Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Only Weak Link Last Night was....

Senior Player
    Originally posted by redunderthebed
    Bloody hell, if it came down to Rowan and Frosty , I'd lick the ice cream every time.
    LOL

Almost Football Legend

Re: Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

Originally posted by warfes_babe
    I am sure that the swans can delist Frosty mid season, why else would they be keeping him in the reserves???
    They could delist him mid-season, but they'd have to pay him out - and unless it was because of a long-term injury that payout would count in the salary cap. So there'd be no benefit in delisting him now - if they've decided his time is up they may as well keep him in the reserves.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Re: Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

Originally posted by warfes_babe
    I know i have said this before, but lay off Rowan!!! He has come back from countless injuries, that any other player would have given the game away with, and he needs to be get his confidence back without the pressure of "fans" giving him hell over every little thing he does.
    Do you really think that the swans hierachy - coach, selectors, management would keep Rowan on the list if they, as you all like to put it, was C***!! They know the potential Rowan possess and know what he can do at his best!! If they thought for one minute he wasn't going to get anywhere they could have delisted him long ago, but they keep resigning him. That should tell you something!!!

It has always been said that when fit Heath would take over from Dunks!!! it is great news that Heath will be back playing next Sunday!!! There has never been any talk of Heath taking over from Rowan. Heath is still a young member of the squad that needs to gain the experience of playing against top opponents but not at the expence of Rowan.

I am sure that the swans can delist Frosty mid season, why else would they be keeping him in the reserves??? where, from what i have seen him play - he can not play for S*** and never has been able to!!!
    She attacks people attacking her beloved Rowan, yet in the same post she attacks McPherson - Can't have it both ways Warfes Babe. We are allowed to our opinion so please don't attack others on their views. Rowan shouldn't be in the seniors at this time. He lacks confidence as you said. The best thing for him would to go back to Canberra for a while AND find form and confidence, because he isn't going to find at this rate in the seniors, with the little amount of game time that he has had of late.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Senior Player

Re: Re: Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    They could delist him mid-season, but they'd have to pay him out - and unless it was because of a long-term injury that payout would count in the salary cap. So there'd be no benefit in delisting him now - if they've decided his time is up they may as well keep him in the reserves.
    well i stand corrected, i didnt think this could happen ie midseason delisting

from my understanding meiklejohn has taken doyle's spot on the senior list as doyle was put on the long term injury list... so IF HJ has a blinder and gets promoted to the senior side and then doyle recovers from injury they could then have the option of delisting mcpherson so that doyle could resume back in the senior side, that would be a pretty good reason for a midseason delisting in my opinion

have doyle back in time to get a bit of match fitness before our assault on the finals

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Tadgh-a dodgy defender?

Having been at the match I saw things quite differently than most of you here.

Whilst our effort was the best of the year by far, there are still several areas of concern. There are still way way way too many silly unforced errors. Sadly Tadgh Kennelly was the perpetrator of both of those-right under my nose too. I had my heart in my mouth nearly every time he had the ball. Again more often than not, the ball went wide from kick outs. Why, why why!!!???

Going outside the square when kicking out is inexcusable. The Pies got a goal out of that stuff up when it should have been near the centre square.Earlier on Tadgh stuffed up by handballing about 15 metres from goal. Another Pies goal was the result.

I still reckon he is wasted in defence. Put him on the wing where he CAN use his silky skills. He takes too many risks in his disposals to play in the back line as far as I'm concerned.

I don't want to sound picky, but it is still highly highly frustrating to watch players gave away unforced frees such as running too far streaming through half forward like Leo Barry did in the last quarter. That could have sealed the match far earlier than it did. Good sides like Brisbane do NOT make such silly errors. Even when we are winning, we still make way too many.

I don't want to come across as being picky. But we should have been up by 10 goals on Saturday at 1/2 and 3/4 time. We weren't.

If we make the stuff-ups we did against a Pies side totally off their game, the Lions will make us pay.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Re: Tadgh-a dodgy defender?

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Again more often than not, the ball went wide from kick outs. Why, why why!!!???

JF
    Anthony Rocca

Senior Player

Re: Tadgh-a dodgy defender?

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Whilst our effort was the best of the year by far, there are still several areas of concern. There are still way way way too many silly unforced errors.

Again more often than not, the ball went wide from kick outs. Why, why why!!!???

I still reckon he is wasted in defence. Put him on the wing where he CAN use his silky skills. He takes too many risks in his disposals to play in the back line as far as I'm concerned.

I don't want to come across as being picky. But we should have been up by 10 goals on Saturday at 1/2 and 3/4 time. We weren't.

If we make the stuff-ups we did against a Pies side totally off their game, the Lions will make us pay.
    im not sure who it was but somebody said we were playing at about 97% on sat night, i dont hink this is true at all... i reckon we were at about 80%... there were a lot of errors and kennelly did make some monumental stuff ups but he recovered IMO towards the end of the game, his head didnt drop like what normally happens when he makes a mistake, still learning the game, i do agree that he needs to be on the wing... powell needs to be pushed back into defense, kennelly on wing, fosdike on bench, fixter in for warfe...

u compare us to brisbane in your post, watch their kick ins, theyll always go out sideways and then come back towards the middle with the next disposal, thats what we adopted on sat night and IMO it worked, we no longer have dunks in the middle to go straight up the guts...

those areas of concern are improvement points that they can work on, at least we realise that we r in need of a lot further improvement before we r a gun side, once those areas are ironed out we will be goin great guns cant wait

Senior Player

Re: Re: Re: Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

Originally posted by penga
    well i stand corrected, i didnt think this could happen ie midseason delisting

from my understanding meiklejohn has taken doyle's spot on the senior list as doyle was put on the long term injury list... so IF HJ has a blinder and gets promoted to the senior side and then doyle recovers from injury they could then have the option of delisting mcpherson so that doyle could resume back in the senior side, that would be a pretty good reason for a midseason delisting in my opinion

have doyle back in time to get a bit of match fitness before our assault on the finals
    Meiklejohn did take Doyle's spot on the list.
    But as I understand things, we still have 1 senior spot left on our list.
    So if James was to come through very quickly (or someone else) or even Doyle coming back, we wouldn't have to demote Meiklejohn at all.

Suspended by the MRP
    If Rowan is reading these posts its no wonder hes playing like a dead swan.

If we continually pour crap over him, he is not going to gain any confidence and he is playing like someone who has lost confidence in himself. He is no star but maybe the 2 Pauls can instil a bit in him.

You're being too rough on warfe, he was a good player for us when we were a good side in the 90's. He is hard at the ball, unlike some of the other players we posess. He has had limited opportunities since returning from injury. How can you say he was our only bad player, he played about 15 mins and the ball hardly went anywhere near him. Did you care to have a look at the mistakes Leo Barry made running off the backline?

We need to see Warfe get some genuine game time before we write him off.

On the Rookie List jude_boltons_babe's Avatar

well said plugger46 and pippa

id just like to inform you that rowan will be reading theses posts
    jude bolton and adam biggest fan ever

On the Rookie List
    I don't think Rowan would give a toss what the people on the this site say about him or anyone else for that matter we are hardly experts just fans having a view.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast