PDA

View Full Version : C Bolton, Schauble & Nicks

Alison
29th April 2003, 05:44 PM
Jsut heard on the radio that these 3 are in doubt for the game on Saturday night.

penga
29th April 2003, 05:45 PM
powell, lrt and o'keefe as replacements??????

penga
29th April 2003, 05:48 PM
lrt on fraser (although crouch on fraser could work too)
powell on molloy

i wouldnt mind seeing lrt put on rocca, rocca doesnt really outbody like lynch or neitz he outleaps usually...

i want a first gamer put on a gun ala brennan

floppinab
29th April 2003, 06:05 PM
Anybody notice Nicks started off half back (not sure who he matched up on), not sure how long he stayed there but he looked very positive for the first quarter, can't remember when he went off.

penga
29th April 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
Anybody notice Nicks started off half back (not sure who he matched up on), not sure how long he stayed there but he looked very positive for the first quarter, can't remember when he went off.

he did look positive and had one of those days where the umpies were pickin on him

Mike_B
29th April 2003, 07:02 PM
I must admit that I always thought Gerard Bennett was a bit hard done by in his time at the Swans, while he was never going to be a superstar, he was a fairly useful spare parts player, and IMHO wasn't a bad marking option up forward (he could take a grab and was a pretty good kick for goal). Its right about now that I wouldn't have minded having him on the list, to cover for our thinning resources down back, at least as a temporary thing. He had the height, and a least a little bit of substance about his physique.

Bit late now though right?:frown

Ajn
29th April 2003, 10:03 PM
Agree on the ins above, as youth need matches like this to speed their growth.
Also agree on Bennett, was a star this time last year.
Fixter will be an important return for us too.

Cheer Cheer
29th April 2003, 11:06 PM
On bennett - he couldnt have been too handy - no one else picked him up

On Schauble - Good to see he is only listed as a test , he was one depressed man on Friday night - didnt come out to the qtr time huddle and had his head in his hands.

Dpw
30th April 2003, 09:39 AM
I would be surprised if Bolton didn't play you require only seven days to get a doctors clearance if you are knocked out in the sunday league so it would be safe to assume it would be the same for the afl boys, which should see him just scrape in.

sounds like ducks and drakes to me, something Eade would have done.

for whats its worth I would drop Wharfe and bring in Powell and Lrt I feel this is a good team to blood them aganist apart from JM the other guys are not phyiscaly strong players and I would use Bolton in the midfield or off halfback.

penga
30th April 2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Dpw
I would be surprised if Bolton didn't play you require only seven days to get a doctors clearance if you are knocked out in the sunday league so it would be safe to assume it would be the same for the afl boys, which should see him just scrape in.

sounds like ducks and drakes to me, something Eade would have done.

for whats its worth I would drop Wharfe and bring in Powell and Lrt I feel this is a good team to blood them aganist apart from JM the other guys are not phyiscaly strong players and I would use Bolton in the midfield or off halfback.

tarrant is a worry, jacobs last week shut him down coz he is a perfect matchup on him... we dont have anyone really... roos might install some faith in bolton and play him on tarrant, at least there is some video on what bolton shouldnt do with tarrant

Spoon
30th April 2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by penga
tarrant is a worry, jacobs last week shut him down coz he is a perfect matchup on him... we dont have anyone really... roos might install some faith in bolton and play him on tarrant, at least there is some video on what bolton shouldnt do with tarrant

When Bolton was put on Tarrant last year, R8 @ the Telstra Dome, he kicked 5 on him.

Although his marking has been poor (Can't one grab cleanly) since the a poster was kicked then the ball hit his thumb against Brisbane.

penga
30th April 2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Spoon
When Bolton was put on Tarrant last year, R8 @ the Telstra Dome, he kicked 5 on him.

not only that but tarrant beat bolton in just about every aspect of the game

from the 'barry hall' thread it seems that nicks is the only doubt for the weekend, thats reassuring

if they pick mcpherson over okeefe i will spontaneously combust!!! grrrr :mad: