PDA

View Full Version : Dubbo FC Pre season Tournament

Pekay
7th January 2005, 09:12 AM
now is the time for clubs to sort out trials(forget the cricket Shearer!)for the up coming pre season.some have traditional trials against club affiliates(my club is playing ADFA) some play above their level of footy,some below.but what if you could earn your club some much needed coin,and play against some of the best teams this state has to offer?the Dubbo Demons FC (Central West AFL) are running their Annual Pre Season Comp on the 2-3 April at South Dubbo Oval.info can be found at www.dubbodemons.com or www.aflcanberra.com.au an Under 18 comp will be run if interest is high enough.prize money currently stands at $10000 to split up between winners,a massive comp last year saw teams from Sydney(SWS,Penno) all Central West teams,a handful of Riverina's finest and an Aboriginal All-Stars squad play some fantastic footy.with some games played under lights,the grand final saw Pennant Hills take on the newly formed Bathurst Bushrangers with the locals taking the spoils.with the Sydney AFL draws now released, hopefully some Sydney clubs will take the challenge and bring this prestigious title home to the big smoke.

Rowdy#8
7th January 2005, 12:37 PM
Are the Jets heading out there this year Pekay ?

Pekay
7th January 2005, 01:46 PM
can neither conform nor deny Rowdy,the intention of myself and Pres is to go,you can only improve playing the better sides i guess. Jets have a few things to sort out first,the hardest thing about trials out Blacktown/Richmond way is ground availability. last yr we played NSW Firies and Camden at Kelso Oval Milperra ,a beautiful ground no doubt,but very far away from base.ADFA are hopefully coming up here for return leg( smacked our asses at Duntroon last yr) so maybe get that one on RAAF base if all goes well.if not playing in Dubbo,ill certainly be IN THE OUTER fighting beer gorillas with the boys,because this will be some of the best footy youll see in this state.will you and club be attending?who you play for?

Northern_Swan
7th January 2005, 02:17 PM
So your not keen to take us on pekay??
Running Scared already mate?

By the way is the first division & Under 18 draw out yet for sydney '05?? if so can somebody post a link??

Pekay
7th January 2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Northern_Swan
So your not keen to take us on pekay??
Running Scared already mate?

By the way is the first division & Under 18 draw out yet for sydney '05?? if so can somebody post a link?? of course im keen,i have a mahogany and gold effigy burning in my yard as we speak!!na Swan,i only do the groundwork for trials, then put it to the powers that be.we as a club have been keen to et involved with Dubbos carnival,but timing last yr was no good. once i get in the coaches ear,it will read like this-"those Black Diamond premiers couldnt hold a candle to the awesome power of....."and so on and so forth.haha.it would be a pleasure to grace the fields of Maneela this summer/autumn.and about 95-96% of the club wants to play on P.Austin!!!!

woody69
7th January 2005, 08:55 PM
G'day Boys and Peekay,

Well you know the saying if you cannot beat them then join them, si I have done just that. Woody from the Dubbo Demons AFC, I thought I put in a few words on this years carnival. Bigger, Better, great football, top weekend away. Not only am I the carnival co-ordinator but I have been sending invitations out everywhere. You guys from the Black Diamond League I have sent a few your way as well, would like to get a side or two down from your way.

As My old mate Peekay has said in 2005 we will be playing for $11000.00 in prize money, (2) divisions with an Under 17 carnival as well playing for $1000.00. 2-3rd April in Dubbo currently we can get accommodation at around $12.00 per head per night. we have had alot of interest from may sides including Penno, SWS, Ainslie Roos (ACT), Wagga Tigers, Lake Cargelligo, Lavington, the Fitzroy Reds from Melbourne to name a few. But until we have nomination cheques nothing is for sure. If you want to check out other details check our web site www.dubbodemons.com.

Hopefully we might see a few of you guys there having a shot at the title, making a few extra mates.

Regards Woody

Northern_Swan
9th January 2005, 08:04 PM
We were gonna head down woody, however the powers that be have us starting the Black Diamond Season that weekend so there won't be any BDAFL representation there.
It sounds like a top weekend though, we'll be lobbying to have our start put back next year sop we can have a kick there.

woody69
9th January 2005, 11:18 PM
Thats too bad for 2005 but good news for 2006, as a rule the carnival is on the last weekend in March each year but Easter put us out for this year. The more teams the better I say, you can only get better by playing stronger sides. At the end of the day we are about promoting AFL in the Central West having teams travel and participate, making new mates and after the game enjoying a few cold ones.

The under 17's footy carnival is in it's first year I think we will have about 10 sides playing in that alone I envisage that in the senior carnival we will probaly have around 16-20 sides (10) sides per division. It was good to see our own bathurst Bushrangers defeat Penno in the Grand Final by (1) point. I am sure the Sydney boys will be out for some pay back this year, they also proved a big hit with the Dubbo girls back at the Amaroo Hotel as well. (I think the girls are waiting their return and other sides this year).

In division (1) if the Melbourne side the Fitzroy Stars travel they will be hard to topple, I really think div 1 will be really strong with a few Sydney sides mixed in with Canberra sides, Northern Riverina and who ever else comes along.

Any way catch you later.

Pekay
10th January 2005, 10:42 AM
this is shaping as a red hot weekend of footy Woody,am pumped right up.one thing though-Jets must be in Div2(although my brother and i are keen to play on Dubbos own Uncle Bert!)as we wont be much good to play with all that fine country hospitality on offer. to all other clubs,and just those who love footy,this is possibly one of the best pre season comps in the state,if not the whole island,so get up there and put some money in Dubbos economy (and the Amaroo)but more importantly,to meet some of the other hard workers from clubs in our great state,make new mates, chasing lasses,etc.and think about it,WHAT A FOOTY TRIP!

woody69
10th January 2005, 12:01 PM
Div 2 sounds fine so those Jets flying and get out this way, uncle Berta will be waiting as Dubbo will probaly have (2) sides in carnival so you and the browill get to play against yound Berta. Soon as you guys know for sure let us know as I can get accommdation at around $12.00 per head per night, in Cabins 6-8 per cabin, we will supply breakfast to those clubs staying in the Cabin. THe boys from Mudgee got to Dubbo on the Friday went out all night and still made it to their first game at 8.30am. THe Black Swans, Marty and the boys are also a top bunch of lads. Bring it on!!.

Pekay
10th January 2005, 01:42 PM
now all you footballers should take note of the sterling effort put forward by the Mudgee boys,takes a lot of ticker to do that-i think the Jets may have some rowdy competition!!!if you have a mate at a club far away(but not too far)let him or his club know about this comp.we are the Rugby state(so some think)so lets band together and make this tournament one where interstate teams come to play some good hard footy.get behind it NSW

woody69
10th January 2005, 02:56 PM
Bampo and the boys from South West Sydney last year owned the top stairs niht club at the Amaroo Hotel after the grand final, we had Penno in the ground level bar , Dubbo and Bathurst and Temora in the Demons Den and SWS in the night club. Talk about AFL in the place.

THis year we also have a deal in regards to the Finals function in the club house watching akll the finals aunder light's. In case teams do not make it into the various finals, $25.00 per head will get you drinks and nibblies whilst watching quality AFL under lights at Victoria Park. This s generally from around 5.00pm to 10.00pm. Then back to the Amaroo to further indulge.

Big Jeremy from the Amaroo is putting on a great band down stairs up stairs is the night club, or in the Demons Den it's footballers talking football and doing what they do!!.
"its is always 10.00am somewhere in the world to enjoy a beer"