PDA

View Full Version : Who's Played The Most Games At Your Club?

Pekay
17th May 2005, 03:50 PM
was having a chat with an ex-Jet a few weeks back,and he was saying how his uncle played over 200 games for St George AFC, and it got me thinking-who has played the most at your club?im interested to see how many games blokes like Gav Raper at Saints,or Dale Odgers at Wests to name a few.for memory, "Trusty" Dave Barwick has to hold some sort of record with 300+ at Goannas,and leading my club is Don Waterston on 57(Jets have only been around since 2001)

shearer
17th May 2005, 04:20 PM
Gav Raper is younger than you think and missed a few years travelling. Out of current players at St George, Greg Coffey is on 198 games and has played the most of the current players.

Who was the bloke who had an uncle Pekay?

Pekay
17th May 2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by shearer
Gav Raper is younger than you think and missed a few years travelling. Out of current players at St George, Greg Coffey is on 198 games and has played the most of the current players.

Who was the bloke who had an uncle Pekay? his name is Dan Willats,his uncle(it could be his dad,I WAS WRESTLING A BEER GORILLA!!) is Bill Willats,played 246 i believe, was mentioned in St George team of past 25 yrs in Footy Record from 95-96.thought Raper played more than that....

Coastal Boy
17th May 2005, 07:08 PM
I would think Lee Urquhart would be the most for Wests ahead of Dale Odgers of current players. It is difficult to think of big totals in the Sydney AFL at senior level at one club due to the nature of the relocating interstate players and players moving clubs. I cannot think of many who have played 10 years of senior footy(first grade) at one club (in premier league). I'm sure there are a few. Any names??

Northern_Swan
17th May 2005, 09:59 PM
Our vice president (Stukka) played 329 games for Cardiff. Theres another bloke over 300 as well

bystander
17th May 2005, 10:30 PM
Chris Yard (250+, record number of games at PH) and Anthony Brawn (200+) have played all their senior footy at Pennant Hills.

Matthew Parker at North Shore would most likely be 200+ for that club.

Norris Lurker
17th May 2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bystander
Matthew Parker at North Shore would most likely be 200+ for that club. I seem to recall a game I did an article on for RWO last year being his 200th; but that's just going from memory. I'd have to check the archives to be sure of that.
Brawn's 200th for Penno was the minor semi against St George last season.

shearer
18th May 2005, 09:57 AM
Coff started playing senior footy in 1989.I think Craig Tognolini started in 1991.

adnar
18th May 2005, 10:23 AM
Andrew Kyparianou played his 300th for Balmain last year and is still going.

ZAIS
18th May 2005, 04:29 PM
I think this one might take some beating.
John Roberts has had a lifetime involvement with East Sydney/UNSW-Eastern Suburbs AFL Club, where he played over 500 senior games for East Sydney ? incl. over 300 in first grade. John was a high quality and respected player through one of the clubs golden era?s, when they won a series of senior premierships through the 1970?s and 1980?s]. John filled a number of positions at East Sydney/UNSW-Eastern Suburbs AFL Club, through his lifetime involvement, from player, captain, captain/coach, coach, and chairman of selectors [as recently as 2001]. John is also a life member of East Sydney/UNSW-Eastern Suburbs AFL Club, and continues to support the club on a weekly basis, where his son ? Brett ? is a current senior player with the club, and Brett has also raked up over 250 games with UNSW/Eastern Suburbs, and still playing [....so here is a father/son combination with 500-600 games between them, and growing; - all with one club !].

Rafters
18th May 2005, 04:34 PM
Dave "Trusty" Bariwck reached the 350 mark with the Goannas a few years back ... marked the match with a BOG performance in seniors against the Southern Sharks at the picturesque Gwawley Park ... PM John Howard recognised the achievement with a personal letter.

Trusty played approx 15 more games for the club before donning the Orange shirt of the umpiring brigade.

Of the current players Paddy Gallagher (approx 240) and Troy Balzan (approx 220) - both joined the club in 1991.

Salem Kassem would have close to the longest playing span in Sydney AFL - he made his first grade debut for the Goannas in the State League in the latter half of 1986 and played round one this year for Wests before breaking a thumb. He has had stints at Baulkham Hills & Campbelltown as well as a few years in Ainslie - there would be quite alot of senior games all up in that career. One guy to rival that is his older brother Ozem who is making a comeback in Wests ressies & snagged 6 goals last weekend I see.

I would think that Wormers aka Lee Urqhuart has a hell of alot more games in the black & white than big Odgie.