Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Crowd against North

Originally posted by sydfan83
    I think they said last summer Fosdike considered going back to Adelaide
    And Sydney lose those snazzy shoes? We'd be mad.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by cruiser
    At the ground I thought it looked like about 38,000. The SCG members area was chockers and that's often an indication of a 38,000+ crowd. On days like today I cannot figure how we ever squeezed in that big crowd in 97 for that Geelong game.
    It was definitely no more than 34000. There was a whole block of seats up the Messenger side of the O'Reilly in the corner up the back that were not filled. The crap seats near the little leaguers were not all full either. When I went on my "Walking Minstral" tour in the last quarter, I could see plenty of empty seats. And plenty of Swans members streaming out of the ground, despite us winning.

Last week proved to me that for the future the best ground to help the Swans develop as a club is Homebush. Had the game been there, I'm pretty sure they'd easily have cracked the 40000 mark. Because people would not think that the ground was full. And would still go. All GA seating was sold out yesterday, yet there were still 6000 extra seats available inside the ground and unsold.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456