PDA

View Full Version : lions v's woods

bloodhound
17th April 2003, 11:41 PM
Yes they beat em !!
And isn't it interesting to see that the lions are not afraid to play the the youngsters (re : Jared Brennan). Take note swans.

robbieando
17th April 2003, 11:47 PM
That kid sure has some talent. Haha suck it Eddie, I say Brisbane were about $700,000 better tonight;)

bloodhound
18th April 2003, 12:13 AM
I love Leigh Mathews. He's genetically modefied a team of footballers with with his own DNA imprints and created a team of Lethals. Talk abou frankensteins monster. The perfect team, with the skills of Essendon circa 2000, and the hardness of Pagan's Roos. They will take some beating ! I recon they might go 4 on the trot !

Cheer Cheer
18th April 2003, 03:35 AM
You beauty ! Nothing like seeing brisbane beaten ! They were lucky though the lions to be in touch at half time but brisbane's class came through after that kicking 11 of the next 13 goals.
How was Brennan and those one handed ball grasps ala Kouta, I think they have really found a player there.
Suck on that Eddie ! :D
Definately on track to three peat at the moment, cant see them being knocked off top spot for the rest of the year either.

SWANSBEST
18th April 2003, 04:28 PM
Cheer Cheer
I guess you mean nothing like Collingwood being beaten . I hope so!

Charlie
18th April 2003, 05:14 PM
I'd love 'em to go four on the trot... they are about the only non-Swans team in the league that I'm not disgusted at the thought of winning the flag. Besides, wouldn't it hurt Edward to see his beloved record equaled.... by Brisbane!

bloodhound
18th April 2003, 07:42 PM
I think if they win again this year there will be bloodshed. If they win four I recon there might be a split in the leauge. That's how pissed of the Eddies and the bombers seem to me. It is interesting that the two teams the lions have inflicted the most pain on (ie beating them in GF 's) have been the ones making all the noise. Ah yes I love to hear them squeel like the stuck little piggies that they are. Go you good Lions !!

Norris Lurker
18th April 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
That kid sure has some talent. Haha suck it Eddie, I say Brisbane were about $700,000 better tonight;) "Political" banners are a no-no - otherwise you could have "Who wants to be a 700,000aire". ;) :D

bloodhound
18th April 2003, 08:13 PM
why should it be ok to abuse wayne carry ?? God don't you know the afl want to take abusing out of the game ?? well I mean if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander... if they don't want abuse of the umpires, then we better not abuse carey either.

Cheer Cheer
18th April 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by SWANSBEST
Cheer Cheer
I guess you mean nothing like Collingwood being beaten . I hope so!
Yes I did S.B ! Sorry it was an early hour in the morning post :frown

motorace_182
18th April 2003, 10:25 PM
Dam good game. If i only had not seen it this morning instead of live last night, thank you channel 9. I remember looking back on the under 18s carnival last year and seeing Brenan running around for NT in his unusually long sleeves considering it was about 40oC. I turned to be dad and said this kid will be awesome in 3 years time, i hope it will be in red and white. If only

Charlie
18th April 2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by bloodhound
why should it be ok to abuse wayne carry ?? God don't you know the afl want to take abusing out of the game ?? well I mean if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander... if they don't want abuse of the umpires, then we better not abuse carey either.

The point is, all the kids actually WANT to play football.

It's morons like you and your attitude that are killing this game.

bloodhound
19th April 2003, 01:21 AM
I think calling somone a moron is perhapes a little too abusive and intolerant for the current political climate Charlie. It's also interesting that you seem to think that it's ok for you to abuse someone on a web site but not Ok for them to abuse the umpires. MMMMM.... well, I wonder if the word hypocrisy, does anything for you on an emotional level ??

motorace_182
19th April 2003, 10:45 AM
Aren't your methods trying to discourage umpires in the junior and senior ranks of australia? This is a major problem in all sports in Australia. Every year people quit umpiring/refereeing because of constant abuse from "morons" like yourself. To support the abuse and discouragement of others by putting them down and making them feel bad and then claiming that God is on YOUR side is just making a fool out of yourself. IF you are gonna talk crap like that then do not even bother

JF_Bay22_SCG
23rd April 2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
"Political" banners are a no-no - otherwise you could have "Who wants to be a 700,000aire". ;) :D

What was that one Norris, "Shame Sydney Shame, you're a disgrace to the game"

The Essendon Cheer Squad copped a $40000 fine for it. Bastards! (I have met the guy who made it too, arrogant @@@@@!)

JF :mad: