PDA

View Full Version : Willo's stitches worth 3 weeks

Mike_B
4th April 2005, 06:56 PM
No surprise that Rawlings was booked on video evidence. If he pleads guilty, he will miss 3 weeks.

Full story here (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=193967)

Mark
4th April 2005, 07:11 PM
I think Goodes was a little lucky with his incident.

IMHO if it was Pickett he would go for a week, it was late and pretty obvious (not saying i agree with it, but game is so sanitised now). I guess his record and good nature counted.

Great to see him use that big body for a change against Rawlings also. The ONLY highlight of the game

Sanecow
4th April 2005, 07:14 PM
Willo made such a scene leaving the ground that the video was always going to be reviewed. Especially since they televised the incident.

gossipcom
4th April 2005, 07:22 PM
The article also says that Willo and Rawlings will be fined for wrestling - ah but Willo keeps his clean record in tact ;)

ScottH
4th April 2005, 07:25 PM
$900 each

Nico
4th April 2005, 08:04 PM
Rawlings - 4 weeks with a discount of 1 week if he pleads guilty.

Swine deserves every bit of it.

swansrule100
4th April 2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Mark

the bump on rawlings?

liz
4th April 2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
the bump on rawlings?

No, the falling into a player prone on the ground, the act that resulted in the 50m penalty against Goodes.

Mike_B
4th April 2005, 08:46 PM
There was nothing more than a 50m penalty in Goodesy's one. It was pretty silly, but nothing that remotely resembled something that should go up on review.

As for Willo's remonstrations with Rawlings when they left the field - there will usually be scrutiny of how a player has ended up with a huge cut over the eye, regardless of their reaction afterwards.

swansrule100
4th April 2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by liz
No, the falling into a player prone on the ground, the act that resulted in the 50m penalty against Goodes.

ohhhhh sorry i remember now thanks liz

BonBon
4th April 2005, 09:24 PM
Does that mean we're without Willo and Magic next week?!

Glenn
4th April 2005, 09:27 PM
MoL is a definite for Round 4, according to a Roos interview tonight, no word on Willow.

liz
4th April 2005, 09:28 PM
Why would we be without Williams next week? It doesn't take 7 days to recover from a bout of stitches.

Glenn
4th April 2005, 09:34 PM
I guess if there was any concussion or anything like that the medical staff were worried about

BonBon
4th April 2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by liz
Why would we be without Williams next week? It doesn't take 7 days to recover from a bout of stitches.
I thought it said 3 weeks.

liz
4th April 2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BonBon

Brady Rawlings has accepted a three week suspension for throwing a punch. Victims are not normally required to serve time alongside the perpetrators.

He may get a small fine for wrestling with Rawlings.

cruiser
4th April 2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Mark

Great to see him use that big body for a change against Rawlings also. The ONLY highlight of the game
Definately one of the few highlights - I just wish I'd seen it.

Its good that there are at least some Sydney players prepared to use such legal aggression. We have to be able to dish out as good as we'll get from teams like Brisbane and the Port scum.

Sanecow
5th April 2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by BonBon

Last week I got a parking ticket. Unfortunately I think this means I have to stop driving.

ScottH
5th April 2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by liz
Why would we be without Williams next week? It doesn't take 7 days to recover from a bout of stitches. Its part of the new tribunal rules, any player found guilty of causing a player to be found guilty will accept the same ban as the guilty player.

NMWBloods
5th April 2005, 10:14 AM
Willo was reported for headbutting Rawlings' fist. Headbutting is a serious offence, so he was given 3 weeks too...

ScottH
5th April 2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Willo was reported for headbutting Rawlings' fist. Headbutting is a serious offence, so he was given 3 weeks too... Had to re read that, I read it as first. I thought "WHAT?"