PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices for Swans v Lions

Jude4eva
23rd January 2003, 04:22 PM
I was looking on the ticketek site and they didnt have the prices for the game on feb 22 and i was wondering does any1 know the prices of the tickets or if members get discounts???
Plz help
Thanks ppls

desredandwhite
23rd January 2003, 04:32 PM
sorry, j4e, I can't seem to find the pricing info anywhere either - I ASSUME it will be something in the 15-25 dollar mark for adults.. Don't quote me though!

Members won't have discounts to the PS games, as far as I know - we get free entry into any practice games, excluding the North Sydney one.

Jude4eva
23rd January 2003, 04:38 PM
thanks desredandwhite it looks like i might have to trek all the way to my nearest ticketek just to find out the price and relay the prices back to the ppl im goin with (stupid ticketek absolutely no help they r)

liz
23rd January 2003, 10:33 PM
I got an email from the membership department yesterday informing me I could buy a ticket for the Lions game for $10 if I bought it at the same time as one for the Bombers game.

Norris Lurker
23rd January 2003, 10:53 PM
I got this email from the Swans tonight:

SWANS V BRISBANE - ON SALE DATE
We apologise to Members who attempted to purchase tickets from Ticketek today for the Wizard Cup Match, Swans v Brisbane at Telstra Stadium. At the time of sending yesterday's email, the information to hand indicated that tickets would be on sale today (the on sale date in the email should have read 23rd January instead of 23rd February).

Due to unforeseen circumstances, ticket sales have been held off until next week. Members will be advised of the new date, when that information comes to hand. We appreciate your patience.
So there you go - that's why none of us could find the info. But if it's any guide (which it probably isn't), tickets for the Essendon v Kangaroos game in Can'tberra that afternoon are ranging from $17.70 to $24.70.

(I'm cursing that the Canberra game is a 2:30 start so won't finish till after 5. Just not enough time to be there and race up to Sydney for the Swans v Lions game. Another hour and I'd be able to make both games.:( )

j s
23rd January 2003, 11:43 PM
Just skip the bombers game Norris. Or leave at half time. It will all be over by then anyway

swansrock4eva
29th January 2003, 06:38 PM
just got this off my ticketek newsletter:

SYDNEY SWANS ? Telstra Stadium Matches
Telstra Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
On sale Fri Jan 31, 9am
Full information available Fri Jan 13

not sure abt the "full information," but a cruise around ticketek.com.au would probably give venue details, including appropriate ticket prices. i'm assuming it includes the brisbane game in a few weeks as well.

Bas
29th January 2003, 09:16 PM
In previous years, weren't members admitted free to the pre season competition? The practise game was different but I'm sure that was the case.

I'd have to go hunting for old membership cards to confirm. Too busy at moment to do this.

vagary
29th January 2003, 09:18 PM
they were, not this year.

Bas
29th January 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by vagary
they were, not this year.

Thanks for that, I thought my memory was correct. With the game live on foxtel in Sydney, it will be interesting to see how many go.

No advertising yet on fox footy showing whether Essendon practise game will be on delay broadcast.

Dpw
29th January 2003, 09:29 PM
Just happy to be getting it live on foxtel (wa only).

It seems most pre-season games will be live to wa only(excluding dockers and egales games) according to my guide so far.