Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading

Go Swans Always

Trading

According to White Line Fever - Sydney will trade Bevan and Saddington.

Bit sad on Bevan - was great last year - hasn't had a chance this year.
    Most improved in 2004.
    What is happening - overload now of good players for Swans.
    Love those Swans

On the Rookie List
    I'd hate to see bevan leave.
    Using hypothesis testing via confidence intervals:
    Nick Davis mark inside 50 = goal

Blog Entries

Re: Trading

Originally posted by janpa
    For what. A Cloke and Roger James?

Re: Trading

Originally posted by janpa
    You think what was said on WLF tonight, was the opinion of someone who looked at our list and pulled likely names out of a hat. Sure Saddo is likely to be offered up for trade like he was in 2003 (and would of last year if not for doing his knee) but it doesn't mean he is on the next plane out of Sydney.

Bit sad on Bevan - was great last year - hasn't had a chance this year.
    He had plenty of time and chances to make himself an important part of the senior team this year (12 matches is more than enough time one would think) but he just didn't live up to the standard he set for himself last year. I agree it would be rough on him to trade him, but if the deal is right for the club they would be crazy to knock it back. Still I think its unlikely that the club would be looking to trade him.

What is happening - overload now of good players for Swans.
    Our depth in the midfielders and small to medium defenders is as good as its been for years and because our injury list hasn't been as bad as it was in late 2003 and most of last year, we are seeing players who got regular senior football sit out matches because the young kids such as Dempster, Moore and Malceski have come though as expected.

I know the overload is a good thing because we know for certain that we can cover the impending retirements over the next year or two of Willo and Maxfield and maybe can focus on the depth in the key positions in this years draft.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Go Swans Always
    Think Maxfield will go this year - too much of a risk for next
    Love those Swans

Veterans List
    Pure speculation on WLF's part but it would be sad to see a Sydney boy go if Bevan was traded.

I disagree that Bevan wasnt given a chance. I think he was given enough games to prove himself earlier in the year.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List BayesysLeftBoot's Avatar
    I agree he had his chances this year but why should Saddington get 5 or 6 years to produce sweet FA and Bevan get half a season?

Would be sad to see both him and fixter go at seasons end, the two most courages kids we've had since chapman.

I don't think they would trade Bevan. Still very young, got courage, plenty of room for improvement or achieving again the performance of 2004.

I agree his games in 2005 didn't merit being selected at this end of the season, but I can't see him being traded.

Saddington yes.

And I wonder if Fosdike is off the menu now. I've been surprised by how well he has gone, in most games, since returning.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by cruiser
    I disagree that Bevan wasnt given a chance. I think he was given enough games to prove himself earlier in the year.
    One and a half seasons?? It took LRT twice that to produce anything at all.

They will not trade him IMO. Not unless they can use the trade to snag a truly dynamic young midfielder.

Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
    why should Saddington get 5 or 6 years to produce sweet FA.
    I think that's entirely unfair. Saddingtons form was only questioned when he got a run of injurys in 03. He's been unlucky since and played out of position. Not untradeable but not as hopeless as he is painted by some here, imo.

On the Rookie List
    The difference between Bevan and Saddington/LRT is that as tall blokes they had lots of upside. With Bevan what you see is what you get and what you are continually likely to get. In any case White Line Fever didn't use the club's list, they just projected into the future from their own perspective.
    LIFE GOES ON

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast