PDA

View Full Version : Saddington

Eats
22nd January 2003, 08:53 AM
Was having a beer done at the Manhatten Hotel in Melbourne on Saturday in Saddo town and ran in to Jason who has built up like Wayne Carey. Told me he has done alot of work in the gym and boy he looks really good for it. Watch out for him this year.

My tip for the Captaincy is Maxfield.

NMWBloods
22nd January 2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Eats
Was having a beer done at the Manhatten Hotel in Melbourne on Saturday in Saddo town and ran in to Jason who has built up like Wayne Carey. Told me he has done alot of work in the gym and boy he looks really good for it. Watch out for him this year.

Excellent - this has been the main thing missing for him. I look forward to seeing him in action.

jude_boltons_babe
22nd January 2003, 12:04 PM
jason has bulked up heaps hes looking great and he said he wants to have a great year this year go jason

Ganjaman
22nd January 2003, 01:41 PM
Thats great news, Saddo is a top player, hope he stays fit all year. He was always improving last year, so he should step up even more this year and make it a big one.

Go Saddo

22nd January 2003, 02:35 PM
I've always felt he was a bit too lean. Glad to see he recognised that too and did something about it. Good onya Saddo, good luck with season 2003!

robbieando
22nd January 2003, 07:56 PM
Simular reports of Saddo bulking up were into todays Herald Hun. If its to the level I have heard then maybe he will be at CHB this season full time which goes along way to solving our weakness in the K/P defenders, plus it would mean the pressure on LRT to improve greatly to fill such a spot won't be as great as it was.

Cheer Cheer
22nd January 2003, 08:27 PM
Great news
This was the missing link in his game, just hope the weight doesnt slow him down too much because he was in the top 3 quickest at the club
If his pace doesnt fall too much I expect him too become one of the premier backmen in the league.
He has been a highly sought out player by other top clubs so it is not just me blowing him up.
Has to become one of the premier backmen in the comp this year or I will see him as going backwards imo.

Dpw
22nd January 2003, 08:32 PM
Great news, He is one of my fav's(God knows we need a CHB).

Destructive
22nd January 2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Juicy
I've always felt he was a bit too lean. Glad to see he recognised that too and did something about it. Good onya Saddo, good luck with season 2003!

I echo these sentiments 110%, should add a lot to his performance.

JIM4
22nd January 2003, 10:37 PM
Should'nt Saddo be in Sydney training with his team??

jude_boltons_babe
23rd January 2003, 12:09 AM
one thing jason was at training o0n the 21 of jauary i was talking to him for a while

shearer
23rd January 2003, 11:47 AM
As big as Carey...i will believe it when i see it.

Its one thing to big its wether he has any strength that will be the key..I just pray that he hits the packs harder than he has over the years and doesnt get pushed so easily off the ball.

TheHood
23rd January 2003, 12:28 PM
Saddo is a great overhead pack mark and a reliable performer, always has been.

I think he has always improved and always takes on some of the really tough assignments.

If he has bulked up, then it just goes to show how dedicated he is.

I have had a few conversations with him and he is a terrific person to boot. Mature beyond his years and a humble nature most AFL players lack.

He has that great perspective on life that career backmen have, people like Mick Martin, Andy McKay, SOS, Dunks - all those blokes never let their ambition exceed their ability but always tried to improve their ability.

Saddo to have a stella 2003!

Ajn
25th January 2003, 11:55 AM
Suddenly filled with HOPE!

jude_boltons_babe
28th January 2003, 11:22 PM
i can see it now jason will have one of his best years for the swans

omnipotent
29th January 2003, 07:24 AM
While I think that Saddington needed to bulk up to hold his own against big forwards I fear he might lose further pace. I see him as pretty slow actually and I think he's more suited to a flank anyway. Does anybody else agree with this assessment? I also would like to see his kicking skills improve, he seems to mainly handball because I think generally he is an ordinary kick.

desredandwhite
29th January 2003, 09:43 AM
Actually I reckon Saddo is pretty quick. He only LOOKS slow because he's got that long-limbed, loping thing going. Also IMHO his skills are pretty good, but can look a bit lazy in execution, a la Dale Lewis. I don't mind him up forward as I think he's a decent shot at goal too. IMO his biggest problem is a tendency to simply go missing if he's out of form.

This year will be make or break for him in the halfback line - in the absence of dunkley, he'll definitely be needed to strengthen the defence.

Donners
29th January 2003, 10:24 AM
Good to hear. I remember when he first came to the club he was used mainly as a winger, and then suddenly he was thrown into a key defensive role without a chance to really bulk up. Still, he's done well in the last few years despite this, and he should really step up again in 2003.

Cheer Cheer
29th January 2003, 03:01 PM
Omni - saddo is quick and his skills are good.
Des sumed him up best

Ajn
29th January 2003, 07:11 PM
I'd be happy if he became a Dustin Fletcher rather than a HULK sized Carey. Long, gangly and hard to get a kick against! However some bulk was definitely required.

swansrule100
20th June 2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Eats

My tip for the Captaincy is Maxfield.

good tipping

thommoone
20th June 2004, 03:12 PM
lol, someones bored

swansrule100
20th June 2004, 03:18 PM
this forum isnt always rocking at 3 am :P

ItsAllGoodes
20th June 2004, 03:56 PM
Looking back at these earlier posts I wonder if Saddo was bulking up like Jim Carrey...not Wayne

The Boot
20th June 2004, 04:06 PM
Err .. yeah I had to get out the feather duster first before I read this.
:eek: