PDA

View Full Version : will the official site be a force to be reckoned with?

vagary
21st January 2003, 09:50 PM
http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=71416
stumbled across this when looking at the official swans site. all i can say is that i think it is way overdue. what about you guys?

Destructive
21st January 2003, 10:27 PM
May pose a bit of a threat, but anything they come up with young Desmond can do better.

jude_boltons_babe
21st January 2003, 10:30 PM
i cant wait till the new site

liz
21st January 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Destructive
May pose a bit of a threat, but anything they come up with young Desmond can do better.

It should actually complement this site, rather than compete with it. It seems to be offering more inside information, something which we don't pretend to do here. Match reviews on senior games are already plentiful but those written by regulars here supplement them, and come from another angle. No reason why that shouldn't be the same if we manage to get more reserves match reports on here too.

This site remains the place for us to share our opinions and our own takes on events, whether through the message board or via the team of staff writers.

desredandwhite
21st January 2003, 11:09 PM
About bloody time the club got some of its own people working on the official site.

As Liz mentioned, it won't be competition to RWO at all. They offer things that we can't, and vice versa. Get your official news there, get your 2nd opinions and chat about it here.

robbieando
21st January 2003, 11:37 PM
This site is by the fans for the fans and that is something the official site will never be able to offer.

jude_boltons_babe
21st January 2003, 11:43 PM
the other site will be good but nothing could match up to this site well done des

Diego
22nd January 2003, 01:23 AM
YAY!

about time.

:)

jude_boltons_babe
22nd January 2003, 12:17 PM
i cant wait the new site will be great

Mike_B
22nd January 2003, 12:49 PM
It SOUNDS like an improvement, but I'm not going to hold my breath. It's not like it was 2 years ago where it was an independent site and they could do pretty much what they wanted. Now its part of the Telstra AFL network, they would have more red tape to work through.

If it does improve, great, but at the same time, if it's still ordinary like it was in 2002, I'm not fussed either. I don't really use it for too much info (can get pretty much everything there through newspaper sites), and of course here on RWO we can voice our opinions, and read what other swans fans think too....

NMWBloods
22nd January 2003, 01:08 PM
Following on from Mr. Juicy's suggestion, I want to say I think this site is great and so is the official site and so is this site!! :D

22nd January 2003, 02:40 PM
LOL. Yeah this site is great, the other site is yet to be great but I'm sure it will be great. Any other sites are great too. Des is the Best. Go Swans!

/edit: damn! only up to 20 :mad: ;)

Troy G
22nd January 2003, 06:23 PM
Guys Guys Guys...don't get too carried away!
The New Improved Swans site will only be coming up to speed with what the other AFL clubs now offer (not much). So Tadgh will do a column (wow) just like Josh Fraser, Brad Johnson, Andrew McLeod etc.

Their site will still have to toe the club line and the AFL line! This will still be the site for the fans, this will be the site that focuses on the Canberra comp overall and not just the Swans, this will be the site talking about the Sydney Football League and this will be the site where you can say the price of membership is too high and food at the SCG is a bloody rip off and you wouldn't give it to a dog anyway (love to see Tadgh write that!) and this will be the site where you can argue a case or question the Swans or the AFL or the NSWAFL! This is where the fans write the stories!

And it's about to get better!

Troy G
22nd January 2003, 06:24 PM
PS. And you'll still have to pay for access!

Cheer Cheer
22nd January 2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
This site is by the fans for the fans and that is something the official site will never be able to offer.

Very true, the new site will be interesting to have a look at, but I dont think des has anything to worry about

Bron
22nd January 2003, 08:49 PM
When we were at the Club yesterday for the TLM preso, they seemed pretty upbeat about the new site, but it's still not ideal. I tried the idea of mutual links .... but apparently the Telstra deal is such that the Club has to pay for any links to other sites - including Ticketek. Telstra is doing their best to recoup their expenditure. What was their profit again? They're as bad as the banks. Bank, yes a 4 letter word.

NMWBloods
22nd January 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Troy G
PS. And you'll still have to pay for access!

Does anyone actually do that? :confused:

Grant
23rd January 2003, 07:53 AM
No,i have never heard of that.You don't have to pay to use the official site.Its the afl website that you have to pay for to get some content,not club ones.

desredandwhite
23rd January 2003, 09:04 AM
They ARE linked though, and if you want to get swans videos etc, you'll have to pay.

Ajn
25th January 2003, 12:06 PM
I stumbled across it a while ago too, but remain sceptical as to how much improved it will be and especially how up to date it will be

bridgey
26th January 2003, 08:32 PM
i remember 2 yrs back...
that when the offical swans site was by it's self it had a thing called swans netclub where u could access swans videos 4 free!!
but then again that was 2 yrs back, so i dunno!!
but hey my opinion is: this is the best !!!
and don't think the offical could match this!!

well done des!!:p :)

jude_boltons_babe
26th January 2003, 08:41 PM
i love this one but i wonder why they dont have it anymore

bridgey
26th January 2003, 08:46 PM
probably cos it's now runs wif telstra:(

jude_boltons_babe
26th January 2003, 08:50 PM
i know that i like telstra they are pretty good you smart arse

bridgey
26th January 2003, 08:55 PM
soz,
i didn't mean 2 be like that!!!
i just liked it when it was run by it's self cos it had alot more things eg: swans netclub etc:)

jude_boltons_babe
26th January 2003, 09:02 PM
i loved netclub buts its gone so we move on to better sites

28th January 2003, 03:48 PM
Does anyone else roll their eyes when they read posts like this? :rolleyes:

TheMase
28th January 2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i loved netclub buts its gone so we move on to better sites
netclub was great

jude_boltons_babe
28th January 2003, 08:27 PM
i really liked the net club it was great

TheMase
29th January 2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i really liked the net club it was great

Sarcasm isn't one of your strong points is it?