PDA

View Full Version : The image that tells the story.

Sanecow
3rd April 2005, 12:20 AM
Game summary:
http://tinyurl.com/3vbfj

Things that were fun:
Goodes' shirtfront.

Tactics:
In a boring, grinding defensive game with few shots at goal, you would pick us as winners based on an alleged tendency to kick accurately. So, this seems to be a smart tactic.

Outcome:
Skillful kicking is not to be depended on.

LRT:
More possessions than last week. More clangers. Unfortunately, not as obvious a dud this week due to the lower standard of his teammates.

Maxfield:
What is up with Maxy? Is he carrying an injury?

Fat little traitor:
Still hate him.

ROK Lobster
3rd April 2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow

Things that were fun:
Goodes' shirtfront.

Hall's hip and shoulder on the chaser, when Goodes went for a gallop down the wing, was special too. Don't know who the Roo was but he nearly ended in the crowd.

Mike_B
3rd April 2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Hall's hip and shoulder on the chaser, when Goodes went for a gallop down the wing, was special too. Don't know who the Roo was but he nearly ended in the crowd.

Not sure who it was either, but it was all part of the same passage of play with Goodes' chip and chase....Lote Tuqiri would've been proud!

ROK Lobster
3rd April 2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Not sure who it was either, but it was all part of the same passage of play with Goodes' chip and chase....Lote Tuqiri would've been proud!
That was one poitive that did come out of the game. Again I thought Goodes showed glimpses of good form and creative play. Think that was the last goal for the afternoon though.

dendol
3rd April 2005, 11:00 AM
That was one poitive that did come out of the game. Again I thought Goodes showed glimpses of good form and creative play. Think that was the last goal for the afternoon though.

IIRC, in the corresponding game at Manuka last year, Goodes smothered a kick, ran down the wing and had 5 or so bounces and finished off with a magnificent goal.. I want to see more of this!

Sanecow
3rd April 2005, 12:54 PM
You're right. That run of Goodes was fantastic. But I forgot because of the excessive swearing after the game.

BAM_BAM
3rd April 2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Fat little traitor:
Still hate him.

me too.

Doctor
3rd April 2005, 06:24 PM
me three

swansrule100
3rd April 2005, 09:03 PM

he showed some real flashes which was great, and hopefully a basis for a good year!