HB: Chick, Staker, Banfield
C: Stenglein, Cousins, Braun
HF: Sampi, McDougall, Kerr
F: Matera, Lynch, Seaby
FOLL: Cox, Judd, Fletcher
I/C (from): Butler, Graham, R.Jones, Morton, Nicoski, Rosa, Selwood
IN: Sampi, Graham, R.Jones, Morton, Rosa
OUT: Gardiner (susp), Adkins
NEW: Mitch Morton (Claremont), Matt Rosa (North Ballarat)

Matt79
21st July 2005, 08:15 PM
Seeing that Schaubs did not make it back in for this game considering the wealth of talls that WC has, what does that say about his current standing in the club?

I would love to see him back.

gazza
21st July 2005, 08:18 PM
schauble may appear in the legends game

cruiser
21st July 2005, 08:55 PM
Grrrr re Schauble's omission. Jonas is a dickhead. :mad:

liz
21st July 2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Grrrr re Schauble's omission. Jonas is a dickhead. :mad:

What is your justification for that comment?

Bleed Red Blood
21st July 2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by liz

Wouldn't you say Lynch is the best matchup for Schuable?

cruiser
21st July 2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by liz
He's the defenders coach so he seems like an appropriate scapegoat for my annoyance about Schauble's non-selection. He participates in the selection committee. He use to play for Central Districts. :p

Snowy
22nd July 2005, 12:02 AM
Hunter and Hansen are still out, they're not the tallest team going around.

Jeffers1984
22nd July 2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Snowy
Hunter and Hansen are still out, they're not the tallest team going around.
Forward line match ups?

LRT VS McDougal
C Bolts VS Lynch (Strength for Strength)
Barry VS Seaby
Crouch VS Matera

Would like to see C Bolts have a go on Matera but they've packed their forward line with 3 talls (Where's Schabs?!)

Sampi is another one we have to look out for. Could Schneider have another crack in defence?

TheHood
22nd July 2005, 08:39 AM
The Sampi thing surprises me greatly. I thought they would have left him back in Perth to keep warm some nice WAFLs.

I mean 5 games clear, 5 hour plane ride and even if they dropped the game, there are more important ones to be ready for in September so why risk him?

I think they really aim to play well and show the footy world the SCG is no barrier.

Now whether Ashley Sampi can make a difference, I have no idea, but it does mean that Woosha does have a lot of respect for Sydney to rush the Prawn & Scampi back in.

The contest just keeps getting better!

barry
22nd July 2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
Wouldn't you say Lynch is the best matchup for Schuable?

Correct. I disgraceful episode in the clubs history is the non-selection of Schuable the last two weeks.
He's BOG in the 2's, an ideal matchup in the 1's. It must be internal politics.

Mike_B
22nd July 2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by barry
Correct. I disgraceful episode in the clubs history is the non-selection of Schuable the last two weeks.
He's BOG in the 2's, an ideal matchup in the 1's. It must be internal politics.

Or maybe they see only one spot available between him and LRT, and they believe LRT is the better value? :eek:

Ruck'n'Roll
22nd July 2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Or maybe they see only one spot available between him and LRT, and they believe LRT is the better value? :eek:

I would have though this week there was room and a need for both.

On another matter

Chris Judd says . . . . "We are certainly aware of who the players are - Barry Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe and the other bloke they play through there."

Aware he may be but who is this mysterious "other bloke"? Should he have some sort of special costume? Fox reckons it's Monty but it could also be Nick or Adam.
Which one needs a new nickname?

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16006769-23211,00.html

floppinab
22nd July 2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by TheHood
The Sampi thing surprises me greatly. I thought they would have left him back in Perth to keep warm some nice WAFLs.

They may still leave him out, a few standard ducks and drakes IMO.

NMWBloods
22nd July 2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
Barry VS Seaby
Ugh - I don't think so. A 6" height differential is a bit too much!

TheHood
22nd July 2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
They may still leave him out, a few standard ducks and drakes IMO.

Yeah I thought that too but they have him named on the HFF. Not even on the pine or emergency, so they seemed pretty genuine.

Though that's never stopped a team coming out from WA because they do bring over a bigger squad in case.

RogueSwan
22nd July 2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods

The reverse of Nicks v Matera ?

Jeffers1984
22nd July 2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Again i ask..where the hell is Schauble?!!! grr
All i have to say is thank christ Gardiner is out.

ugg
22nd July 2005, 12:28 PM
Somehow I get the feeling that Saddington may come into the side. I hope I'm wrong.

Glenn
22nd July 2005, 12:42 PM
Still trying to work out what Schauble has done wrong to be relegated to the twos, and no sign of a comeback:confused:

cruiser
22nd July 2005, 12:54 PM
I think the cheer squad should ask "Where's Schauble?" on the banner.

ItsAllGoodes
22nd July 2005, 01:58 PM
I am not normally a LRT knocker.....but I have a terrible thought we may see whoever he plays on this week having an absolute field day...the only potential saving grace being if our midfield and forwards can halt to run of the Wee-gals

I so so so hope I am wrong...I think we are one Schauble short of a backline

Sean
22nd July 2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
I am not normally a LRT knocker.....but I have a terrible thought we may see whoever he plays on this week having an absolute field day...the only potential saving grace being if our midfield and forwards can halt to run of the Wee-gals The Eagles forwards tend not to have field days, except Matera occasionally, but anything is possible. For such a good side they actually have a pretty average forward line. Apart from Matera with 34, Lynch has only kicked 25 goals from 16 games. Hansen is their next best forward with 18 - although Embley has 20 and he plays forward a bit.

Their big adavantage is that Judd, Cousins, Fletcher, Cox and a couple of others have all kicked over 10.

giant
22nd July 2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
I am not normally a LRT knocker.....but I have a terrible thought we may see whoever he plays on this week having an absolute field day...the only potential saving grace being if our midfield and forwards can halt to run of the Wee-gals

I so so so hope I am wrong...I think we are one Schauble short of a backline

I understand that there is an another thread devoted to this LRT character elsewhere.

Good to see Mitch Morton selected for WCE - used to watch his old man run around for Claremont in the WAFL, most famously when he clocked Noel Carter in the 1981 GF....great days.

peterss
23rd July 2005, 08:27 PM
Should be a great game fellas...Good to see Matty Rosa finally given a run at AFL Level...has been workign his heart out at WAFL playing for Peel Thunder and despite the big losses every week still manages in excess of 20-25+ possies every week...Her eminds me of Andrew Embley same style of play and likes to sneak forward and get some goals

Good to see Sampi come back into the team...Although i still think he may be a late withdrawal

Gunna be a good game fellas but with the game being at the SCG and therefore itll stop the Eagles running style of football through the middle with the shorter wings and oval...I have been sayign all week that its going to take a mighty effort by the Eagles to beat the Swans at the SCG but then on the other hand its going to take a very very good game from Sydney to beat the Eagles...

My Prediction: Swans by about 2 goals :(

jenky28
23rd July 2005, 10:33 PM
My aunty asked roos not that long ago what the go was with schauble and when the big fella was expected back.
He said he was infact injured and was gunna come back through the reserves.
His 6 goals in the reserves last week i would think would put him close to selection in the next few weeks.

Snowy
24th July 2005, 01:46 PM
McVeigh in, Fosdike out.