PDA

View Full Version : Swans Power

paralowiepower
17th May 2005, 12:24 AM
Congratulations to the swans for beating the reigning premiers on the weekend. The less said on the game the better, the only real highlight was Jolly's mark. As some of you have said you didn't beat much, but you can only beat who ever you come across, and a win is a win however ugly. And atlast we got the better of the umpiring, that would have to be a first, hopefully it continues we need all the help we can get at the moment.

I thought we had great support at the game, and it was great to be at a ground which also has great colour (big flags behind the goals) good atmosphere and friendly banter which does not go over the top like at some Victorian venues.

BTW could someone turn the PA system down and remove those annoying seat/bay posts that are put up in the General admission area :mad:

Good luck for the rest of the year.

prenda
17th May 2005, 09:31 AM
good onya for coming over and supporting your team.a loss on a road trip is painfull,believe me ive done it plenty of times.i know port are playing well short of there potential,but keep supporting them doesnt matter how bad they are going.

prenda

port1978
17th May 2005, 12:27 PM
Yep, well done Sydney. :frown

Rod_
18th May 2005, 10:45 PM
Hey I have figured out why Port are travelling so bad this year. It is their team song

"We'll never stop stop stop till were top, top top....."

Last year they were top top top and now they can stop stop stop!

:D

Just kiddin

"No easy games the following year when you win a premiership"

Every team wants a part of you! and to see how they stand against last years premiers

I do enjoy our games against Port (lots of my friends support them and I think the bet is about even)

Rod_

cruiser
18th May 2005, 10:54 PM
Whats this? An almost gracious Port supporter? Something's not right here. I grew up in Adelaide so I should know. Would you Victorians trust a Collingwood supporter talking like that?

paralowiepower
18th May 2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Whats this? A almost gracious Port supporter? Something's not right here. I grew up in Adelaide so I should know. Would you Victorians trust a Collingwood supporter talking like that?
HAHA, a bit like the Cornes boys proud to being playing for the PAFC ;)

Times change :p

cruiser
18th May 2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by paralowiepower
HAHA, a bit like the Cornes boys proud to being playing for the PAFC ;)

Times change :p
Ouch! That's cruel and below the belt. It kills me to see the Cornes name twice on the Port play list, alongside the despised Ebert surname. Its like a bad dream. :eek: