PDA

View Full Version : This weeks Umpires

Old Royboy
1st April 2005, 10:11 AM
One thing that happens when we have a big win is that there is not much talk about the umpires. Some have even commented that they did a good job.

Well, the honeymoon is over.

KANGAROOS VS SYDNEY
#26- Derek Woodcock, #27- Michael Avon, #32- Darren Goldspink

I'm warming up my tonsils already.

ROK Lobster
1st April 2005, 10:13 AM
Now we have something to boo about.

Mike_B
1st April 2005, 10:17 AM
When the 96PF was on FFC the week before last, I did notice one D Goldstink was one of the umpires. What has happened since then???

Lets not get ourselves worked up about the umps yet - save that for when we win big, but should have won by more but they gave away a few goals from frees that weren't there ;)

satchmopugdog
1st April 2005, 10:18 AM
In reference to my anecdote about that supporter from Queenstown on the west coast of Tassie,I think we need to fly her up to Manuka especially to enlighten this week's umpires.

(I don't know how to do a link thingy so the story is in the "your not a supporter if.." thread)

Glenn
1st April 2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
One thing that happens when we have a big win is that there is not much talk about the umpires. Some have even commented that they did a good job.

Well, the honeymoon is over.

KANGAROOS VS SYDNEY
#26- Derek Woodcock, #27- Michael Avon, #32- Darren Goldspink

I'm warming up my tonsils already.

Knew it was to good to last ;)

Red
1st April 2005, 02:02 PM
Goldstink represents at least a 4-goal handicap to Norff straight away. This is the minimum number of soft frees per game that he pay's against Leo -- usually within range of goals.

I do think last Sunday's umps were good. They kept the game flowing which helped us no end -- not to mention free kicks to Bazza! But we do seem a little better at not falling on the ball as much.

giant
1st April 2005, 02:14 PM
Actually, to be fair to the maggots, I thought the umpiring was pretty good in all the games I saw. Tho I believe the Crows were a bit shirty with their treatment.