PDA

View Full Version : Changes for next week

Mike_B
17th April 2005, 06:37 PM
With Willo definitely out, and Ball doubtful, I would imagine the following changes:

McVeigh a direct swap for Williams
LRT (if fit) in for Ball, if not I wonder if Schauble will be rushed into the 22.

To be honest, I don't think we will see too many other changes, and I don't think we can take too much out of the cakewalk in the reserves.

ROK Lobster
17th April 2005, 06:39 PM
According to the Maxfield injury thread, Fossie was on crutches after the Magoos match. Can anyone confirm this, provide more info?

stellation
17th April 2005, 06:43 PM
I didn't spot Nic, but Saddington had his boots and socks off if that helps.

ROK Lobster
17th April 2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Saddington had his boots and socks off if that helps.
As long as he is not wearing thongs and stockings he's OK by me.

Margie
17th April 2005, 06:45 PM
Fosdike was on crutches and my husband said his foot was "deep blue". Schauble sat near us and asked when he'd play he replied "maybe next week".

SXP
17th April 2005, 06:54 PM
No matter what chages Roos is going to make, it will all depend on how the Demons will rebound after their havy loss to the Saints today. That is why I think we are a chance to win. But the following week, no chance at all.

liz
17th April 2005, 06:58 PM
Maxfield's H&S at the head of a Crow may catch the attention of the tribunal. It was kind of in play but he didn't need to do it and it's the kind of thing that is being cracked down on.

Some changes surely have to be made next week, and not just to replace Willo and anyone else who has to miss. Putting aside some very ordinary skills today, there was just too little run all around the ground. The Crows routinely had two spare players out on the wing in front of the O'Reilly stand and they managed to switch the play across there all afternoon. Yet they also seemed to have a spare man in defence all day and enough targets up forward.

Using the ball badly is one thing. Just not working hard enough shouldn't be tolerated.

The next two weeks are going to be extremely tough and it's hard to see us winning either. Why not throw at least one of Moore or Schmidt into the mix and see if they can win us some clearances. Very few of the current senior team are managing to do that. Bringing McVeigh in is a no-brainer.

And having another flanker willing to work hard and run into the forward 50 to provide a mobile target is a must - maybe it's time to bring Saddo back. Either that, or bite the bullet with Schauble, accept that he's underdone and a bit of a risk at FB but at least free up B2, Kennelly or Dempster to play the mobile flanker role.

Jeffers1984
17th April 2005, 07:00 PM
We're very lucky that the Demons have some quality potentialy out.

Bruce won't play
Maloney is suspended
Neitz injured
Davey possible report
Miller Reported

As for us IMO the changes will be

Out: Ball, Willo, Buchanan
In: LRT, McVeigh, Schneider

We could go one more with Bevan for Willoughby/Schmidt but i doubt this will happen.

gossipcom
17th April 2005, 08:47 PM
Injuries (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Bruce-brought-crashing-to-earths/2005/04/17/1113676644007.html)

Willo and Ball are definitely out - Jolly's also in doubt as well.

Bron
17th April 2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
According to the Maxfield injury thread, Fossie was on crutches after the Magoos match. Can anyone confirm this, provide more info?

At the Cross after match is was reported that Fossie had broken his leg, fibula? (my medical expertise is hopeless) and abour 4 - 6 weeks out.

Rushed Behind
17th April 2005, 09:24 PM
time to sit doen and pick the 25 players that are the best chance to win the premershpi in 2007 and plat em weak in and out. otherwise watch teems like hawks and richmond go past us. no use having won or 2 youngtsers coming through and peeking on there own, make hall or bolten capten and get the next generatshon going.

Mike_B
17th April 2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Bron
At the Cross after match is was reported that Fossie had broken his leg, fibula? (my medical expertise is hopeless) and abour 4 - 6 weeks out.

Broken fibula is less serious than a broken tibia - fibula is the smaller of the two lower leg bones on the outside of the leg. Broken tibia is usually a 2-3 month injury.

gossipcom
17th April 2005, 09:52 PM
Well George Gregan (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Gregan-to-miss-rest-of-regular-Super-12/2005/04/17/1113676641756.html) did the exact same injury as Fossie in last night's Super 12 match - he's out for the rest of the Super 12 regular season (min 4-6 week injury)

I swear it wasn't a good weekend for me and my teams *sigh*

Matt79
18th April 2005, 09:33 AM
Has there been any news on any possible injury to Saddo?

He was playing in the 3rd quarter of the Res. but then something happened, he was off the ground the whole last quarter. Shame, because he was probably a fair chance of being brought back in this week.

tez
18th April 2005, 10:22 AM
I swear it wasn't a good weekend for me and my teams *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

You too. I'm a Newcastle Knights supporter.

Matt79
18th April 2005, 11:12 AM
Depending on injury status...

I would bring in Saddington and McVeigh and just leave him on the ground and see what he can do. I would like to see Moore or Willoughby get a run and see what they can do.

Would like to see Schauble back but may need another week in the res, he looked pretty slow running around.

gossipcom
18th April 2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by tez
You too. I'm a Newcastle Knights supporter. [/B] I'm a Dragons supporter - so we're pretty much at the bottom together there :)

That being said Peter Lonard winning the golf today made up for some of the crap.

Did Schauble get through that dodgy reserves match unscathed?

The quicker we rush him back the better. Even if he isn't 100% in terms of pace, we need a proper fullback.

Moore might get promoted - though I think we'll see Spriggs retaining his spot (starting in the midfield), McVeigh/Schneider to the bench and possibly Shaw being elevated to cover for Ball and Jolly.

sharpie
18th April 2005, 12:55 PM
Willo and Ball will definitely be out due to injuries.
I think Stuey deserves to go for that reckless challenge
If there were any others dropped, I would think Buchanan and Spriggs would be the first to go.

McVeigh and Schneider will probable be first in line for selection.
I assume LRT will be fit to come in, but Schauble probably needs another week in the 2s.
Is Saddo ready? It may be time for him to come in. I dont know who else is ready to come in.

As for structural changes:

Davis has to take over from Williams. He has the sublime skills to do it, and his fitness seems good at the moment. I thought he was reasonably consistent throughout yesterday.

Dempster on a HFF and Kennelly to the wing.

With our injured ruckmen, Goodes MUST play in the ruck. Let him loose for a change. He's starting to show some good signs.

snajik
18th April 2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by gossipcom
Well George Gregan (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Gregan-to-miss-rest-of-regular-Super-12/2005/04/17/1113676641756.html) did the exact same injury as Fossie in last night's Super 12 match - he's out for the rest of the Super 12 regular season (min 4-6 week injury)

I swear it wasn't a good weekend for me and my teams *sigh*

Who is George Gregan? What is Super 12?

ScottH
18th April 2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by snajik
Who is George Gregan? What is Super 12? Australin Rugby Union Captian.

Rugby Union Competition between 12 teams from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Been living in the bush the past 10 years?

snajik
18th April 2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Australin Rugby Union Captian.

Rugby Union Competition between 12 teams from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Been living in the bush the past 10 years?

Aaah, Rugby Union. For I moment there I thought we were talking about sport, not corporate networking exercises.

Old Royboy
18th April 2005, 02:05 PM
At the MA Noble aftermatch Luffy said that while Saado's knee is on track his progress in the reserves has been restricted by a back complaint.

mocaholic
18th April 2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Rushed Behind
time to sit doen and pick the 25 players that are the best chance to win the premershpi in 2007 and plat em weak in and out. otherwise watch teems like hawks and richmond go past us. no use having won or 2 youngtsers coming through and peeking on there own, make hall or bolten capten and get the next generatshon going.
Much as I deplore the syntax, spelling and grammar in this post there are some good points to your suggestions.

And FFS if Jolly is out we've gone from three fit senior ruckman to none in three weeks flat. Depth getting sorely tested.

NMWBloods
18th April 2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by mocaholic
Much as I deplore the syntax, spelling and grammar in this post there are some good points to your suggestions. LOL!! :D

And FFS if Jolly is out we've gone from three fit senior ruckman to none in three weeks flat. Depth getting sorely tested.
And amazingly it took only 4 weeks to demonstrate to the people complaining we didn't need another ruckman, that we actually did!!

CHF
18th April 2005, 03:10 PM
Hello all my little red and white friends. A melbourne supporter here. Not to troll, just to have a look at what is going on.

After a couple of dismal efforts from both our teams I confess that I have no clue as to how this game will go.

I will be around during the week to say hello and make a few comments and I will also be back next week to get in my licks or take my kicks.

Benevolent Ert
18th April 2005, 06:20 PM
Welcome back CHF

Ok - I'll have my little stab
Williams, Maxfield and Ball are the men out

Schauble's probably a monty to be included - and how we've missed him

If LRT is right, he'll probably come straight back in too - we REALLY need tall defenders right now

Schneider and McVeigh are the other two possibles to come in - so someone would need to come out - probably one of Buchanan, Bevan or Spriggs would be the most likely

Nico
18th April 2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by snajik
Who is George Gregan? What is Super 12?

He is a dark skinned rugby player whose skin glistens under the night lights.

Nico
18th April 2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
At the MA Noble aftermatch Luffy said that while Saado's knee is on track his progress in the reserves has been restricted by a back complaint.

Rush him back.

robbieando
18th April 2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ert
Welcome back CHF

If LRT is right, he'll probably come straight back in too - we REALLY need tall defenders right now

Schneider and McVeigh are the other two possibles to come in - so someone would need to come out - probably one of Buchanan, Bevan or Spriggs would be the most likely

For Ball, Willo and Maxfield, I would bring in LRT for ruck purposes, Schaubs to provide much needed height down back and McVeigh to give us and extra midfield option. Other than that I expect Schneider to only come in if we drop Buchanan and Spriggs to get the axe for either Willoughby or Malceski (rumor is that he'll play)

OldE
18th April 2005, 08:23 PM
Oh, I hope Malceski plays. He's a favourite of mine. Would be a bright spot on a rather dull year this far (the exception being Dempster).

NMWBloods
18th April 2005, 08:52 PM
I've been looking forward to seeing Malceski play - has some decent skills that hopefully translate into the big leagues. I think his biggest problem will be adjusting to the faster pace of the AFL.

Jeffers1984
18th April 2005, 10:29 PM
I'll be the first to put up the 'Let's give it up for Malceski' thread if he makes his debut this week. ;)

Seriously, i would like to see what he's got at senior level. He has that little bit of X Factor about him.

Old Royboy
18th April 2005, 10:49 PM
Unless the opposition has a known ?stay at home ? backman, Mickey in his present condition should not play. He can?t chase his man or take over on Bazza?s man if either decide to go forward. When Bazza goes up he ends up in no mans land when a breakout of defence is made. He is the main target, and MUST stay forward so he can present to the fast break. See how Mick goes the next couple of weeks, but there is little place in todays game for an immobile player. Mick is a legend, we have loved him for his brilliance, but his time to give it up could be near.

I?ve always had issue with Matthew?s decision making skill, I reckon no longer untouchable. Crouch is so out of form it is not funny, I nearly threw up when he performed a ?look away? handball to three crows. How ironic if the run is broken through being dropped, but he better start showing a bit more else that is where he is headed. Monty had a great pre-season but has lost form. Bevan is all brawn and no brains, trouble is he isn?t strong enough to get away with it. He needs to beef up, get some brains and learn how to kick. Spriggs just needs to learn how to kick. Will he ever? Roos can't sack all of these guys at once, because there are not enough ready to step up. Injury will save a few hides this week.

McVeigh has to return. If fit LRT will return. I only saw Shaubs play the second half of the twos, he was moved to the forward line so that he could get a touch. There is nothing wrong with his anticipation, ball sense etc. May be underdone but circumstances say he must come back. Saddo looked better three weeks ago, hard to play well with a bad back. I think not.

Tim Schmidt stands out like a beacon in the twos as the only young midfielder who can consistently deliver the ball accurately AND intelligently. The downside is that he makes a hobbit look a giant But he?s been in the system long enough, time to find out if he can cut it with the big boys. At present Willoughby looks like a good average footballer ? we already have plenty of them. Schneider didn?t impress me greatly in the second half of the twos, but he could come back if Roos loses patience with Monty. Vogels and Campbell only look up top-up players, I don?t think they will have much impact if promoted. The rookie who looks the best footballer is Grundy, but I have a feeling there are fitness issues with him. He?s a pretty fair size. As posted before Jarrad Moore is good enough but maybe doesn?t have the legs yet.

Neither Eriksson or Shaw appear to be ready yet. Eriksson is the better of the two ATM.

CHF
19th April 2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ert
Welcome back CHF

Thanks for the welcome back.

As for our team, well we have played really good footy for the first few weeks but ran into a brick wall last week with a dreadful display. We lost our best player in Bruce in the first minute and he will be out for 6 weeks. Moloney who had been playing good footy for us is out for another week suspended and Whelan did a hamstring last week and is still a couple away.

Besides those injuries, Jamar is doubtful, McDonald as well with a knock to the knee. In all we pulled up last week as the walking wounded. Neitz was on the bench for the whole of the last quarter with a bruised hip.

Not sure how that lot will come up.

What I expect to happen is this. Holland will come in for Jamar, Ferguson may replace Nicholson, but there is an argument for retaining him to run with Hall. Ferguson is a bit light for that job, but you never know. Rivers with Micky O and bell and Brown to fill the BP's. Bizzell and Wheatley the other two in the back six to start with. Watch for Wheatley's kick ins. On the smaller SCG I reckon they will land in the centre circle.

In the middle we have a few holes that need to be filled. Johnstone and Green on the wings. Travis is flying at the moment and will attract attention. In the centre I would start McLean.

White to ruck most of the day with Holland to give him a rest when required. Mcdonald and Sylvia to start on the ball.

Up forward, Miller, who is damn lucky to be playing, at CHF and Neitz at FF. Robertson and Armstrong on the HFF and Yze and Davey in the pockets.

Interchange, Holland rotating into the forwards and ruck, Read, Godfrey as midfield rotations and maybe Chris Johnson, Son of Alan, to make his debut.

The contentious position will be fullback and how that is played.