Thread: Mad Monday

Mad Monday

As Mad Monday approaches a few of the Southern Sharks & St George Crows boys will have extra pocket money to play with after a horse they own(Sun Song) won today at Warwick Farm.

Rumours that all the cash won on the punt is going to be spent in the fancy dress shops of the Shire arent entirley unfounded.

The big winner will be the pubs in the Rocks though.

Regular in the Side
    Shearer,

There is a lot of talk on RWO with a particular anti-ECE feel to it.

Can you clear up a few facts for me.

Was Garner sacked or did he quit? Or is it not as simple as that.

Had ECE approached Garner and any others before they left St. George? If not, why are people picking on ECE. If UNSW or Wests signed the trio would there be a similar resentment towards those clubs?

I realise you may not wish to comment on this issue and I would respect that.

Buddy
    Shearer

I have also heard that the parents of the St George U/18's were happy that Glen left.

Is there any truth in that?

Buddy
    Shearer, more importantly next time is there any chance of you mentioning the horse before it has won so that the a bear who cant talk but likes to drink might be able to partake in the celebrations.

Shearer

"I have also heard that the parents of the St George U/18's were happy that Glen left.

Is there any truth in that?" (H B Bear)

Considering Garner was the Senior Coach (not 18's) and from all reports had a very good record of promoting and developing U18 players I think we all would like to hear if there is any truth in it and what it was they were not happy with?

I happen know for certain that one particular young Rams player who travels a considerable distance transferred from another Sydney AFL club to the Crows simply to get an opportunity to play Senior Football.

Garner and the Crows were only contacted because of Garner's reputation and record with young players.

Although I do not doubt there may be a couple of parents who believe their sons who may not of played senior football were much better players than some of the players that were.

C'mon Shearer you must know!

On the Rookie List
    From my own experience as a parent of a St George U/18 player, both myself and my son thought Garner was sensational. I also believe this to be the opinion of most (parents and players.

He was very good at giving the young boys an opportunity.

Craig O'Brien before was also in the same vain

No complaints here

I am aslo a parent of boys that had been given a chance by Glenn Garner. There had never been a problem from our side of the fence in regards to being given a chance at playing senior footy.

Well done Old Man and Whopper, good to see that someone is prepared to get off the fence and voice their opinion.

I am sure that everyone appreciates your first hand input.

Warming the Bench
    wests were having a great mad monday at Scruffy murphys in townhall singing and taking there shirts off and showing off one of my friends were there and the guys went on stage topless and sang Mustang Sally
    hope all the clubs had a great mad monday
    untill next year take care
    North Shore Bombers forever

I work for Werribee in the VFL down here in Melbourne, but made the mature decision on the advice of a certain club board memeber that it was safter at home rather than getting my head shaved by 22 drunken footballers.