PDA

View Full Version : Schneider In Good Shape

ihamilto
21st December 2004, 03:40 PM
Well I trotted on down to the Marketplace in Waggas CBD on Sunday to see if I could catch a few words with the lads, Schneider Bevan and Powell as I suspected plenty of kids and teenage girls on hand so I sat back and whatched proceedings.

The first thing that struck me was how fit Adam looked he looks in good shape, he did say that the legs are fine no soreness at all and the preseason is going well so far he is aiming to play more in the midfield next season. Paul Bevan appears to have muscled up a bit he is actually taller than I thought, they were all friendly and handled the crowd well.

Mark Powell told me he is ready for a big year but alas he is still very lightly framed I had expected him to have beefed up a bit but he did not appear to have changed much, possibly he is just one of those players that no matter how hard they try can not beef up much eg Jason Saddington.

Finally I had a chat with Tony Morwood what a nice guy he is,
he said the melbourne operation was coming along nicely he said it was a great honour to be chosen in the team of the century, and might I say he deserved his place his overhead marking was up there with the best of them.
Well thats about it hope you find the post worthwhile.
cheers Ian:)

footyhead
21st December 2004, 04:03 PM
he may as well get on the juice, cos he won't make it as a defender without a bigger body , that's 4 sure

ihamilto
21st December 2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by footyhead
he may as well get on the juice, cos he won't make it as a defender without a bigger body , that's 4 sure
True yet I guess he does still have around 3 months before the season starts to improve things.
cheers Ian:)

dread and might
22nd December 2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ihamilto
The first thing that struck me was how fit Adam looked he looks in good shape, he did say that the legs are fine no soreness at all and the preseason is going well

Thanks for the info. not trying to be a negative voice, but AS is probably not going to say "actually the legs feel kind of c#@p and i'm not as fit as i could be"

I hope it is all good though.

TheHood
22nd December 2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
Thanks for the info. not trying to be a negative voice, but AS is probably not going to say "actually the legs feel kind of c#@p and i'm not as fit as i could be"

You failed on the negative voice thing.

Besides, apparently he has been training the house down according to time trials etc so far this pre-season.

pillowtalk
22nd December 2004, 11:25 AM

Actually I saw him 2 weeks ago and it is true, he is looking really good. He said he had been training hard and is fit. They are not back to training until the 4th of Jan, hope they can stay away from all the good food / drink at christmas and new years !

dread and might
22nd December 2004, 11:48 AM
hey i'm a fan and all. I haven't seen him or heard anything, so i don't doubt the people who have......does anyone see my point at all though?

You are not going to get a professional sportsperson talking about how terrible they feel or how; " we are really going to give 65% on the track this week 'cause we had a massive bender on the weekend" well maybe Aker would say something like that..

LittleSchneider
22nd December 2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
You failed on the negative voice thing.

Besides, apparently he has been training the house down according to time trials etc so far this pre-season.

where are you getting the time trial times from? is there a list of every player somewhere?

im a massive fan and im not surprised that he is fit and firing. he is a really strong-headed player and has a lot of determination. this year has been frustrating for him hence he is preparing himself to have a huge 2005. opposition beware

NMWBloods
22nd December 2004, 12:51 PM
hey i'm a fan and all. I haven't seen him or heard anything, so i don't doubt the people who have......does anyone see my point at all though?

You are not going to get a professional sportsperson talking about how terrible they feel or how; " we are really going to give 65% on the track this week 'cause we had a massive bender on the weekend" well maybe Aker would say something like that..

Yep - I can see completely what you are saying. That's why I take everything said by any club with a grain of salt (I actually disregard over half of what they say as completely useless).

pillowtalk
22nd December 2004, 01:22 PM

I can see your point. I guess there's a general answer the players have when talking to the media or public. If they want to portray that they're fighting fit, even if not 100%, then of course they will come out and state that they're raring to go. If they're out injured and doubtful of the extent then they could say they are on the mend just to ease minds. It depends how well you know them as to what they say. Plus it's competition for starting spots these days so they are going to be positive. I know a player that had a sore foot last year, only to tell the team doctor that everything was fine just so he wouldn't lose his place. Silly,yes, but he was desperate to stay in.

I was just saying that it is true about Adam :)

Chubby Muffler
22nd December 2004, 06:23 PM
I hope Schneider is fighting fit for Game 1, it was a huge disapointment this year not watching him carve it up. They have been replaying 2003 matches on Foxtel, the kick, the speed, the freakish skill...sigh.

LittleSchneider
22nd December 2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Chubby Muffler
I hope Schneider is fighting fit for Game 1, it was a huge disapointment this year not watching him carve it up. They have been replaying 2003 matches on Foxtel, the kick, the speed, the freakish skill...sigh.

I know. We certainly missed that this year. I have the Swans 2003 Season on DVD and it was like "The Adam Schneider Show"...roll on 2005 i cant wait

*how many days till the season starts?*

wedge.maverick
22nd December 2004, 08:02 PM
Schneiderman might be able to attribute his new found fitness to his cricket playing at Osborne. During his R&R back home he made a heap of runs and took a lot of wickets.Great to see him not forgetting his roots.

Schneiderman
23rd December 2004, 12:43 AM
Well I had to post... if just to get my nick in here.

Good to here the lad is coming on strong again. I agree that the games they have been replaying from last year and early this year have been reminding me of just what a star he is!!

He is the extra spark we missed this year... one of the reasons we have been called "boring" IMO.

footyhead
23rd December 2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
Well I had to post... if just to get my nick in here.

Good to here the lad is coming on strong again. I agree that the games they have been replaying from last year and early this year have been reminding me of just what a star he is!!

He is the extra spark we missed this year... one of the reasons we have been called "boring" IMO.

That is a very very interesting idea.
Perhapes if Sneids were back at his best, along with Goodes back to playing with flare, and perahpes one or two knew excitment machines comming on, this team could have it all, defense (to the degree of boardom) and attack to the degree of giving us a shot at the flag 9here's hoping anyway.

Chubby Muffler
23rd December 2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by footyhead
Perhapes if Sneids were back at his best, along with Goodes back to playing with flare, and perahpes one or two knew excitment machines comming on, this team could have it all, defense (to the degree of boardom) and attack to the degree of giving us a shot at the flag 9here's hoping anyway.

That's the spirit!