Thread: Latest Injury List

Latest Injury List

Here is the latest injury list...extremely healthy particularly if Jude gets up for the weekend.

Stuart Maxfield Knee Test
    Matthew Nicks Knee Test
    Earl Shaw Hamstring Test
    Andrew Ericksen Wrist 5 weeks
    Stefan Garrubba Shoulder Season
    Stephen Doyle Ankle Season
    Swannies for life!

There are two injury lists. This one and the injuries which are not for public information.

By this time of year, at least 80% of the players in the league would be playing with some form of injury or niggle.

They take a needle and are fine to play.

Why is Judith not listed there?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Veteran Site Admin

Re: Latest Injury List

Originally posted by Matt79
    I hope he's done enough to get a second year on the rookie list. From what I've seen he'd be unlucky not to.

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Latest Injury List

Originally posted by liz
    I hope he's done enough to get a second year on the rookie list. From what I've seen he'd be unlucky not to.
    He can play, and that's not just my observation, I've heard it from people who would seem to know what they are talking about too (including, now, Liz)

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar

Re: Re: Latest Injury List

Originally posted by liz
    How does the Rookie list selection rules work? Can we automatically re-select or can other clubs have a shot at them in the Rookie Draft first?

Touching wood as I say we have been so lucky with injuries for about almost 3 mths now. No coincidence that we have won so many games in that time.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List

Re: Re: Re: Latest Injury List

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    He can play, and that's not just my observation, I've heard it from people who would seem to know what they are talking about too (including, now, Liz)

I have heard(albeit from his uncle) that he used to play school footy against Judd and ran rings around him even though he was a couple of years younger.This was brought to the swans attention and they followed his progress the last couple years and kept it under raps in hope of getting him as rookie rather than risking the draft.
    He is also learning a hell of a lot off field whilst living with Bazza, apparantly Hall has taken him under his wing and absolutely does anything for him.

Since i had that conversation six months ago,i have been taking a keen interest in his progress,and really think he will stay because the club really have big raps on him.Just hope this injury doesnt change anything.
    The Future is Bright,The Future is Red And White.

On the Rookie List

Re: Re: Re: Latest Injury List

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    How does the Rookie list selection rules work? Can we automatically re-select or can other clubs have a shot at them in the Rookie Draft first?
    Players are allowed 2 years on the rookie list after which they must be listed or be subject to open slather drafting. They can be listed after only 1 year though. I believe they have the option if they're not listed of nominating for the national draft after 1 year. This would apply to someone who has had exposure at senior level, looks the goods and would fancy his chances of being picked up by another club late in the draft.
    LIFE GOES ON

Veteran Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest Injury List

Originally posted by Grant
    I have heard(albeit from his uncle) that he used to play school footy against Judd and ran rings around him even though he was a couple of years younger.This was brought to the swans attention and they followed his progress the last couple years and kept it under raps in hope of getting him as rookie rather than risking the draft.
    He is also learning a hell of a lot off field whilst living with Bazza, apparantly Hall has taken him under his wing and absolutely does anything for him.

Since i had that conversation six months ago,i have been taking a keen interest in his progress,and really think he will stay because the club really have big raps on him.Just hope this injury doesnt change anything.
    He was touted as a possible early pick in the draft after his first year at U18 level but seemed to fall back a bit during his second year.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

Re: Latest Injury List

Earl Shaw Hamstring Test
    Although the reserves had the bye last weekend and the other bye this weekend so he wasn't really needed, I get a lot of pleasure seeing his ruckwork. So while I hope he gets back, I look forward to 2006.

The thing is, I thought I saw the little hunchback do it the week of the West Coast game, and yet he's only listed this week.

In any case I look forward to seeing his improvement next year, he looked lost and flighty (and I'm not referring to his remarkable turn of speed) early on but he improved markedly as the season progressed.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

And here's Brisbane's published injury list:

BRISBANE LIONS

Jason Akermanis (hamstring) test
    Richard Hadley (knee) season
    Jonathan Brown (groin) 1 week
    Simon Black (calf) test
    Justin Leppitsch (back) 1-3 weeks
    Troy Selwood (neck) test
    Clark Keating (back) test
    Luke Forsyth (groin) test
    Josh Drummond (hamstring) test
    Beau McDonald (knee) indefinite
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren