PDA

View Full Version : Football is a funny game?

sfan
14th May 2005, 09:30 PM
Having seen all swans games this year except the WA game I attended the Demons (got flogged) vs Hawks (we flogged) game today, The hawks smashed the Dees in most aspects of the game. The message for me was give the kids a go and let their enthusiam run free, The hawks were great and played a style of game that I would envy most of the time.

Chubby Muffler
14th May 2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sfan
The message for me was give the kids a go and let their enthusiam run free, The hawks were great and played a style of game that I would envy most of the time.

This is true, the Hawks have been great to watch in some games this year, even games they have lost. It takes time though, time and patience.

punter257
14th May 2005, 11:53 PM
i wish our forwards had the delivery mark williams gets

Snowy
15th May 2005, 12:31 AM
I think the difference is that Williams is a small forward who is the go to man and he gets it lace out. Hall, MOL and others are targets and often the forward line is crowded. They keep theirs open.

punter257
15th May 2005, 04:55 AM
yeah i see your point but im just talking generally of how good hawthorns foot skills are to him on the lead. ive seen a few of their games and the bloke doesnt even have to break stride.

but we dont have a "traditional" leading full forward as hall starts more near the fifty and magic is always trying to body his opponent under the ball and play on whilst they are on the deck. i havent seen him do it once this season