Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Only Weak Link Last Night was....

Warming the Bench
    Reggi, Gehrig kicked 7 on warfe in 1998 !

How was that a great effort

Warfe has seen better days, and will see even better days when he plays Football at the next level down

Powell, Hunt, LRT and Sunny are the next swans to come in.

My memory was 5

Gehrig was hot at the time Warfe just kept running off him all night to present an option - I have the game on tape - he was fantastic - nothing he could do about Gehrig's marks just too big and strong for him - he and Schwass won us that game - gave us so much run off half back.

Great win.

Veterans List
    I'll go with Scurrilous on this one. James is "still' injured and besides he is on the Rookie list isn't he. So how does he get back unless we have a long term injury.

Gehrig kicked 6.3 that night - 12 marks.

He was on fire and no-one else (Roos, Dunkley, Bayes etc) could have got anywhere near him.

Gehrig was what was keeping WC in the game, and at the time you had the feeling that if Warfe could keep him from kicking 10 it would win us the game.

The way he plays Warfe definitely needs form and confidence under his belt - it's getting to the point where sending him back to the ressies is actually the fairest thing to do by him.

With HJames, I heard he is running again and only a week maybe two from playing in the reserves. That is of course some other bad luck does not come his way.
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Almost Football Legend
    Heath was at the after-match after the game against Melbourne selling raffle tickets, and he was saying then it'd be 2 weeks. Another week's gone since then, so hopefully that'll make it next week he comes back.
    But he is on the rookie list, so he'll play for the reserves; and won't be eligible to play seniors unless there's a long-term injury.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Senior Player
    can we delist mcpherson mid season?

Senior Player
    great update, thanks for the news on heath...

he was the best fella to talk to when i was at the guernsey presentation night, all the time in the world for a supporter... i hope he goes well!

Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

I know i have said this before, but lay off Rowan!!! He has come back from countless injuries, that any other player would have given the game away with, and he needs to be get his confidence back without the pressure of "fans" giving him hell over every little thing he does.
    Do you really think that the swans hierachy - coach, selectors, management would keep Rowan on the list if they, as you all like to put it, was C***!! They know the potential Rowan possess and know what he can do at his best!! If they thought for one minute he wasn't going to get anywhere they could have delisted him long ago, but they keep resigning him. That should tell you something!!!

It has always been said that when fit Heath would take over from Dunks!!! it is great news that Heath will be back playing next Sunday!!! There has never been any talk of Heath taking over from Rowan. Heath is still a young member of the squad that needs to gain the experience of playing against top opponents but not at the expence of Rowan.

I am sure that the swans can delist Frosty mid season, why else would they be keeping him in the reserves??? where, from what i have seen him play - he can not play for S*** and never has been able to!!!
    Go North Shore Bombers!!!!

Re: Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

I know i have said this before, but
    You have, so give it a rest. How about you lay off McPherson? How about you allow other people to have an opinion?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player

Re: Lay off Rowan!!!!!!!

Originally posted by warfes_babe
    where, from what i have seen him play - he can not play for S***
    this is my opinion of warfe and mcpherson, so u agree with me in one instance but not another, i know who the hypocritical one is... no one can be delisted mid season, that was tongue in cheek...

lrt, nicks, seymour, fixter, o'keefe and sundqvist can come into the side, who is goin to make way? i dont think itll be meiklejohn, powell or schneider! thats for sure, its time rowan was dropped... and pressure is mounting on fosdike and co, it is great that there is competition for spots in the side, IMO warfe doesnt warrant a spot atm

Bloody hell, if it came down to Rowan and Frosty , I'd lick the ice cream every time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast