HB A.Everitt, T.Richards, R.Shaw
    C K.Jack, J.Bolton, L.Jetta
    HF J.McVeigh, S.Reid, G.Rohan
    F C.Bird, R.O'Keefe, B.McGlynn
    Foll M.Seaby, J.Kennedy, D.Hannebery
    I/C T.Armstrong, N.Malceski, L.Parker, J.White
    Emg H.Cunningham J.Moore T.Walsh

In: M.Seaby , T.Armstrong
    Out: S.Mumford (Back), A.Goodes (Suspension)

New: T.Armstrong (Adelaide)
    Milestone: A.Everitt - 50 games

North Melbourne
    B: Scott McMahon, Scott Thompson, Liam Anthony
    HB: Daniel Wells, Michael Firrito, Jamie MacMillan
    C: Sam Wright, Andrew Swallow, Shaun Atley
    HF: Ryan Bastinac, Aaron Edwards, Kieran Harper
    F: Matt Campbell, Drew Petrie, Lindsay Thomas
    Foll: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Leigh Adams ...
    by Published on 22nd August 2010 10:48 PM

The Swans routinely fall short in milestone games, but their performance at the SCG on Saturday night showed not even the most malevolent spirit could overcome Kirk?s karma.

They footy gods answered all of the expectations of the Swans faithful ? and then some ? as Sydney despatched the self-declared premiership contender by 44 points, ending a run of five losses against the Dogs and making a down payment on a home final.

The Swans took control of the game halfway through the first quarter and remained on top for virtually the entire game, kicking another 14 goals to the Bulldogs? paltry five.
    by Published on 8th May 2010 12:55 PM

Sydney vs Geelong, Round 7. Skilled Stadium, Sunday May 9, 1.10pm

For all the talk of ?one week at a time?, history weighs heavily on footy, and it?s certainly making its presence felt at Skilled Stadium on Sunday.

The Cats haven?t lost there since 2007. They?ve won their last 18 at Skilled and if you include ?home games? at Etihad and the MCG - the AFL does - they hold the league record for 25 home wins in a row.

Since the Swans last beat them in round 5, 2006 at Telstra Stadium, the Cats have won six on the trot against us. Our last victory at Skilled (then Shell Stadium) was Round 8 1999, when Tony Lockett kicked 6.

However, recent history runs a little more in the Swans? favour.

As every pundit has pointed out, the Swans have cruised to top spot after crunching a few cellar dwellers and beating just one top eight side.

But Geelong?s record, as few seem to have observed, is even more slender. ...
    by Published on 3rd April 2010 01:16 PM

I should be fond of AAMI. Many of my best formative experiences happened there. The 1976 grand final. The Alice Cooper and Bob Dylan concerts. My first taste of a beer that wasn?t Southwark.

And yet I don?t like it. The Crows, who abandoned it to the Power last year, don?t like it. The AFL and the state government, who are tipping $450 million into Adelaide Oval, don?t like it.

And neither do the Swans. We routinely knock off Port there, but we can beat the Power anywhere. We haven?t beaten the Crows at AAMI since 2001 when a young Ryan O?Keefe got just four touches. (?Drop him!? says RWO.)

We?ve won once in the last 11 outings. Roos in his usual obscurantist way can?t explain why. It?s just one of those AFL oddities, like Kevin Sheedy, or our record against Collingwood.

• #goswans Feed

• Recent RWO Blogs

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO