PDA

View Full Version : SEN Whisper

Syd Swan
6th October 2004, 09:38 AM
Whisper on SEN this morning that O'Keefe may be offered to Carlton for their first round pick.

I hope it isn't true.

Ryan Bomford
6th October 2004, 09:41 AM
Now that would be a bad trade -- pebbles for dust!

dread and might
6th October 2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Syd Swan
Whisper on SEN this morning that O'Keefe may be offered to Carlton for their first round pick.

I hope it isn't true.
would that be part of the larger Ottens trade? if so:mad:

Syd Swan
6th October 2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
would that be part of the larger Ottens trade? if so:mad:

I am guessing that is what it is all about.

Donners
6th October 2004, 09:50 AM
Geez, I hope not. Effectively O'Keefe and our first pick for Ottens is not a good deal.

Somebody suggested on SEN this morning Schneider to Brisbane for McLaren and their first pick, which wouldn't be that bad at all.

Foreign Legion
6th October 2004, 10:01 AM
We may not have to trade at all to get Ottens...

...the cards are falling our way to get Ottens in the PSD!

Announced this morning that Richmond are looking to get Joel Smith with its 1st pick in the PSD - they won't be redrafting Ottens.

The only club before us that would be keen/have the money in their cap would be Collingwood I reckon.

Even if we don't get him through the PSD it makes it more important for Richmond to do a deal.

No way would I accept a first round pick for Pebbles - would need at least that plus a 3 round at absolute minimum.

ugg
6th October 2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Donners
Geez, I hope not. Effectively O'Keefe and our first pick for Ottens is not a good deal.

Somebody suggested on SEN this morning Schneider to Brisbane for McLaren and their first pick, which wouldn't be that bad at all.

McLaren is still too raw. If it was Charman on the other hand, I'd take it in a flash

cruiser
6th October 2004, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't want to lose either O'Keefe or Schneider.

Matt79
6th October 2004, 11:44 AM
Why would we trade O'Keefe or Schneider? When in form (and not injured) Scneids adds a lot to our team PACE particularly which we lack!

O'Keefe is a potential gem! Unless he has indicated he wants to go back home to Melbourne.

CureTheSane
6th October 2004, 11:47 AM
O'Keefe is one of my favorites.

He has the best hands in our team IMO.

Great kick and played brilliantly this year.

ScottH
6th October 2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
O'Keefe is one of my favorites.

He has the best hands in our team IMO.

Great kick and played brilliantly this year. I agree I would hate to lose O'Keefe, or schneider. Schneider Esp, he is an excitement machine when in form!! And he certainly got us excited in the last Qtr against Ess. b4 his hammy went!!

BAM_BAM
6th October 2004, 01:50 PM
THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Snowy
6th October 2004, 02:22 PM
McLaren could actually be a dud, not keen. O'Keefe is good but was very disppointing in the finals if you ask me.

Bas
6th October 2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Foreign Legion
...the cards are falling our way to get Ottens in the PSD!

The only club before us that would be keen/have the money in their cap would be Collingwood I reckon.

exactly which means Ottens would become a pie. Why else are they sitting on their hands at the moment and not doing anything about handing over their 7th pick. They get 7th pick in the draft and Ottens in the PSD.

I hope in the end he does go in the PSD, it would serve Richmond right for being so bloody greedy.

stellation
6th October 2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM

If it all goes through and if it makes you feel better I will colour my hair lighter and try to bulk up for next year to fill the gap. I know it won't stop the pain, but it might go a little way to helping out. No promises on being able to kick well with my left foot though.

Charlie
6th October 2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM

Amen!

Bloody ridiculous that there's still almost 48 hours to go in this meat market.

Should be done and dusted in two days.

SWANSBEST
6th October 2004, 04:34 PM
So far the names of Davis, Doyle, Schneider, Thewlis, ROK, Powell, C Bolton, Kirk, Kennelly,Fosdike, Saddington, Dempster and maybe others have been mentioned as being used as part of the trading process. The players mentioned as possibly coming to the Swans are Ottens, O'Bree, Jolly, Bruce, Crawford, Simmonds, Whitnall , McLaren , Gilbee, Johnstone and possibly some that I have missed.

At this stage we do not appear tp be much hope of gaining a gun mid fielder or a quality ruckman or even a KP backman. The only thing that may have happened is to cause a lot of anxiety to the players who have been touted as being trade bait.

Apart from Crawford -when fit - the other likely potential trades do not seem any better than our current players whose names have been suggested as trades. We seem to going around in circles with no end in sight. Have we lost the plot?

motorace_182
6th October 2004, 05:13 PM
I for one would like to hear from BonBon....

peterh_oz
6th October 2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by motorace_182
I for one would like to hear from BonBon....

Fortunately (or unfortunately) she's on the Gold Coast with family and therefore has NO internet connection and probably hasn't heard the news! Probably a good thing for her sake lol

peterh_oz
6th October 2004, 05:30 PM
I reckon ALL the "whispers" are guesses. I'm sure that any player who is on the "can't be touched" list would have been spoken to by Roosy, or at least after these whispers come out he'd ring them and tell them its crap. I'd hope so anyway!

BAM_BAM
6th October 2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by stellation
If it all goes through and if it makes you feel better I will colour my hair lighter and try to bulk up for next year to fill the gap. I know it won't stop the pain, but it might go a little way to helping out. No promises on being able to kick well with my left foot though.

and Stella that's why I love you :D

Destructive
6th October 2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
I wouldn't want to lose either O'Keefe or Schneider.

Me neither!