PDA

View Full Version : Reprieve for Monty

TheHood
9th May 2005, 01:01 PM
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I had to draft a Monty special.

I thought his game was outstanding apart from a little inaccuracy in front of the sticks.

Watching live, my mate Tank and I were both in agreement that Monty had a hand in 8 of our goals!

He was all over the place and the Dons couldn't get a handle on him at all.

Great game from Amon. One of those days where a touch of luck (Maxi pulling out) running through your blood and you don't waste a bit of it.

Think Amon did enough to play on Sunday against Port.

Also, any word on how Schnides and Nicksy played on the weekend?

Jeffers1984
9th May 2005, 01:04 PM
Bucky....God bless him :)

cruiser
9th May 2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I had to draft a Monty special.

I thought his game was outstanding apart from a little inaccuracy in front of the sticks.

Watching live, my mate Tank and I were both in agreement that Monty had a hand in 8 of our goals!

He was all over the place and the Dons couldn't get a handle on him at all.

Great game from Amon. One of those days where a touch of luck (Maxi pulling out) running through your blood and you don't waste a bit of it.

Think Amon did enough to play on Sunday against Port.

Also, any word on how Schnides and Nicksy played on the weekend?
Schneider kicked 3, Nicks kicked 1 and both were named amongst the Swan's best. McVeigh kicked 8, however, it should be noted that the team itself kicked 30.15 (to 4.3) so its questionable that much can be read from these stats.

ugg
9th May 2005, 01:12 PM
There's already a Reserves thread on this , but briefly the Swans midfield did whatever they liked (including McVeigh, Schneider and Nicks) with not much opposition. One thing I liked was they continually looked for a better option when they were close to goal rather than just blazing away.

They need to get some new nicknames though. The current ones are quite boring. McVeigh = Macca
Malceski = Mal
Schneider = Schneids
Shaw = Shawy
and some are just called by their first names.