PDA

View Full Version : Missing Lions..

motorace_182
29th March 2005, 01:33 AM
I reckon we are a red hot chance to give the Lions are big showing in round 3. Without Brown, Lynch, Black and Charman (GONE!) (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=192282) Its lookin real good for us to go 3-0 after me get over the Roos (Fingers crossed) this weekend. Cmon Lads!!

ScottH
29th March 2005, 07:40 AM
Lions the team to beat: Roos (http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=192284)

?We know why we win and why we struggle and I think the weekend showed again when we play well as a team, and everyone plays a role, we are a good team,? Roos said.

TheHood
29th March 2005, 08:46 AM
It's a big ask to take on the Champs on their home track at night. We went close last year but failed to close it out.

Not many teams have done that in the last 5 years. Reckon the Dees might have caught them napping once but I can't remember the last team to do it at night.

They aren't the same as 3 years ago and there are signs of ageing but they won't let go easy.

Be interesting to see how they go against Port because they're down some personnel too. I'd like Port to dent their confidence big time. Doubt breeds doubt and that will set it up for us.

My guestimation is that the Lions won't travel well at all this year but they will remain dominant at home.

ScottH
29th March 2005, 08:51 AM
Be interesting too, to see how Baz and ND handle the physical attention of Scott, Michael and Johnson.

liz
29th March 2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TheHood
Be interesting to see how they go against Port because they're down some personnel too. I'd like Port to dent their confidence big time. Doubt breeds doubt and that will set it up for us.

I'd be happier if they were playing Richmond or Hawthorn the week before.

I reckon that playing a "soft team" can make a team temporarily forget the importance of applying pressure to the opposition. I reckon we've been lucky in the past playing the Lions after they've scored some easy wins and it certainly helped us against the Saints last year (first time round).

cruiser
29th March 2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by TheHood
It's a big ask to take on the Champs on their home track at night. We went close last year but failed to close it out.

Not many teams have done that in the last 5 years.
Sydney beat Brisbane at The Gabba in 2003.

ScottH
29th March 2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by cruiser
Sydney beat Brisbane at The Gabba in 2003. @ night????

Mike_B
29th March 2005, 09:48 AM
Nope, was a Sunday afternoon with a bit of rain in the air...

Jeffers1984
29th March 2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Nope, was a Sunday afternoon with a bit of rain in the air...
And what a way to finish that game off with willo kicking a goal on the siren in his 200th game.

dendol
29th March 2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
And what a way to finish that game off with willo kicking a goal on the siren in his 200th game.

I remember that one :) Lets hope for a repeat performance.

But really guys, one game at a time. Talk of 3-0 already? We could so very easily be 1-2!

jenky28
29th March 2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984

Quote me if im wrong but Paul Williams 200th game was against Port Adelaide at the SCG. I was watching that game not long ago and johnny stevens fell over in the goal square to stuff up the final goal.
Does any1 else remember that day??

Mike_B
29th March 2005, 10:32 PM
Well we can now definitely add Charman to the list of players who will be missing for Rd 3. Details here (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Charman-receives-twomatch-suspensions/2005/03/29/1111862390500.html)

Mike_B
29th March 2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by jenky28
Quote me if im wrong but Paul Williams 200th game was against Port Adelaide at the SCG. I was watching that game not long ago and johnny stevens fell over in the goal square to stuff up the final goal.
Does any1 else remember that day??

Yep, you're right. The game Jeffers referred to was actually Willo's 250th.

Jeffers1984
29th March 2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Yep, you're right. The game Jeffers referred to was actually Willo's 250th.
Doh!

Go Swannies
30th March 2005, 07:53 AM
The Hun says Lappin is out for three weeks with a re-injured ankle.

ScottH
30th March 2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
The Hun says Lappin is out for three weeks with a re-injured ankle. Damn shame!!!

swansrule100
30th March 2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Damn shame!!!

well he was in my bloody dream team!!!!!

ScottH
31st March 2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by swansrule100
well he was in my bloody dream team!!!!! Mine too. He limped off, not long after my captain wimped out of the game with a sore shoulder!!

motorace_182
31st March 2005, 09:17 AM
So we're lookin at a Lions team missing Charman, Black, Lappin, Brown, a retired Lynch.. anymore? Their primed for a belting!!

ScottH
31st March 2005, 09:23 AM
The biter may go to if they catch him!

Whitefox
31st March 2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by motorace_182
So we're lookin at a Lions team missing Charman, Black, Lappin, Brown, a retired Lynch.. anymore?

Brennan.

swansrule100
31st March 2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Mine too. He limped off, not long after my captain wimped out of the game with a sore shoulder!!

same!!!

i think some of my defence attacked my captain!