PDA

View Full Version : Sydney AFL is on FFX TV tonight

Troy G
2nd May 2003, 05:14 PM
SYDNEY AFL WEEKLY PREMIERES TONIGHT ON FOX FOOTY EXTRA

The Sydney AFL competition will make its television debut in NSW only on FOX Footy Extra tonight from 8pm.

This year for the first time in the history of the Sydney AFL, which is in its Centenary year, the match of the round will feature on the ?Sydney AFL Weekly? show from 8pm-9pm every Friday night on FOX Footy Extra in NSW only.

The Sydney AFL match featuring tonight is the 2003, Round 1 clash between the Campbelltown Kangaroos and East Coast Eagles played at Roger Sheeran Oval.

AFL (NSW/ACT) Commission CEO John Livy says the broadcast of the Sydney AFL matches this year is a significant step forward for the competition.

?The AFL (NSW/ACT) Commission has worked closely with the Sydney AFL clubs and Board to continue the growth of the game in the Sydney market, and this initiative is a terrific result,? Mr Livy said.

?The broadcast will provide the competition with exposure throughout NSW.

?A significant number of players in the competition come from regional NSW and the coverage allows their friends and family to watch their football fortunes.?

Mr Livy is confident that the Sydney AFL weekly show will be programmed nationally within the next few months so that AFL fans across Australia can also tune in.

?The AFL (NSW/ACT) Commission would like to take this opportunity to thank FOXTEL for their tremendous support of AFL in NSW and ACT.

?The Commission has forged a strong working relationship with FOX Footy ever since the 2001 AFL exhibition match at North Sydney Oval match in February 2001, which was the first AFL match broadcast by FOX Footy.?

FOXTEL?s Director of AFL Operations, Rick McKenna said: "FOXTEL recognizes the local personality of footy fans and their voracious appetite for seeing their teams on and off the field. When we launched FOX Footy Channel we made the point that people don?t follow AFL, they follow their AFL team and FOX Footy Extra will enable NSW fans to do that like never before".

the manager
2nd May 2003, 06:30 PM
I hope it also incorporates SFA Div. 1, SFA Div. 2 and also Under 18s.

Phil Doyle
2nd May 2003, 07:29 PM
That's a joke, right?

Rafters
4th May 2003, 01:15 PM
LOL Benny!

Watching the match on Friday night was a bit like watching an SFA match (very ordinary footy in ordinary conditions). Hopefully the better weather this weekend will provide a better showcase of Sydney footy to Fox viewers.

Otherwise me thinks that we won't keep that Friday 8pm timeslot for too much longer

Richo
4th May 2003, 03:48 PM
If you guys only get the one Sydney match a week - where does the rest come from, VFL?

peterh_oz
5th May 2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Richo
If you guys only get the one Sydney match a week - where does the rest come from, VFL?

The AFL ... With a VFL game on Wed night. Have a look @ foxtel.tv and look up the FoxFootyExtra(NSW/ACT) to see what I mean. Pretty dame good I think - certainly better than we used to get! EXCEPT why do we have to wait til 930 for Friday night games (why not 830 or Live?)