PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Back

Ruda Wakening
14th July 2005, 11:06 AM
McVeigh out.

Link (http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15921055-23211,00.html)

Schneiderman
14th July 2005, 11:32 AM
'Bout time!

Hang on... I'll withdraw that thought and hold onto it until after the game.

Hope he kicks 3 or 4.

LittleSchneider
14th July 2005, 01:28 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he plays well! Glad to see that Roos made him work for it though - hopefully it will make him a stronger player!
And its my birthday next week - what a cool present!

ScottH
14th July 2005, 01:52 PM
I hope McV learns the same lesson, if you want a game you are gunna have to earn it.

Xie Shan
14th July 2005, 01:56 PM
He hasn't been criticised as much as LRT I know (as if that were possible!), but I hope he proves the doubters wrong and seizes the chance to cement his spot in the team as the crumber we really need in that forward line.

Let's hope that this game will mark his re-arrival, just as he 'arrived' on Anzac Day 2003 by kicking 3 goals against the Demons.

NMWBloods
14th July 2005, 02:01 PM
I would have thought he 'arrived' in his first game, against Carlton, when he kicked 2.2 and had 14 possessions.

LittleSchneider
14th July 2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by sydfan83
He hasn't been criticised as much as LRT I know (as if that were possible!), but I hope he proves the doubters wrong and seizes the chance to cement his spot in the team as the crumber we really need in that forward line.

Let's hope that this game will mark his re-arrival, just as he 'arrived' on Anzac Day 2003 by kicking 3 goals against the Demons.

Me too.
I keep watching the 2003 highlights DVD and thinking "where have those skills gone?" Hope he can find them and that Roos doesnt play him as a BLOODY MIDFIELDER - stick him at Hall's feet and let him do what he does best! Hope he kicks 5!

Xie Shan
14th July 2005, 02:06 PM
For me, Schneider's long goal from 50m after Barry Hall threw a Melbourne player to the ground like a rag doll in the last quarter comeback was the moment he arrived - if only because he was one of the players to spark that 10-goal quarter. But yes, he did show promise before that.

(Edit: Yeah, I've got the 2003 highlights DVD too - I remember it pretty clearly off that ;) )

Roscoe
14th July 2005, 02:16 PM
I will be very happy to eat a large slice of humble pie if you goes well

CONSISTENTLY FOR MORE THAN A FEW GAMES

I'd hate to see hime play well then drop off because he thinks he's back

The ball is in your court Adam - lets see what you are made of !!

McVeigh deserved to be dropped - Roos has given him enough chances over the past 6 weeks

Schneider deserves his chance if he has been performing well in the magoos

Lets hope that Malceski gets another chance if the situation warrants it

Lets not forget Schmidt and little Willo as well

j s
14th July 2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sydfan83
(Edit: Yeah, I've got the 2003 highlights DVD too - I remember it pretty clearly off that ;) )
Slightly off topic query: Are the DVDs widescreen (16:9) or still plain old square TV (4:3)?

Xie Shan
14th July 2005, 02:25 PM
Only 4:3. Was a bit disappointing that it only ran for about 70 mins - but still managed to fit in some good highlights.

Wil
14th July 2005, 02:37 PM
Schneider, Moore, Buchanan... in the same squad? Bizarre...

TheHood
14th July 2005, 03:10 PM
I am really happy for Adam but we need some tangible output from him when he's not on the pine.

To be a great crumber you need the skills when the ball isn't in your hands. I thought the most important stat was those 4 tackles.

I would say he was working at hustling backmen into turnovers and great forwards are brilliant at locking the ball into the F50.

Schneides used to be great at that, we need that all night long againts the Dees because you have to pressure Nicholson, Ferguson, Bizzell and Brown. More than likely Johnston and White will get back there to help out too.

Few goals would be sweet too.

stellation
14th July 2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Wil
Schneider, Moore, Buchanan... in the same squad? Bizarre...
Forward, backup midfielder, midfielder. Considering that Roos seems to think that all 18 players on the field should be in the midfield at once it isn't that strange ;)

BonBon
14th July 2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he plays well! Glad to see that Roos made him work for it though - hopefully it will make him a stronger player!
And its my birthday next week - what a cool present!
When in Sydney and Schneider is in, will you actually STAY at the ground to watch the seniors or flee after the reserves because Schneider isn't playing?

LittleSchneider
15th July 2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by BonBon
When in Sydney and Schneider is in, will you actually STAY at the ground to watch the seniors or flee after the reserves because Schneider isn't playing?

Excuse! I stayed last week! The only week I didnt stay was because my dad kindly offered to pick me up and my mum was really sick at home! And that was the week that you came up from Melbourne! Tis not my fault that you chose a bad week to come up ;)

Nico
15th July 2005, 11:22 AM
I'll keep the stats on his hardball gets. That way I will rarely be distracted from the rest of the game.

BonBon
15th July 2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
Excuse! I stayed last week! The only week I didnt stay was because my dad kindly offered to pick me up and my mum was really sick at home! And that was the week that you came up from Melbourne! Tis not my fault that you chose a bad week to come up ;)
Not my fault your mum was sick or you father offered to pick you up! :o

Rob-bloods
16th July 2005, 09:46 AM
I hope he concentrates more on his decision making during a game than his hairdo before it...otherwise trade him to Hawthorn, they love a bottle blonde!

Foreign Legion
16th July 2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Roscoe
I will be very happy to eat a large slice of humble pie if you goes well

CONSISTENTLY FOR MORE THAN A FEW GAMES

I'd hate to see hime play well then drop off because he thinks he's back

The ball is in your court Adam - lets see what you are made of !!

McVeigh deserved to be dropped - Roos has given him enough chances over the past 6 weeks

Schneider deserves his chance if he has been performing well in the magoos

Lets hope that Malceski gets another chance if the situation warrants it

Lets not forget Schmidt and little Willo as well

I agree with your comments 100% Roscoe - 1 week is nothing. He IS a good footballer but needs to get mentally tougher.

Foreign Legion
16th July 2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Nico
I'll keep the stats on his hardball gets. That way I will rarely be distracted from the rest of the game.

Probably won't need a big notepad for that Nico!

Be good if you could combine Buchanan's hardness and tenacity with Schneider's skill and flair - fair player then.

NMWBloods
16th July 2005, 03:01 PM
:D

Tooth Fairy
16th July 2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by TheHood

To be a great crumber... My eyesight must be going really bad. I read that as "To be a great cucumber..." and had to look twice.

ugg
16th July 2005, 09:14 PM
Roosy has pulled one from left field, Schneider is playing in defence on Davey. Dyed his hair too, didn't recognise him early on.

NMWBloods
16th July 2005, 11:16 PM
Schneider better improve next game or he won't be back for long!

Roscoe
17th July 2005, 02:37 PM
Schneider was very weak tonight

poor chasing

poor spoiling

poor tackling

Davey made him look very ordinary

I don't want to hear any crap about him playing out of position either

Back to the magoos

Nico
17th July 2005, 08:13 PM
If he goes the the ressies will they rush Fixter back after his 4 goals.

Sean
17th July 2005, 08:59 PM
Schneider was very weak tonight

poor chasing

poor spoiling

poor tackling His chasing was good, his spoiling was ordinary and his tackling was OK.

Davey made him look very ordinary Disagree - they both looked pretty ordinary. Davey did a couple of good things and not much else. His kicking is terrible. Schneider did a couple of good things and made some poor mistakes. 15 Possessions each pretty much sums up the contest.

I don't want to hear any crap about him playing out of position either Why? He was playing out of position. Don't you think that playing somewhere for the first time in your career might be a bit difficult?

Bleed Red Blood
17th July 2005, 09:13 PM

We're you bothered about this in 2003? I doubt it, cause he was playing confident, fast football. From a forward pocket. Play him there for now, and he may just develop into a good midfielder one day. Schneiders still had a better career than Didak, and he gets a forward pocket. Why shouldn't Schneider?

Roscoe
17th July 2005, 09:44 PM
Sean

you must have been watching a different game

Scneider let davey get that goal in the forward pocket via poor
marking.

His tackling was poor and did any of his chases result in any pressure on his opponent - no

back to the magoos

bring on mooore/schmidt & little willo

Nico
17th July 2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
We're you bothered about this in 2003? I doubt it, cause he was playing confident, fast football. From a forward pocket. Play him there for now, and he may just develop into a good midfielder one day. Schneiders still had a better career than Didak, and he gets a forward pocket. Why shouldn't Schneider?

And in 2003 did you see him blatantly pull out of a contest in the forward pocket at Optus Oval. I know all the Swans supporters around us oood and ahhhd. Will never make a decent midfielder while his posterior points to the ground.

Xie Shan
17th July 2005, 11:50 PM
Will never make a decent midfielder while his posterior points to the ground.

That's because he isn't a midfielder...if he's going to be in the team, I think he should just stay in the forward line as a permanent crumber, because that's what brought him his success in 2003. However, tackling, chasing and harassing defenders are all just as important as kicking goals for a small forward - which is really the only ingredient missing from our forward line, which probably hasn't done enough to stop the ball from coming out quickly this year.

May as well give Schneider the chance to regain the position we thought he was going to make his own a couple of years ago. He's still probably the best option for the crumbing role. I reckon he'll be alright if he can get his confidence back. Was never the same since tearing the hamstring against Essendon at the MCG last year. (Maybe a change back to #36 is the answer???)

Sean
18th July 2005, 12:22 AM
Sean

you must have been watching a different game No.

Scneider let davey get that goal in the forward pocket via poor You mean Davey's one goal for the night? Don't think you are over-reacting a bit?

BTW, I'm not even sure if Schneider was on him at that point - someone said that was after the switch with Tadhg. Anyway, for the sake of this discussion we'll assume Adam was still on him.

His tackling was poor and did any of his chases result in any pressure on his opponent - no His opponent kicked one goal and constantly missed targets. So, yes, his chases did put pressure on his opponent.

The area where he struggled was spoiling. Davey took one mark that he shouldn't have been allowed to get. Bruce also got one but I'm not sure why Schneider was the one defending it anyway - he was always going to lose that.

His disposal was mixed and he needs to concentrate on kicking better under pressure. However, his involvement in the last quarter after he was relieved from his tagging job was quite useful.

Throughout the match his run out of defence was quite good considering that there was very little of that from Crouch (only had one or two touches I think) & Tadhg.

I could see him being dropped next week if there isn't an obvious role for him but I'm sure that Roos would be happy enough with his efforts.

ugg
18th July 2005, 12:51 AM
Schneider definitely was on Davey then, but I don't know what he could have done to prevent the goal. He was right on Davey's tail but he was just too quick and skilful to snap the goal from that angle.

Sean
18th July 2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by ugg
He was right on Davey's tail but he was just too quick and skilful to snap the goal from that angle. That's something that is possibly being overlooked a bit here - tagging the fastest player in the AFL would actually be a really difficult job.

ScottH
18th July 2005, 07:18 AM
Scneider let davey get that goal in the forward pocket via poor
marking. I would put that one down to poor ruck work from Jolly. Being that close to goal he would've been better off smashing it thru for a point rather than tapping it down to nobody, allowing Davey to snal a freakish goal, Not Schneider.

ScottH
18th July 2005, 07:21 AM
Schneider constantly wrestled with Davey at marking contests and kept him from getting the ball. I thought Scheider did a good job on Davey, and extremely elusive player, while not being very effective himself.

smasher
18th July 2005, 10:06 AM
I would not drop Schnieder.Players need to string a couple of games together to give a fair indication of what they are capable of.If you look at the stats and didn't see the game you would think young Adam had had a good game.

stellation
18th July 2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
I would put that one down to poor ruck work from Jolly. Being that close to goal he would've been better off smashing it thru for a point rather than tapping it down to nobody, allowing Davey to snal a freakish goal, Not Schneider.
I'm pretty sure on the replay that Neitz put a block on Schneider (or a half block) that helped Davey get the step on him also.

ScottH
18th July 2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by stellation
I'm pretty sure on the replay that Neitz put a block on Schneider (or a half block) that helped Davey get the step on him also. OK, but I still think jolly should smashed it thru for a point.

stellation
18th July 2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
OK, but I still think jolly should smashed it thru for a point.
Totally agree. Probably Jolly's one brain explosion of the match.

sharp9
18th July 2005, 10:35 AM
I was very pleased with Schneider's game. his first with a positive inpuit for the year. Davey accountable for the whole game. I was very heartened to see how many contests Schneids was in.

Above all I liked a little thing most would have missed....in the replay of the goal from a low angle in the pocket in the bottom corner of the screen you can just make out the back of Schneider thumping the ground in disappontment. I've been looking for that level of commitment and pride.

He was handed a big challenge and came out even, he was one half step and freakish snap from coming away with the honours.

Great to see him angry and wanting to turn that around.

Too often he seems to float around games not really worried one way or the other. Accountability was an excellent idea from Roosy, IMO.

Let's not forget that Davey gave Crouch an absolute towelling at the SCG.

Ruck'n'Roll
18th July 2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sharp9
an excellent idea from Roosy, IMO.
Yes definitely one out-of-the-box, I'm not sure about it long term but I believe it worked.

Schneiderman
18th July 2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Ruckman
Yes definitely one out-of-the-box, I'm not sure about it long term but I believe it worked.

I reckon it might have taught Adam a thing or two. Schneider WAS the Davey of 2003. Explosive pace, long runs, awesome freakish goals.

Defending against such a player teaches you why they are so dangerous... I think Schneider will hopefully now remember how to do the same thing to oppostition teams.

Mark
18th July 2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
IDefending against such a player teaches you why they are so dangerous... I think Schneider will hopefully now remember how to do the same thing to oppostition teams.

Hopefully it teaches him how important chasing and tackling is !

Davey is anything but lazy

jc_freak54
18th July 2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it was wierd for me to see Schneids playing a negating role. However, he played the role surprisingly well.

It is true that Davey is the Schneider of 2003. If only he could find a way to re-capture that form, only then would we be complete in our forward line.

Ruck'n'Roll
18th July 2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by jc_freak54
It is true that Davey is the Schneider of 2003.
One of these days someone solid is going to catch little Aaron and leave him a smear on the turf, in this regard at least I have less fears about the future of Schneider.

TheHood
18th July 2005, 02:25 PM
Schneides just needs a bit more time to adjust to the tempo of AFL footy again.

Bit too often he took a long time to measure ground kicking and got pushed off his kick or tackled or whatever. Then he rushed his snaps a bit thinking he had no time at all, didn't find the handle and OOBOTF was the result.

Great job on the dangerous Davey.

I also thought Crouchy did a great job on the equally dangerous Yze. We didn't get much run from Crouchy as a result but the job was done down back!

Mel_C
18th July 2005, 02:38 PM
I was sitting right near the Swans bench and when Schneider came off straight after the Davey goal he was REALLY disappointed with himself. The look on his face and his words spoke volumes!