Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forget Hird, Swans are planning to stop Lucas

Forget Hird, Swans are planning to stop Lucas

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/swans...748702264.html

Defender Lewis Roberts-Thomson, who has shown rapid improvement in recent weeks, could be asked to play a crucial role as Sydney attempt to counter Essendon's talented attack in Saturday night's important match at Telstra Dome.

Blog Entries
    Lucas, often overlooked in comparison with his champion teammates Hird and Lloyd, has had a big impact since returning to the forward line this season after a stint at centre half-back, kicking 47 goals for the season, including 15 in the past three weeks. And, although the Bombers are out of the finals race, Lucas's motivation will be increased by his eagerness to play well in his 200th AFL game.
    Great

In the face of Essendon's powerful forwards, another option for the Swans would be to recall veteran defender Andrew Schauble, who has played just four games this season and none since round 11, because of chronic hamstring problems. While Schauble is close to full fitness after two games in the seconds, the Swans reserves had a bye in the ACT AFL competition last week, leaving him short of match practice.
    looks like No Schaubs, again!!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    because of chronic hamstring problems
    Is this the clearest indication we have of why Schaubs isn't playing?

I thought I read somewhere here that he kicked 5 goals in the ressies quite recently.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by RogueSwan
    Is this the clearest indication we have of why Schaubs isn't playing?

I thought I read somewhere here that he kicked 5 goals in the ressies quite recently.
    IIRC he has kicked 6 a couple of times in recent times.

Originally posted by ScottH
    IIRC he has kicked 6 a couple of times in recent times.
    You have to wonder how chronic his hamstring problem is when he can kick so many goals in the 2's.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Good news on Schuable. At least he is being considered, and may have turned the corner with injury.

I'm ok with leaving him out this week against the bombers. LRT did ok against Lucas last time despite what stats-nerds would have you believe, and is a better player now.
    Barry on Lloyd is ok. Bolton on Hird is ok.

If Schuabs gets through the next reserves game, he should be a chance to get the call up to Lions, or preferably Roos games.

Originally posted by barry
    LRT did ok against Lucas last time despite what stats-nerds would have you believe,
    3 goals in a half!

and is a better player now.
    Definitely. He wasn't so good then but "has shown rapid improvement in recent weeks".
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by cruiser
    You have to wonder how chronic his hamstring problem is when he can kick so many goals in the 2's.
    The issue is not whether he is over his hamstring injury, it is whether he trusts his legs enough to run at full pace in short spurts during a whole game.

Schuable has never been blessed with great pace, so he needs to have demonstrated to the coaching staff that he is at a level he was before the hamstring troubles. If he can do that he will be selected due to his experience and leadership

I reckon the Roos game in a couple of weeks wil be the one.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veterans List
    Originally posted by DST
    The issue is not whether he is over his hamstring injury, it is whether he trusts his legs enough to run at full pace in short spurts during a whole game.

Schuable has never been blessed with great pace, so he needs to have demonstrated to the coaching staff that he is at a level he was before the hamstring troubles. If he can do that he will be selected due to his experience and leadership

I reckon the Roos game in a couple of weeks wil be the one.

DST
    Wot he said. It didn't make sense that he was merely out of favour.

Banned by Moderators for constant swearing and abuse of other posters
    The day I worry about Lucas having an impact is the day I give up following football.

Lucas is a dud. End of story.

The idiot has cruised to 200 games on the collective back of some half-decent players that he finds himself fortunate enough to be surrounded by.

If you look up 'Big Dumb Footballer' in the Oxford Dictionary there's a picture of Scott Lucas right underneath those of Brad Ottens and Greg Stafford.

Forget Lucas. The tool is nothing but an opportunist lump who occasionally gets lucky when he finds himself on the recieving end of a footy.

It doesn't matter who we play on him. One thing's for certain: he'll get beat.

Originally posted by JohnnyNova
    Lucas is a dud. End of story.
    LOL!

Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

15 in the last three, though? I think that it is worth having a plan for him, irrespective of opinions.

But that's just my two cents worth.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast