PDA

View Full Version : Goodes, is he finding 2003 form?

TheHood
11th April 2005, 10:06 AM
It seems Roosy is casually allowing Goodesy to roam the oval, take marks, set up goals across HF and kick goals like he used to. Goodesy is at his best when he is unaccountable.

The set up at Manuka, some great marks, finding the space at the Gabba... I think he just might rip the Crows apart this weekend!

barry
11th April 2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by TheHood
It seems Roosy is casually allowing Goodesy to roam the oval, take marks, set up goals across HF and kick goals like he used to. Goodesy is at his best when he is unaccountable.

The set up at Manuka, some great marks, finding the space at the Gabba... I think he just might rip the Crows apart this weekend!

He could be a great CHF. His contested marking and kicking arent quite up to Carey standard yet though.

The great thing about him in the forward line is it lets us play a tall forward line, because Goodes is nimble enough to do the roving at ground level as well. There arent many defenses who can cover Hall, Goodes, LRT/Jolly at one time.

Sanecow
11th April 2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by barry
There arent many defenses who can cover Hall, Goodes, LRT/Jolly at one time.

That's true but who would worry about covering LRT?

NMWBloods
11th April 2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
That's true but who would worry about covering LRT?
Leigh Matthews I guess, as he had Michael on him at one stage in the last qtr.

cruiser
11th April 2005, 10:54 AM
I just gave Goodes my 3rd vote (as in 3rd best on ground) in the Troy Luff medal for the game against Brisbane. He worked hard all over the ground.

NMWBloods
11th April 2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by cruiser
I just gave Goodes my 3rd vote (as in 3rd best on ground) in the Troy Luff medal for the game against Brisbane. He worked hard all over the ground.
I just struggle to understand that.

stellation
11th April 2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I just struggle to understand that.

Is that because they haven't started publishing the GPS details with the statistics yet? :p

Sanecow
11th April 2005, 11:21 AM
Leigh Matthews I guess, as he had Michael on him at one stage in the last qtr.

Roos outfoxed him there!

NMWBloods
11th April 2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by stellation
Is that because they haven't started publishing the GPS details with the statistics yet? :p
I just wasn't aware we gave votes based on km travelled...

NMWBloods
11th April 2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Roos outfoxed him there!
Yep - that was a good move. With Doyle in the team it probably could have been done earlier.

ScottH
11th April 2005, 11:44 AM
I just wasn't aware we gave votes based on km travelled... Hatley woulda won last year!!

Ajn
11th April 2005, 12:26 PM
Was good to see, as a confidence player, expect to see him star in the next few weeks.

As for the running, it showed we can run teams into the ground with players like Hall and Goodes runnning around like midfielders. Made Brisbane look old and slow, in the second half.
(except for Acker....gritting teeth!)

cruiser
11th April 2005, 12:41 PM
I just wasn't aware we gave votes based on km travelled...
The vote had more to do with working hard. I'll now add 'effectively'. Happy now? :rolleyes:

NMWBloods
11th April 2005, 01:37 PM
No - I still don't think he was close to one of our best players.

ScottH
11th April 2005, 01:41 PM
No - I still don't think he was close to one of our best players. He wasn't the @@@. But he is playing a lot better with two knees, than no knees last year.

Chubby Muffler
11th April 2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
He wasn't the @@@. But he is playing a lot better with two knees, than no knees last year.

This sums it up for me. Goodes had no knees last year and should not have been playing. At the end of the season he was almost running on tip toes - very very ginger. Once the confidance returns and he is happy to stretch out again, I'm sure we'll see more of his 2003 form. Like that run he had at Manuka when he smoked down the boundary line, he looked at awesome then.

dendol
11th April 2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Chubby Muffler
This sums it up for me. Goodes had no knees last year and should not have been playing. At the end of the season he was almost running on tip toes - very very ginger. Once the confidance returns and he is happy to stretch out again, I'm sure we'll see more of his 2003 form. Like that run he had at Manuka when he smoked down the boundary line, he looked at awesome then.

I agree Muff burglar. He is showing signs - albeit slowly and in patches - of his Brownlow winning form.

swansrule100
11th April 2005, 09:05 PM
goodes was pretty good and is gradually getting back there, wasnt worthy of votes though but a solid contributor.

He seems to be on the right path and is backing himself more and more. He is also getting away from CHB