PDA

View Full Version : A massive game: Roos

ScottH
25th May 2005, 07:29 AM
A massive game: Roos (http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=204966)
The likely return of star midfielder Paul Williams (collarbone) and ruckman Jason Ball (hamstring) will bolster the Sydney line-up.

?I am pretty sure Willo will be right to play, he was touch and go for last weekend but the doctors said to give it another week, so he should be okay to play against the Saints,? the coach said.

?Even though Bally wasn?t fit for senior football we were able to play him in the seconds.

ScottH
25th May 2005, 07:32 AM
Swans need Williams to combat fleet-footed Saints (http://www.smh.com.au/news/AFL/Swans-need-Williams-to-combat-fleetfooted-Saints/2005/05/24/1116700715030.html)
"It's been a big hole, with him being out of the side," Ablett said. "He's our No.1 attacking midfielder. He's got a lot of leg speed, great skills and it will be a big bonus to have him back in the side. I've done a lot of work with Paul over the last couple of years and he's helped a great deal. I think I've come a long way, especially in the last 12 months."

Ablett knows this match is a chance for redemption for Sydney, who were bundled out of the 2004 finals by St Kilda.
Redemption?? I prefer revenge, it is sweeter!!

Mike_B
25th May 2005, 10:30 AM
In the Willo article, they mention some new midfielder at St Kilda called Adam Fiora. When did they sign him up and is he any relation to Aaron Fiora?

punter257
25th May 2005, 10:35 AM
nah its aaron fiora

pretty sure it was involved in the heath black and troy simmonds 3 way deal with the dockers, saints and tigers

ScottH
25th May 2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
In the Willo article, they mention some new midfielder at St Kilda called Adam Fiora. When did they sign him up and is he any relation to Aaron Fiora? Could be Lukes brother??

j s
25th May 2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Swans need Williams to combat fleet-footed Saints (http://www.smh.com.au/news/AFL/Swans-need-Williams-to-combat-fleetfooted-Saints/2005/05/24/1116700715030.html) They didn't mention he's also a TLM winner :mad:

Sanecow
25th May 2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by j s
They didn't mention he's also a TLM winner :mad:

It's almost like nobody cares about us.

satchmopugdog
25th May 2005, 09:38 PM
Hullo!!!! Who is running this club. Don't they know this board is the nerve centre

JF_Bay22_SCG
25th May 2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by satchmopugdog
Hullo!!!! Who is running this club. Don't they know this board is the nerve centre

They do mate. People in high places read it EVERY NIGHT!

It is the best guage as to what the supporters are thinking that you could have.

JF

timthefish
25th May 2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
It is the best guage as to what the supporters are thinking that you could have.

at best, it is the best guage of what the posters on redandwhiteonline are thinking. let's not get ahead of ourselves here, there is at least considerable diversity of opinion on this board, but the majority of posts here are of a vociferous few that may not actually be representative of the fans as a whole.

i think many thoughts put up here may provide useful ideas and rapid feedback to the club, but i doubt we affect the decisions made at club level to a great degree. for one thing, depending on the passion of the moment, we (as a collective, not necessarily as individuals) are as changeable as any mob.

NMWBloods
25th May 2005, 11:37 PM
Ya gotta luv mob rool!! :)