Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Only Weak Link Last Night was....

Senior Player
    seymour does need a run IMO, give him the chance to prove himself, if not he is GORN! he needs to slot back into the backline as the hard nut defender not in the forward line

it would be good for that direct swap though

Senior Player
    long term, i hope james is our answer for the hard ass defender... atm of course it is a fair way off however...

we could have some real good depth once doyle and james are fit... but still no fb, imo james at 189cm is simply not tall enough for fb... he woulda been perfect for tarrant...

i have fait that james will come fit and become a true chapion, prove me right PLEASE heath

Re: Only Weak Link Last Night was....

I only saw the second half, but he made quite a few mistakes, one big one in the centre which cost us a goal.
    That was more a mistake by Kirk, whose kick to him was rather poor.

He had less than 20 minutes last night, so didn't really have an opportunity to do much. But I think the Swans recognise that his playing days are nearly done.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player

Re: Re: Only Weak Link Last Night was....

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    That was more a mistake by Kirk, whose kick to him was rather poor.

He had less than 20 minutes last night, so didn't really have an opportunity to do much. But I think the Swans recognise that his playing days are nearly done.
    its true that kirk's kick was pretty poor however it got to him on the half volley and IMO half the reason y we won last night was because we were able to pick up the hard bouncing ball, the other half is coz our delivery was uncharacteristically accurate... kirk's kick wasnt accurate but rather than picking up the ball he lost his feet and dove on the ball rather than being able to judge the half volley... so it was him losing his feet that caused the turnover and not kirk's kick

Yeah, I could quite happily blame both of them!

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Yeah, I could quite happily blame both of them!
    fair enough, but kirk had a lot more to offer the team than warfe...

Originally posted by penga
    long term, i hope james is our answer for the hard ass defender... atm of course it is a fair way off however...

we could have some real good depth once doyle and james are fit... but still no fb, imo james at 189cm is simply not tall enough for fb... he woulda been perfect for tarrant...

i have fait that james will come fit and become a true chapion, prove me right PLEASE heath
    This affection for Heath James makes me irritable. I mean, alot of people on here see him as the next "Messiah".

Lets compare facts here between Warfe and James...
    Warfe: serviceable
    James: deadwood

hmm....

Don't get me wrong, I'd like James to get back into the side, but be realistic please.

Senior Player
    james: skills
    warfe: hack

james: promise
    warfe: hasbeen

james: unlucky with injuries
    warfe: unlucky with injuries

give the fella a go, we have all given warfe a go at some stage

I think a problem with HJ is that we have seen very little of him (unlucky bugger that he is).. So for all we know he COULD be the next messiah

If he doesn't force his way back onto the senior list this year, I'm afraid the club simply has to let him go. Warfe is playing for his spot, but at least he has that chance.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by desredandwhite
    Warfe is playing for his spot, but at least he has that chance.
    IMO I think rohans future has already been decided, I dont believe he is playing for his spot anymore, simply a backup from now on, like you saw on saturday against the pies, till fixter, seymour and co come back. Hasnt shown anything this year.
    No.1 ticket holder of Nick Davis Fan Club...

I don't want to bag Warfe - he played one of the great individual efforts on Gehrig in WA in 1998. He has been struck by injuries, IMO giving him a run to get some form and confidence would be good for him. If Seymour is ready a straight swap is appropriate - I wouldn't write him off but he is struggling.

Originally posted by penga
    fair enough, but kirk had a lot more to offer the team than warfe...
    No question there whatsoever!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast