PDA

View Full Version : Who will we play round 1 next year?

anne
20th September 2004, 03:26 PM
I hope we don't get Brisbane again. I am dying to know as it often sets the tone for the season. Who do other people think or hope we play? I have a feeling it may be West Coast. At least it would get the worst away game over and done with early.

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 03:37 PM
round 1 2005

Friday Night
Essendon v Carlton mcg

Saturday
Hawthorn v Collingwood Mcg
Geelong v Fremantle SS

Saturday Night
Adelaide v Richmond AAMI
Kangaroos v Sydney TD

Sunday
West Coast v Port Adelaide Sub
Brisbane v W.Bulldogs Gabba
Stkilda v Melbourne TD

hows that sound??

its just crap and highly unlikely but i was bored.,.. and at least i didnt do the entire 22 rounds :)

Damien
20th September 2004, 03:39 PM
Got me excited that you had info Andrew lol

I heard the first weekend was over easter next year? but Collingwood will not be playing Brisbane on the Thursday?

Easter is March 25-28th next year, so makes sense I guess.

ROK Lobster
20th September 2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
and at least i didnt do the entire 22 rounds :)
You'd be better off looking at wedding dresses

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Damien
Got me excited that you had info Andrew lol

I heard the first weekend was over easter next year? but Collingwood will not be playing Brisbane on the Thursday?

Easter is March 25-28th next year, so makes sense I guess.
its over easter?? whoops

the thing i heard is collingwood wont kick off the season

i think round 4 should be

Hawthorn v Sydney York Park

:)

BonBon
20th September 2004, 03:59 PM
Buggerie! I thought that was the "real" Rd. 1 for a minute until I read the last part - Andrew

I HOPE we don't play at Marrara or York Park and only 1 game at Subiaco because I DONT wanna drive to Darwin and I wont be allowed to go to Launceston and if I go to Perth, I better start saving $$$ now! :p

Hopefully next season I can go to the opening weekend/first round.

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 04:00 PM
my aim is to get to one game next year like this year

2 if the swans play at york park

BonBon
20th September 2004, 04:02 PM
my aim is to get to one game next year like this year

2 if the swans play at york park
How many games did you get to this year?!?!?!

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
How many games did you get to this year?!?!?!

lol
if i said my aim is to get to one game next year like this year i think u can work it out :)

ive only ever been to one swans game in my life and ive supported them since i was 3 in 1986

and that was round 20 v melbourne at telstra dome 2004

what a win!

thats my sob story :P

BonBon
20th September 2004, 04:13 PM
lol
if i said my aim is to get to one game next year like this year i think u can work it out :)

THAT'S IT! That is why I asked such an obvious question because it is HARD to believe you've only been to one game oh ?hit you poor thing! For the past 18 years, every weekend you've been busy or in destitute to get to a Swans game?

I've been to Sydney 3 times, Adelaide once and nearly went to Perth and Canberra.

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 04:22 PM
ive always lived in tassie so have to watch on tv always.

once when i was 3 dad offered to take me to the scg and packed me in the car. I got dressed up all excited i was off to see the swans play essendon. we drove around for about 2 hours, i was asking so many questions, so thrilled i could see a game of the swans...

then he just drives home and turns the tv on.

i was a dumb kid :P

Damien
20th September 2004, 04:26 PM

Some things don't change hey Andrew ;)

swansrule100
20th September 2004, 04:30 PM
i love you too mate :P

robbieando
20th September 2004, 05:24 PM
Going by the article in the Herald Sun last Thursday, parts of the draw have already been leaked and the following is what has already been put down for Round 1

Thur N - Brisbane vs St Kilda (Gabba)
Sat - Richmond vs Geelong (MCG)
Sat N - Fremantle vs Port Adelaide (Subiaco)
Sun - Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs (Telstra Dome)

As for Darwin we can rule out playing there as we will be playing the Bulldogs once next season and that at the SCG in Round 9 and that will be a Bulldogs home game, with the agreement between the two club to continue. As for games in Tasmania, we won't play St Kilda down there as Freo will play there in Round 4 against the Saints and the other Saints home game down there will be against one of the Adelaide based teams. Hawthorn down there is still unknown however it seems unlikely and they will play whoever the Saints don't play there (ie West Coast)

On the Wizard Cup, we are reported to be playing the Bulldogs in Round One (one would think at TS) and the winner of that match will play their Round 2 match in Tasmania.

No word on the amount of games in Melbourne (likely to be 5 again), nor the amount of Sunday games at the SCG (likely not to change)

Anyway only 2 weeks until its released.

robbieando
20th September 2004, 05:27 PM
round 1 2005

Friday Night
Essendon v Carlton mcg

Saturday
Hawthorn v Collingwood Mcg
Geelong v Fremantle SS

Saturday Night
Adelaide v Richmond AAMI
Kangaroos v Sydney TD

Sunday
West Coast v Port Adelaide Sub
Brisbane v W.Bulldogs Gabba
Stkilda v Melbourne TD

hows that sound??

its just crap and highly unlikely but i was bored.,.. and at least i didnt do the entire 22 rounds :)

Sounds great, however two points I must raise.

1) We would play the Kangaroos in Canberra, not Telstra Dome and
2) Round 1 next year falls on the easter weekend so there will be no Friday Night match, however there will be a Thursday Night match

BonBon
20th September 2004, 05:44 PM
ive always lived in tassie so have to watch on tv always.

once when i was 3 dad offered to take me to the scg and packed me in the car. I got dressed up all excited i was off to see the swans play essendon. we drove around for about 2 hours, i was asking so many questions, so thrilled i could see a game of the swans...

then he just drives home and turns the tv on.

Oh REALLY, well... THAT explains EVERYTHING! I soooo wanna go on Spirit of Tassie ship, but when Im older so I can go on pokies and drink at the bar etc, like 'real' paradise.

Bart
20th September 2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
so I can go on pokies and drink at the bar etc, like 'real' paradise.

Irresistable. I'm cancelling my Maldives trip now.

BonBon
20th September 2004, 07:15 PM
Bahaha