Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hawthorn

Last couple of weeks Roos has shown he has exactly that thing on his mind by resting Hall and O'Loughlin in particular.

Apart from those two we CANNOT afford any injuries to either Ball or Jolly as it would dimish the advantage we have in Goodsey running all day and roaming wherever he wants.

Roos summed it up when he said he hoped the footy gods will be smiling down on the Bloods this weekend.

Anyone know how we can appease them?? Maybe St Kilda's injuries last week were karma for Grant Thomas' arrogance ??
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Hall, O'Loughlin, Ball, Jolly and Goodes are the key injury risks. Lose one of them and we are going to find it difficult. Lose two and we are stuffed.

Lose one of them plus one of Kirk, Barry, C Bolton, J Bolton, or O'Keefe and we are also in trouble.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by hammo
    Maybe St Kilda's injuries last week were karma for Grant Thomas' arrogance ??
    I am very surprised that the Saints are willing to risk Gehrig and Maguire when they have nothing to gain by playing them this weekend. The media will crucify Thomas if they injure themselves such that they miss playing in the first and any subsequent week of the finals.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by hammo
    Maybe St Kilda's injuries last week were karma for Grant Thomas' arrogance ??
    Nemesis for hubris.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Hall, O'Loughlin, Ball, Jolly and Goodes are the key injury risks. Lose one of them and we are going to find it difficult. Lose two and we are stuffed.
    Hall and Goodes are our only key injury risks IMO. Lose one of those and there is no replacement, and they give us lift where a flag is possible.

Of the others KPP..
    Leo Barry - replaced by Schuable or C.Bolton depending on match ups
    LRT - replaced by Schuable
    Ball - Jolly to ruck most of the day, backed up by Goodes
    Jolly - Ball and Goodes to ruck.
    O'Loughlan - Vogels, Schauble, Saddington, Jolly, Goodes, Ball can all play FF. Or Hall to FF and Goodes to CHF.

SXP
    Trent Croad of Hawthorn just appeard on Joy Melbourne, trying to sell his range of hair products to gay audience, that the Hawks will crush the Swans tomorrow. Appereantly they were training very hard this week to win it! Would you believe that?

Hard training to win a game in round 22 == Hawthorn coaching staff have no idea.

Originally posted by SXP
    Trent Croad of Hawthorn just appeard on Joy Melbourne, trying to sell his range of hair products to gay audience, that the Hawks will crush the Swans tomorrow. Appereantly they were training very hard this week to win it! Would you believe that?
    No. Makes you wonder what they have been doing the rest of the year.

Blog Entries
    With the Pies losing last night (hehehe), the haksa cannot finish last (unless the cop an over 100+ belting), so that is one incentive for them to win, that is now gone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345