Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trading

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Pardom my ignorance but what's White Line Fever (foxtel or something?) and was any particular commentator the source of the theory?

Ditching bevan after one good year and one poor year seems a bit hairtrigger doesn't it?

Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
    I think that's entirely unfair. Saddingtons form was only questioned when he got a run of injurys in 03. He's been unlucky since and played out of position. Not untradeable but not as hopeless as he is painted by some here, imo.
    I think it was questioned long before that when he didn't become the CHB we'd hoped for. His injury aloowed B2 and perhaps Dempster to go past him as a tall flanker.

Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    What would happen if Ball retires? Would we just draft/trade a mature aged ruckman (ala Mott) or put all our eggs in the one basket and count on Doyle to last the whole year to help big Jol?
    Erickson and the Big Earl certainly aren't ready yet.
    Big Earl's a lot closer than that. No he won't be carrying the ruck in 2006, but I think he could be playing 10 minutes a quarter to relieve Jolly in the seniors next year if Big Jase pulls the plug.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Originally posted by Ruckman
    Ditching bevan after one good year and one poor year seems a bit hairtrigger doesn't it?
    It sure does. I can't think of a reason why the club would trade Bevo after keeping the likes of James, Fixter, Sundqvist, Powell on the list for a longer period and less games in return. As I said before, I think Bevo and Saddo were picked out because they were on our emergency list, were young and have a fair few games under their belt.

Big Earl's a lot closer than that. No he won't be carrying the ruck in 2006, but I think he could be playing 10 minutes a quarter to relieve Jolly in the seniors next year if Big Jase pulls the plug.
    We have Doyle who'll be given another chance to prove he can survive a season without getting injuried. If he can do that, we aren't that bad off in the ruck department that we would need to trade/draft a ruckman if Ball does retire as has been mooted.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123