PDA

View Full Version : nathan g. brown vs akermanis

penga
6th April 2003, 07:00 PM
doggies need signatures

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=83248

surely brown will be absolutely sick of having to take numerous pay cuts and getting payed alot less than he deserves... i thought he almost quit last season from the doggies coz they were asking him to take ANOTHER pay cut...

my question is this, if we were to snag one of these players, who would you prefer??? both match winners, both midfield/half-forward players, both out of contract

will our prospected youth policy bite us in the arse when such champions maybe up for grabs and we dont pick them up??? brown is 25, and aker is 26... could they still count as youth???

imagine our forward line with both of them:

hf: brown oloughlin akermanis
ff: nicks hall davis

would that almost be the best forward line ever comprised

i think if brown doesnt resign and neither does akermanis we could manage to snag them both!!!

as connolly said on the weekend, u recruit midfielders and forwards but you develop backmen... there is plenty of room to move for our backline to be developed, maybe we should isolate our backline for the youth policy. that is of course basing that rebuilding around mal michael! :)

penga
6th April 2003, 07:11 PM
darcy is too old at 28 imo, bulldogs would give life and limb to have darcy to stay

i think its time too do a clean out of the cupboard, expect a few heads to roll at the end of the season

penga
6th April 2003, 07:18 PM
im getting carried away i know, but imagine:

fb fixter michael c. bolton
hb thewlis LRT saddington
c kennelly j. bolton crouch
hf brown oloughlin akermanis
ff nicks hall davis
fol goodes williams maxfield
int kirk doyle okeefe schneider

penga
7th April 2003, 12:29 PM
ok, maybe i didnt quite make clear of the response i wanted, brown vs aker, which would you prefer:

1. Neither, i cant stand either of them
2. Aker, i dont like brown
3. Brown, i dont like aker
4. both

treespirit
7th April 2003, 01:14 PM
Aker. I think we already have a few potential Browns.

Charlie
7th April 2003, 05:05 PM
I'd quite happily take either, but I don't think we'll get them. One thing about being a Swans fan, you learn to disregard the press when they link a player with us!!!

treespirit
7th April 2003, 05:45 PM
Good call Charlie.

penga
7th April 2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
I'd quite happily take either, but I don't think we'll get them. One thing about being a Swans fan, you learn to disregard the press when they link a player with us!!!

i know we have been linked to aker by the media, there has been no media link with the others... i wish we would just pursue in recruiting them

another fella id like to see targeted with the iminent retirement of jason ball (surely there isnt that long) would be ray hall, he is from the central coast and would be inline with our current move of trying to recruit new south welshmen