PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God!!!!!! (Roos v Lions spoiler)

motorace_182
12th April 2003, 10:54 PM
I just saw the live update from afl.com and did the Kangas manage a tie??? Holy $hi+. What happend? Definitely watching that replay on fox. Woud have been a killer last quater, something Peter Scwabb needs to make sure to steer clear of. Can the Swans pull of a victory like that?

NMWBloods
12th April 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by motorace_182
I just saw the live update from afl.com and did the Kangas manage a tie??? Holy $hi+. What happend? Definitely watching that replay on fox. Woud have been a killer last quater, something Peter Scwabb needs to make sure to steer clear of. Can the Swans pull of a victory like that?

Still playing - Brisbane 1 point in front - 25 min mark last qtr.

Now 'Roos by 1 pt - 29 min.

Hmmm... it was a draw - is my AFL updating that far behind or are you a seer?

desredandwhite
12th April 2003, 11:15 PM
Would certainly be an interesting viewing on the replay!!

BTW guys, this is more a general AFL topic, and could we please steer clear of spoilers unless you make it clear in the topic heading - some people might have wanted to watch replays without knowing the score (I know the topic of this one didn't actually have a spoiler in it, but it wasn't obvious till you got into it).

No biggie, just a general courtesy thing :)

Jimmy C
12th April 2003, 11:34 PM
This match made for some sensational viewing. It looked like the Roos had some soft free kicks in their favour, and Leigh Matthews may argue the case for the 3rd umpire. But, to take nothing away from the Roos, it was a corker of a game and they really took it up to Brisbane.

desredandwhite
12th April 2003, 11:50 PM
yep, what I really want to find out from the replay is who escaped with the draw :) I tipped brisbane, but thought north would still be in it with a chance, they have a lot of guts.

Norris Lurker
12th April 2003, 11:50 PM
The TV replay in Sydney's only just started.
Was the kick before or after the siren?

Jimmy C
12th April 2003, 11:59 PM
The kick was dead on the siren.

Charlie
13th April 2003, 12:09 AM
I had the absolute pleasure of being at this match. Was sitting in absolutely fantastic seats on level 3, about the third row, on the River side wing.... great view of the entire field.

BRILLIANT!!! It was the best result, as quite simply, neither side deserved to lose. A draw was the only fair way for it to end, which my dad and I decided at the start of the last quarter... well, we got what we wanted!

Congratulations to both sides, an excellent performance all round.

Oh, and watch out for the Kangas.... they are The Real Deal this year.

motorace_182
13th April 2003, 12:43 AM
Was the kick before or after the siren?

The kick was in general play about 1/2 a second before the siren, absolutely awesome game by the looks of the highlight reel on Fox Sports, the replay is only early on so far

Charlie
13th April 2003, 12:59 AM
Watch out for the best goal of the 21st century from David King.

Anyone would think he was playing for Man U... he SOCCERED a goal through.... from the CENTRE SQUARE, then got another soccer through in the third from a tough angle!!!

robbieando
13th April 2003, 01:50 AM
Great match, how footy should be played. Unlike last years draw between us and St Kilda, if I was a fan of either club I would be happy with the result and proud of my team.

Great goal from David King, I'm I the only one who rates this guy highly and wishes he was in the Red and White and what can you say about Voss, his timing was perfect, if he had lined them up it would of been too late.

desredandwhite
13th April 2003, 02:28 AM
half a second?? wow, from what I saw, the kick was dead on the siren!! great game.

Charlie
13th April 2003, 02:43 AM
The ball had DEFINITELY left the boot before the siren... was probably about a half-second, yeah. But the ball WAS in the air when the siren went.

penga
13th April 2003, 03:39 AM
i rated the roos this weekend and almost put down a draw for my tipping, im spewin i didnt now!

Cheer Cheer
13th April 2003, 04:07 AM
Game of the year so far sums it up quite easily - if you havent seen it, watch it, its a great game obviously, i was lucky to see the whole thing, woooo, what a beauty!
Kangaroos earned real respect from the football world tonight

motorace_182
13th April 2003, 10:37 AM
Watch out for the best goal of the 21st century from David King.

Absolutely massive. Way better than Brad Johnsons attempt at the same groud, same end last year.

NMWBloods
13th April 2003, 12:05 PM
How disgraceful was that deliberate out-of-bounds call against one of the Scotts at a critical time in the last quarter?!?!

motorace_182
13th April 2003, 12:08 PM
The Scott decision was rather tight, given a kanga had belted one out from the fringe of the centre square with no intentions bar the safety of the boundary. Brad/Chris Scott had reason to be blowing up about that decision. Dam good game of footy

robbieando
13th April 2003, 04:01 PM
Remember even if Voss kicked the ball a split second after the siren, it would still count until the umpire raised his hand to call full time.

Remember the siren is a guide for the umpire so when the umpire calls full time by raising his hands its over not when the siren sounds. You play to the umpire not the siren

j s
13th April 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
Game of the year so far sums it up quite easily - if you havent seen it, watch it, its a great game obviously, i was lucky to see the whole thing, woooo, what a beauty!
I totally agree.!

I was going to watch about 15 mins then go to bed but I didn't make it till after 2:30. A totally rivetting game.