PDA

View Full Version : Horse Around with the Swans!

Troy G
21st January 2003, 04:17 PM
The QBE Sydney Swans and the Sydney Turf Club have combined to paint Rosehill Garden's 'red and white' for the big race day on February 1st, 2003.

As the Sydney Swans continue their push into the west, three big games will be played at Telstra Stadium starting with the season opener on March 29 against Carlton.

The Sydney Turf Club and the Sydney Swans have seized upon the opportunity to promote Sydney's favourite team in the western suburbs and February one is the first combined venture by the two organisations.

All members and sponsors of the Sydney Swans will be admitted free to Rosehill on the day and as part of the days activities, Swans players will be on hand to sign autographs and will kick AFL balls into the crowd while a clinic will be held by the Swans in conjunction with the NSW/ACT AFL.

Troy G
21st January 2003, 04:58 PM
What is it about footballers and the punt!
Not a good thing to get the young players into with a lot of money and time on their hands! More than once I've done interviews over the phone with players outside the TAB or at the track!

bricon
21st January 2003, 06:05 PM
Graeme Pash (the Swans deputy chairman) is a board member (and former chairman) of the Sydney Turf Club, which operates the Rosehill racecourse. I?d say that Mr Pash has been influential in pushing the idea of a STC/Swans joint promotion; a win/win for both parties ? a great example of a director working in the interests of <b>both</b> of his constituencies.

bricon
21st January 2003, 06:14 PM
Troy:

It?s not only footballers (of all codes) that enjoy a punt, it seems to be a ?sportsman thing?. I know plenty of pro cricketers, golfers and tennis players who are regular punters ? it?s even the nickname of the Australian one-day cricket captain!

From my experience these people are nearly always <b>really</b> bad punters, ie they almost always never collect!

Norris Lurker
21st January 2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by bricon
From my experience these people are nearly always <i>really</i> bad punters, ie they almost always never collect! They only collect from bookies when they give weather and pitch information.:p :p

22nd January 2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Troy G

Why on earth do you think they call it a "drop punt"?:rolleyes:

/slap me if u can.

Destructive
22nd January 2003, 10:47 PM
Horse racing bores the living **** out of me. Sorry but thats what I think......

shearer
23rd January 2003, 11:44 AM
Its not only footballers and sportsman who punt.

We are a nation of punters. TAB's turnover billions a year.

The racing industry is the 3rd biggest employer in the nation, so its certainly not just confined to sportsman who have a bet.

What players spend there money on is totally up to them, do u think its wrong if they put there money in the stockmarket???thats just as bigger gamble.