Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget Hird, Swans are planning to stop Lucas

Just put someone on his left side and he has a brain explosion. "Oh no, I can't kick the ball!! What am I going to do?"
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Yeah, so easy to stop such a dud... that's why he's only kicked 299 goals in 199 games...

Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

His last three matches are actually out of character.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Yeah, so easy to stop such a dud... that's why he's only kicked 299 goals in 199 games...

Thats why LRT will play on him!!!!!

Veterans List
    Earlier this year Lucas and McPhee just about won the game for them against us. And Hird wasn't playing. Lucas completely outplayed LRT - maybe Roosy should put them together again and surprise Lucas with how much the boy has improved. But then I think we moved Craig Bolton onto him and he didn't do much better.

McPhee had a blinder - and he's just back so probably wants to make his mark (and not just take a stack of them as he did against us). We got across the line last time because they faded badly in the last half - until then, they looked to have the game. We weren't playing well but it seems they have improved too. And this time it ain't in Sydney.

Originally posted by Go Swannies
    But then I think we moved Craig Bolton onto him and he didn't do much better.
    Lucas had only 2 kicks and 1 goal (IIRC) after half time when Bolton picked him up.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    I think they only scored one goal in the last quarter so his work rate dropped off at about the same rate as the rest of the team.

I wouldn't bet on that happening again - they probably only have to get through four more games of footy this year. I bet Hird and McPhee (if he lasts uninjured) will be pushing us to the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12