PDA

View Full Version : The goalkicking offenders

Bart
26th May 2005, 11:34 AM
Looking at those players who have had most shots at goal, it seems our problem is endemic, with only Goodes being satisfactory.

Buchanan and Ablett's stats are shocking

Barry_Hall 24 21 53%
Michael_O'Loughlin 14 10 58%
Adam_Goodes 9 6 60%
Ryan_O'Keefe 9 9 50%
Nick_Davis 8 9 47%
Amon_Buchanan 3 10 23%
Luke Ablett 3 8 27%

pillowtalk
26th May 2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Bart
Looking at those players who have had most shots at goal, it seems our problem is endemic, with only Goodes being satisfactory.

Barry_Hall 24 21 53%
Michael_O'Loughlin 14 10 58%
Adam_Goodes 9 6 60%
Ryan_O'Keefe 9 9 50%
Nick_Davis 8 9 47%
Amon_Buchanan 3 10 23%
Luke Ablett 3 8 27%
So, basically, everyone is having a shocker. I've been most frustrated with Hall. Even the easy ones seem to go astray :mad:

ugg
26th May 2005, 11:45 AM

And that's not counting OOBOTF!

cruiser
26th May 2005, 12:18 PM
I've posted elsewhere that I think that Buchanan should be moved out of the forward line (or dropped) until his accuracy improves. At the moment he is useless up forward.

Legs Akimbo
26th May 2005, 12:25 PM
Luke Ablett 3 8 27%

When I read the Ablett article from yesterday, they started out by calling him a sharp shooter. Laughed, I nearly cried...

The frustrating part is the guy is a beautiful kick of the sherrin. I think he has a mental block in his head, like he is afraid to unleash. My prediction is that once he gets past that in a year or two, he'll be slotting them from everywhere. Like his uncle and old man...late developer.

giant
26th May 2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
Like his uncle and old man...late developer.

Not like his old man apparently. 38 games does not a late developer make.

Sanecow
26th May 2005, 12:28 PM
If Schneider is meant to be putting pressure on Buchanan and co., then the change should probably be made, right?

giant
26th May 2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
If Schneider is meant to be putting pressure on Buchanan and co., then the change should probably be made, right?

Vogels for LRT you mean?

timthefish
26th May 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by giant
Not like his old man apparently. 38 games does not a late developer make.

they obviously didn't give him long enough.

Sanecow
26th May 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by giant
Vogels for LRT you mean?

Oops, sorry. I skipped my medication this morning.

j s
26th May 2005, 12:39 PM
The majority of Ablett's shots are from outside 50 (he's one of the few who attempts these) which does partially excuse him, but he admits himself (from the article quoted elsewhere) the he needs to improve.

Hall has been extremely disappointing with his accuracy (he's missed a lot of easy ones) and, until last week, MOL was even worse.

Buchanon definitely needs a stint in the twos till he can improve his accuracy.

giant
26th May 2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Oops, sorry. I skipped my medication this morning.

No Doze?

Legs Akimbo
26th May 2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by timthefish
they obviously didn't give him long enough.

cough cough...um yep,

ScottH
26th May 2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
My prediction is that once he gets past that in a year or two, he'll be slotting them from everywhere. Yep posted that elsewhere. Just needs to get a few and know he can do it.

Snowy
26th May 2005, 04:24 PM
Hall has been the biggest offender because his misses have been gettable. You have to take into account the nature of the points. Set shots well within 50 are the key ones. Flying snaps and kicks from outside 50 are low percentage.

Snowy
26th May 2005, 04:28 PM
I would suggest Goodes's shots have been relatively easy. MOL also tends to get many in close, or gettable ones at least.

Schneiderman
26th May 2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
Hall has been the biggest offender because his misses have been gettable. You have to take into account the nature of the points. Set shots well within 50 are the key ones. Flying snaps and kicks from outside 50 are low percentage.

He had two misses where he was running straight at goal, slight angle and pressure, 35m out. He would have slotted both last year.

cruiser
26th May 2005, 11:50 PM
Buchanan retains his spot in the side for the game against the Saints. If he doesnt improve his accuracy and kick some goals, he wont wanna read this forum next week!

ScottH
27th May 2005, 06:55 AM
Bet he's trembling in his boots.

Tuesday
27th May 2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Bet he's trembling in his boots.

Or suffering in his jocks... :p