Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Only Weak Link Last Night was....

Kate, having the right to an opinion is precisely the point. Defend the player if you must, but understand that other people are allowed to have their own opinions. Worry about your own opinions, not others'.

The players are there to do a job, and get paid pretty well to do that job. If they're not performing, I don't see any problem with their performances being called into question. If Warfe, or McPherson, or Mathews, or Kennelly, or WHOEVER does something wrong, I'm not afraid to say that they made mistakes. Maybe even put forward the opinion that they're down on form and should spend time in the 2s to get confidence back. Perhaps even suggest that they're in trouble as far as retaining their spot on the list, in the context of THE ENTIRE LIST.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by warfes_babe
    well said Julian!!
    This is a forum for discussing the game itself, not how bad you think certain players may or may not be!!! I think all bagging of players needs to stop now!!!
    I think you'll find Warfe's Babe that Julian was taking the piss out of you. Anyway, needless bagging has to stop. However as I don't see any please come again
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by warfes_babe
    well said Julian!!
    Do you understand sarcasm...?

This is a forum for discussing the game itself, not how bad you think certain players may or may not be!!!
    And discussing what players are doing well or badly is part of discussing the game - the players are the game!!

I think all bagging of players needs to stop now!!!

I'd have to say that NMWbloods is on "i love Frosty" drugs!!
    "This bagging has to stop - by the way, Frosty is crap" - you are such a hypocrite. Do you have any clue what that means, just even in the remotest way...?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Almost Football Legend
    Pull your head in girls. No-one on here is on drugs (unless 75% of the footy players Dale Lewis knows read these posts). Let the other people on here have their say about Warfey, who hasn't been completely incompetent but he has played better than his recent form. He'd be the first to admit that, but hopefully that will turn around soon - like Steve Waugh getting a run of 20s and 30s but sooner or later he'll get a century again.
    You 2 _babes have exclusive gloating rights when Warfey comes good and puts in a blinder.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    No-one on here is on drugs (unless 75% of the footy players Dale Lewis knows read these posts).
    LOL

Nice to see you NL.

I'd love to say sorry about the brick wall your fellows hit on the weekend, but...well... I'm just not.

I'm interested that some of RW's supporters keep referring to give "getting his form back." I'm a little confused. I honestly have no recollection of him ever being the kind of player you want to have the ball in his hands. Was there a time (or a game even) when he used to damage other teams coming off half back?

I'm not being rude, I just can't ever recall it. I can remember Nicks and Barry and Crouch and Matthews doing so from time to time over the past three years or so, but never Rowan.

Is my memory faulty?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I don't know about "damaging", but I distinctly remember that Warfie was one of my automatic picks in the fullback line, along with Dunks and Seymour in the first couple of years I started following footy - say 97/98ish. As a combo I thought they were always brutally effective in getting the ball back out.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by sharp9

Is my memory faulty?
    yes i think it might be.

you have a look at past games to refresh that memory of yours, then get back to me. nothing personal, i just think your off the mark totally.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Plugger46
    yes i think it might be.

you have a look at past games to refresh that memory of yours, then get back to me. nothing personal, i just think your off the mark totally.
    Plugger,

Obsessions are unhealthy.

On the Rookie List
    Can't see how you can skip talking about the players if your going to talk about the games or season to date however in fairness to all I suggest Des that you ban any threads or posts that contain names or refers to any players.

dpw, are you suggesting we shut the board down?

Des' Weblog

Well I can't look at past games, which is why I was interested in you telling me when and where he was a player who would get a game with any other club (except Geelong and Melbourne).

Have his skills gone backwards? I don't recall him ever breaking lines, running through the centre or hittting running targets with penetration. Can recall a few good contested marks....but less than his share (compared to Saddo, Barry, Dunkley or opposition forward flankers)

Enlighten me.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I always thought Warfe was quite an honest defender prior to his shoulder injury. Should he stay or should he go? I don't know. I don't care. I'll leave that call to the experts. /shrug

call me indifferent

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast