *wink wink, nudge nudge* :p

BigBadBustlin
20th September 2004, 06:01 PM
Lions. I cant stand port. They think they are such a great team. Although the lions think this as well, at least it is warranted.

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
Port to win because I want the tipping $$$.

Bris to win so I can sing to their theme song.

I LOVE their Theme Song. Last year when they won, I loved their song SO SO ever SO much that I hopped onto their website and listened to the song on full volume & was singing away like I was in the clouds!

Aren't I a sick little girl? *wink wink, nudge nudge* :p

perhaps ur french at heart

BonBon
20th September 2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
perhaps ur french at heart
or NOT

lol tehehe

Pink_Lady
20th September 2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks Damien, I now have another reason to barrack for Brisvegas!!

No question about it for me- Lions all the way.

I just want to hear Vossy say, 'YOU LITTLE BEAUTY"!!
(BIG soft spot for Voss)

:D

BonBon
20th September 2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Pink_Lady
I just want to hear Vossy say, 'YOU LITTLE BEAUTY"!!
(BIG soft spot for Voss)

Oh my GAWD! That is charming! :p

I have a major soft spot for Akermanis. I just wanna see him pump his muscles with his handstand push ups!

benny_w
20th September 2004, 09:15 PM
akermanis is a joke
go the power

lescygnes
21st September 2004, 08:24 AM
damien, you twisted my arm. ill go for brissy because i hate joffa.

and the theme song rocks too. allons enfants de la patrie!

whose dissin' the french? thats albertas job....

cheers
jm

BTW-watching the game live on friday night! 9pm start! ill be pickled by then!

dread and might
21st September 2004, 08:36 PM
Non Vic. GF. i feel like i've won already!!! the rest is detail.

i think i hate port more, so i'll go brisbane.

Destructive
21st September 2004, 10:43 PM
I got a feeling the Lions will blow them away.

They will win by 6 goals.

Tooth Fairy
22nd September 2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
Non Vic. GF. i feel like i've won already!!! the rest is detail.

i think i hate port more, so i'll go brisbane.
That's not only an insult to the loyal Fitzroy fans, but it is also an insult to the 6000+ Victorian based Sydney Swans / South Melbourne MEMBERS not to mention the 1000s more non members

SXP
23rd September 2004, 11:25 AM
I've just got a ticket for GF and I hope it's going to be a nice day.:p
Brisbane has got some injury worries, so it is going to be a tight game. I don't hate any club in particular so I'll be supporting Port on this occasion because they deserve it, although Brisbane might still win based on their experience only.

floppinab
23rd September 2004, 12:41 PM

Heard on the wireless today interview with Williams quote is not 100% accurate "Given the history of the club I believe it is our destiny to succeed this weekend" :rolleyes:

It is just seeping out of them this week.

You are going down you arrogant ****s.

Go LIONS

Sanecow
23rd September 2004, 01:15 PM
Ideally: Lions win without Akermanis (late withdrawal), Akermanis retires and is never heard from again.

NMWBloods
23rd September 2004, 02:37 PM
I'm hoping for Brisbane to set a record for the biggest win in a GF!!

ROK Lobster
23rd September 2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Ideally: Lions win without Akermanis (late withdrawal), Akermanis retires and is never heard from again.
I love to hate Aker. He ****s me up the wall when we play them but I love watching him do that to other sides. Plus he can play well enough to carry it off. And plus, he's Crouch's bunny...

JF_Bay22_SCG
23rd September 2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by SXP
I've just got a ticket for GF and I hope it's going to be a nice day.:p
I don't hate any club in particular so I'll be supporting Port on this occasion because they deserve it, although Brisbane might still win based on their experience only.

I have to ask mate, how in hell did you get a GF ticket?

And furthermore, if we played in a Grand Final and a Port or Brisbane got your seat, how would you feel?

You should see the amount of people on thePowerfromPort.com clambering for tickets at the moment. Some are paying $500 on the black market at the moment.

No offence personally SXP, but the issue of supporters not of the competing teams getting tickets to the Grand Final is one that doesn't sit well with me. In 96 the atmosphere was a complete joke; noone there were supporters of either North or the Roos and just sat there looking bored.

JF

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
23rd September 2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
Heard on the wireless today interview with Williams quote is not 100% accurate "Given the history of the club I believe it is our destiny to succeed this weekend" :rolleyes:

It is just seeping out of them this week.

You are going down you arrogant ****s.

Go LIONS

But Port Adelaide is BY FAR Australia's most successful football club.

Doesn't anyone have any respect for this?

JF :confused:

SimonH
23rd September 2004, 04:35 PM
If Port Adelaide were playing Satan, it would be a toss-up who I'd barrack for. Add together how much most Melbournians hate McGuire-era Collingwood and Elliott-era Carlton, and you still aren't getting close to my hatred for Port.

I would like to see them humiliated, even more than I'd like to see them beaten by a huge margin.

The best way of achieving this would be if a rank Port choking error proves to be the turning point of the match. Perhaps Tredrea dropping a crucial mark 15 metres out; perhaps Gavin Wanganeen making a hasty decision to switch play and putting it straight down Brown's throat; perhaps Voss having 5 attempted weak tackles fall off him before kicking the sealer. I don't mind too much. As long as they are unable to walk off the 'G with their heads held high, and (a la Woods 2004) realise they've blown the biggest chance of their lives and plummet, dispirited, to mediocrity in 2005.

Oh, and no disrespect to Roger James (or Mattie Primus) in any of the above. (They're Norwood boys.)

Tooth Fairy
23rd September 2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

Jeez JF, don't make me slap you :p

SXP
23rd September 2004, 04:39 PM
I have to ask mate, how in hell did you get a GF ticket?

And furthermore, if we played in a Grand Final and a Port or Brisbane got your seat, how would you feel?

You should see the amount of people on thePowerfromPort.com clambering for tickets at the moment. Some are paying $500 on the black market at the moment.

No offence personally SXP, but the issue of supporters not of the competing teams getting tickets to the Grand Final is one that doesn't sit well with me. In 96 the atmosphere was a complete joke; noone there were supporters of either North or the Roos and just sat there looking bored.

JF

JF

I got the ticket as an AFL member. Tickets were not released for general public. I believe we discussed this issue (of allocated tickets for GF) to death in the past and I feel sorry for the supporters of both clubs, who'll miss out, but until AFL changes its policy about the ticket allocations, I'll take advantage of it.;)
As far as the Swans are going, this could be my only chance to see the GF, since I've missed the one in 96. Who knows when are they going to play in a GF again.

cruiser
23rd September 2004, 05:51 PM

Respect!! I hate and despise them and their arrogance. You need to live in Adelaide for a few years JF, then you might understand. I am sworn to support whoever they are playing. I will cheer louder for Brisbane than ever before.

The Port scum MUST NOT win!!!

cruiser
23rd September 2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
If Port Adelaide were playing Satan, it would be a toss-up who I'd barrack for.
No it wouldn't. Go Satan!!!

cruiser
23rd September 2004, 05:54 PM
Really? Good, make them pay. And I hope they pay to see their team humiliated. I cant wait to see the Port supporters crying on TV at 5pm on Saturday.

SimonH
23rd September 2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
No it wouldn't. Go Satan!!!

Nice call! If Port hatred has extended to the Central Coast, it can only be so long before it circulates all around Australia. Although, I agree, you've gotta have lived in Adelaide to get the appropriate intensity.

And for all of those wondering what Port Adelaide (the area) actually looks like- if you've seen Bad Boy Bubby, it was filmed there.

cruiser
23rd September 2004, 06:42 PM
Nice call! If Port hatred has extended to the Central Coast, it can only be so long before it circulates all around Australia.
It is my duty, my life calling, to spread the hatred. ;)

ROK Lobster
23rd September 2004, 06:48 PM
if you've seen Bad Boy Bubby, it was filmed there.
Mmmm... cockroaches

cruiser
23rd September 2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Mmmm... cockroaches
And that's the mothers.

lescygnes
24th September 2004, 01:41 AM
Satan plays Hockey, and when the NHL is actually on, he plays for the Buffalo Sabres.

True!!!

i've seen Port win a SANFL premiership, and it wasnt so bad. it was a hell of alot nicer than seeing ****ing collingwood win one.

john

dread and might
24th September 2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by lescygnes
Satan plays Hockey, and when the NHL is actually on, he plays for the Buffalo Sabres.

LOL. he's a fair player too, imagine being the goaltender he just scored on, and seeing SATAN on the back of the jersey skating away! anyway, he would beat port adelaide if they played hockey:p

dread and might
24th September 2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Tooth Fairy
That's not only an insult to the loyal Fitzroy fans, but it is also an insult to the 6000+ Victorian based Sydney Swans / South Melbourne MEMBERS not to mention the 1000s more non members

apologies to fitzroy people, bloods folk and any other victorians who can't stand my sweeping generalisations BUT....i think it is good for football to have a non victorian GF. i reckon it will still sell out and anyone who pines for the good old days, needs to be happy they were there for them and move on!!

i am mentally preparing myself for the move south next year so i too can become an angry victorian based swans member. in regard to our respective signatures TF, maybe when i'm down there we can meet for a beer, you can knock my teeth out, and i'll kick the crap out of you;) :D

Tooth Fairy
24th September 2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
apologies to fitzroy people, bloods folk and any other victorians who can't stand my sweeping generalisations BUT....i think it is good for football to have a non victorian GF. i reckon it will still sell out and anyone who pines for the good old days, needs to be happy they were there for them and move on!!

i am mentally preparing myself for the move south next year so i too can become an angry victorian based swans member. in regard to our respective signatures TF, maybe when i'm down there we can meet for a beer, you can knock my teeth out, and i'll kick the crap out of you;) :D

Hehehehe :D

Of course the GF will still sell out. AFL supporters love their football and the Grand Final no matter who it is between. Although I must interject here and add that a Collingwood vs Port Adelaide GF would probably not generate much interest at all ;). But, I disagree that it is "good" for football. I don't see any good coming out of it at all, except for the bragging rights that the insecure non Victorian states will have that it is a non Victorian GF. It amazes me how much hatred South Australia and NSW has for Victorians.

As for your move down south, I hope you enjoy it. Unfortunantly I will have to take a raincheck on the beer and ass kicking though because I live in Perth now :)

floppinab
24th September 2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
It is my duty, my life calling, to spread the hatred. ;)

Come all ye comrades and join ze cauze!!!!

floppinab
24th September 2004, 12:15 PM
mmmmmmmmmm...... just before we get all lovey dovey, who exactly are your SA teams???

go you blues on Sunday

floppinab
24th September 2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lescygnes

i've seen Port win a SANFL premiership, and it wasnt so bad. it was a hell of alot nicer than seeing ****ing collingwood win one.

john

Seeing it is one thing and living with it is something else.

Interesting you won't hear too much about the rediculous recruiting setup in Adelaide that so heavily favoured Port particularly over their neighbouring teams (North in particular). Made the SCC look like fairy bread!!!

JF_Bay22_SCG
24th September 2004, 01:35 PM
Seeing it is one thing and living with it is something else.

Interesting you won't hear too much about the rediculous recruiting setup in Adelaide that so heavily favoured Port particularly over their neighbouring teams (North in particular). Made the SCC look like fairy bread!!!

What do you mean? The North boys I chat with on Rocketrooster.com haven't mentioned it.

Or are you meaning North Melbourne?

Am curious, that's all.

JF

PS:- The thing I don't like in the SANFL clubs is that a player goes from leaving their AFL club to play for a rival SANFL. How could you cope with a Norwood player suddenly playing for Port. Or a Port Magpies player playing for the Crows.

Wardy
24th September 2004, 02:04 PM
Lions to win - by a point (which will come from a Alister Lynch snap at goal right on full time!)
A great way for a great champion to retire.

floppinab
24th September 2004, 02:21 PM
What do you mean? The North boys I chat with on Rocketrooster.com haven't mentioned it.

Things have changed now but for a very long time, in the days when clubs had recruiting zones, Ports extended well into the "newer" Northern Suburbs of Adelaide, they had by far the biggest and by it's nature, best area of Adelaide for a long time (new families, lot's of young bucks produced). Arguably a lot of these players should have belonged to North (and later Centrals). I remember Dwayne Russell and Craig Bradley being cited as good examples, growing up a hell of a lot closer to Propsect than Alberton.

cruiser
24th September 2004, 03:17 PM
PS:- The thing I don't like in the SANFL clubs is that a player goes from leaving their AFL club to play for a rival SANFL. How could you cope with a Norwood player suddenly playing for Port. Or a Port Magpies player playing for the Crows.
It breaks my heart to see the Cornes surname twice on the Port scum playing list. :frown

SimonH
24th September 2004, 04:49 PM
Things have changed now but for a very long time, in the days when clubs had recruiting zones, Ports extended well into the "newer" Northern Suburbs of Adelaide, they had by far the biggest and by it's nature, best area of Adelaide for a long time (new families, lot's of young bucks produced). Arguably a lot of these players should have belonged to North (and later Centrals). I remember Dwayne Russell and Craig Bradley being cited as good examples, growing up a hell of a lot closer to Propsect than Alberton.

True, things used to be set up well for the more powerful sides with youngsters. The western suburbs of Adelaide are not terribly heavily populated (because they run into the ocean after about 8km) and yet after 1964 they were expected to support four teams (excluding Port) in a 10-team comp! Glenelg were a traditional powerhouse who I think had some strong footy schools in their small metro area, but the other 3 western suburbs teams really struggled.

As you can now see from the under 17 comp results (http://www.sanfl.com.au/default.aspx?pg=ladder&tournamentid=331), things sure have changed.

Originally posted by JF
The thing I don't like in the SANFL clubs is that a player goes from leaving their AFL club to play for a rival SANFL. How could you cope with a Norwood player suddenly playing for Port. Or a Port Magpies player playing for the Crows.

There are mixed emotions (to say the least) when a Norwood player gets a gig at Port Power, but perversely it benefits the club in that they'll at least be able to play for the Redlegs when not selected for Port; whereas if they're drafted by one of the 14 non-SA clubs, they're lost to the club.

Sorry we've wandered way off topic- go Lions!

Schneidergirl
24th September 2004, 05:46 PM
Go you mighty mighty Lions!!!!

Port must NOT win.

GoBloods
24th September 2004, 05:46 PM
Go the Lions , they are just a great team to watch and know how to play football. whats more there list is not really old( apart from lynch,hart,pike ) . They are probably good enough to win 5 in a row. and port do suck

swan_17
24th September 2004, 07:59 PM
Go lions!!

floppinab
25th September 2004, 09:03 PM

sharpie
26th September 2004, 03:56 PM
I was going for the lions purely because if port was to win, then they would be one less team in our precious little club of teams that have never, or have not for a very long time, won premierships.

it is now down to:
Fremantle
Geelong (only just coz they kept losing GFs)
Melbourne
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney
Bulldogs

this is so depressing.

port1978
27th September 2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Wardy
Lions to win - by a point (which will come from a Alister Lynch snap at goal right on full time!)
A great way for a great champion to retire.

LOL, yeah, great way for him to retire.....